World Cup 2022

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
France has been playing very well. If I were betting, my money would be on France. Maybe Argentina.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Man what an intense game. France could have blown it but they held it together enough.

Allez Les Bleus! Putain allons-y!

Lax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
We weren't at the top of our game yesterday and thought the English were going to be far more physical and violent than us, but in the end we bullied them lol.
Lucky they can't aim because our goalkeeper wouldn't stop a 2 meters diameter ball

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Didn’t see that coming, but then France didn’t show up to play until the end of the second half, so they brought it on themselves.

ArtDecade

Phi Zappa Krappa
Reaction score
Probably the greatest final we will see in our lifetimes. Great job to both teams. Congrats Argentina - Messi still sucks.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That was an incredible match. I still think penalties should be illegal and punishable by international law. Messi is amazing. Good bye.

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly I was cheering on Croatia, as venetian citizen, but I'm glad Argentina won, Messi deserved the whole thing, he was missing a WC to crown his career and I'm glad it ended this way....Also the team played overall better 75% of the final. Mbappè is a huge player tho, and can only get better with age, he shouldn't worry that much.

Hoping Italy will make an appearance as well next time, but honestly not sure :spock:

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That was an incredible match. I still think penalties should be illegal and punishable by international law

Yup, old school MLS kinda shootouts were much more entertaining, and far less dramatic.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Le sigh :(

Sad on the outcome but ultimately that match will go down in history! Congrats to Messi for getting a cup before he retires from international play. France is still a young team and will definitely be competitive in 2026.

Lax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hope the first 80 minutes were due to covid/flu/camel sickness, because it was unbearable to watch !
With team B and Mbappe we managed to equal argentina, mostly because they were caught at their own game : stealing penalties etc.

I'm not that bitter because if we won, it would have been kind of a steal, because they could have scored way more !

PS: We will never win a penalty time with Lloris. NEVER.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Ok, conflicting feelings here:
a) We lost... but
b) All goals were scored by PSG players or former player in the case of Di Maria. (Who is really popular in Paris as he doesn't seem to have the kind of ego some football stars develop - We still love Zlatan because he has the humor to go with it, though)... but...
c) Penalty kicks suck ass.... but...
d) it was a good show all around, with unexpected twists (Mbappé scoring twice in rapid succession, plus, his volley was a genuine great move) but....
e) A chance to win 2 world cups in a row probably won't present itself again in decades, if ever.

I did appreciate the game, the sting of defeat is lessened for me because as a born and raised parisian I like a good chunk of the Argentina squad I had the opportunity to see play. (Not Paredes, though - but older players like Javier Pastore (Very elegant player plagued with injuries) were instrumental in helping get the club where it is today)
Plus, it closed up the debate, Messi>the fake Ronaldo.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
What a fucking game. Argentina's keeper's splits save in the final minute of overtime was fucking unreal.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
fake Ronaldo.
It is nice to read this. I remember when he first came into the picture and started gaining popularity, I was all "Ronaldo who?!". It is the main reason I never liked him too much (despite being a great player, regardless, imo). I feel like there's an impostor :lol: Ronaldo Fenômeno has a special place in my heart.