Your First Live Concert-

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
Fugazi. This show: https://www.dischord.com/fugazi_live_series/portland-me-usa-40895

My sister was a student at the University and in whatever student group organized it. They needed volunteers to help out, so I got volunteered. I got to meet the band before the show and mostly stood off at the back and told people where the bathrooms were (it was in a Gym and there wasn't really good signage) and was responsible for letting the sound guy in and out the side exit when he took cigarette breaks.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
The man is a master of his craft, he's the embodiment of "just have fun with it." If half the artist's put on not only a live show as good as him, but had the chops to make a parody that rivals the original song (which are always powerhouse songs), what a world we'd live in.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First concert of all time, probably my dad's band. As far as big concerts, I don't remember what was first, Little Richard, Riders in the Sky or Britney Spears with my cousin.

sleewell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I saw that one. '97?

Sounds about right. Was the Mellon collie tour when 1979 was big on the radio.

Smashing pumpkins played like shit lol. Billy actually apologized like 3/4 of the way through. Was my first show so I had no idea but I still remember that. Towards the end he got more pissed and fucked up one of his guitars.

SD83

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Kreator with Caliban & Eluveitie opening. Quite a suprise as well, I had no plans of going anywhere until like 10 in the morning when a good friend, who used to write for some metal journal, called me "Any plans for tonight? If not, do you want to see Kreator for free? My colleague just called in sick..."

chinnybob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Darkness with Ash opening for them. Still don't think I've seen anything more rock n roll than Tim Wheeler's flying v with built in flamethrower.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Type O Negative (RIP Peter Steel) opening for Pantera! (RIP Dime & Vinnie).

It was a pretty epic concert that cemented my interest in guitar and live sound. A few years ago, I had the fortune of getting a guitar set up and shipped out to Rex Brown. It was pretty epic to have kinda come full circle like that!

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First band live was Less Than Jake but first heavy lineup I ever saw was that tour that Megadeth put on. Think it was called Gigantour. Got free tickets from the guy who owned the shop I took lessons at and didn't realize I was seeing Opeth and Lamb of God at some pretty great points in their careers until years later.

They were so sick I barely cared about Megadeth by the time they came on. Also Arch Enemy, Overkill, and a band called Into Eternity that I thought was cool at the time. Think it was 2005 or 2006.

Krauthammer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Presidents of the United States of America, 1994 @ first avenue with my dad. It was a good time for my 10 year old self

jahosy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Saigon Kick 'water' tour in Singapore '95. was a small venue about 300 pple max 😆

Latest posts