Winspear Instrumental Company

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Winspear, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear Vendor

Really, thanks so much for the kind words! Europes Kalium - in two words that's really what I hope to do, so I appreciate that!
    Your analysis is entirely spot on of course :) I agree about the D'addario balanced sets - a lovely introduction for bass, but I feel the guitar sets were the wrong approach (perhaps a misinterpretation of people talking about 'balanced' being mostly shorthand for 'balanced low end').
    There is a little step down around 0.5-1lbs to the plain 15, but indeed this one is a heavier on the top. It's really there as a more balanced heavy alternative to the 14s which are partly identical. I think of this one almost like a 'light Bass VI' set where I'd move closer towards 100% balance (on bass), and where all wounds would be ideal (will have a 17w alternative to the 15 eventually). I'll offer a couple of heavier 'Bass VI' sets too progressing up to the 90 gauge with no plain strings.

2. Winspear

Shivs, just ask me to soften the tip after ordering :)

3. Winspear

I did have 'hybrid' sets on the site initially where you could chose the plains and wounds from any set to mix and match a custom blend of heavy bottom/light top (or indeed, completely balanced or inverse haha). However it was hard to implement on the site currently and didn't get touched in 100 orders so is gone for now. The single string custom option is there at least.

4. ixlramp

ixlramp SS.org Regular

Here's a suggestion: Package the larger gauge guitar strings (anything over roughly .056) in bass string size envelopes, to bend them less.
    Skip of Kalium is convinced that the bending of strings into small coils causes not insignificant damage.

When i think about this, guitar envelope size is just an arbitrary tradition that was formed when no-one used larger than .056. Strings should be coiled as large as is practical. Maybe even use large envelopes for all gauges.

Mathemagician and Winspear like this.
  5. Winspear

Thanks for the thoughts! I definitely understand that, would be interesting to do a direct test to see what Skip found. I am aware that winding them that tight doesn't seem nice for the big gauges and am definitely going to step up the packaging size at least a little next time I order boxes.

New merch preorder just went live :D

[​IMG]
    https://www.winspearinstrumental.com/collections/merch/products/slime-green-winspear-merch-preorder

6. Winspear

Last day to preorder slime green merch :)
    Order queue is currently pretty clear too with new orders estimated to ship this week

7. d3monc

d3monc SS.org Regular

That’s a pretty cool shirt wish I didn’t miss the pre-order. Do you only do mercy in limited runs? I got some picks to try out.

8. Winspear

Awesome man, thanks! What size are you? I did order a little extra stock for Uk Tech Fest. Generally just runs and then any left over from them goes on the site in limited sizes

9. Winspear

[​IMG]

https://www.winspearinstrumental.com/products/pickups

It's finally time! After a year in development, Winspear Instrumental are proud to enter a new era with the release of our pickups. We hope you enjoy them every bit as much as we enjoyed perfecting them. I'm very excited to finally be able to offer these publicly and can't wait to hear your feedback.

I also realised how long it's been since I've offered a store wide discount on my plectrums, so to celebrate, all plectrums are 20% off until next week. This will likely be the last big order batch to ship before I take a short break for UK Tech-Fest in early July, at which I'll be making another appearance this year. Come and say hi if you're attending!

Any current outstanding orders should ship before next week :hbang:

10. Winspear

[​IMG]

An arrival with a customer today :) Ormsby fanned 7 string sets are ready to go at no upcharge. That's not dust - looks more like stars in a night sky but is quite impossible to photograph! If you've tried some of my resin picks you know what's up

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  11. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Ugh FINE order placed. Looking forward to finally trying a shiv and broadsword.

Winspear likes this.
  12. Winspear

Thanks! :D

Mathemagician likes this.
  13. Winspear

Konfyouzd likes this.
  14. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd has left the building Contributor

It may have come up on a different page, but I'm feeling particularly lazy today.

Is the Sandstorm gone or did it just change names? I really liked that one.

That one, the black one (I can't remember the name of it) and the amber shivs are my jam. But I always slightly favored the Sandstorm.

15. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Gone, sadly. That's pretty much the best material I've ever played (PEEK1000 aka Sandstorm).

Konfyouzd likes this.
  16. Konfyouzd

17. Winspear

Sorry about that :( It got replaced with Gold, which is fairly similar. Sandstorm was going to have to increase in price considerably if I kept it. Gold doesn't last quite as long but is cheaper.
    I'll bring it back one day if I can :)

Konfyouzd likes this.
  18. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Please do. I don't feel that Gold is similar at all in feel honestly.

19. Konfyouzd

I'll give the golds a try soon. I'm still playing on the same Purity and Amber Shivs I've had for a while and they seem to be holding up. I was just sad bc I lost my only Sandstorm. Should have bought more when I had the chance! :lol:

20. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Hey Tom- finally got around to placing an order a while back and it just came in today.
    Just wanted to say everything is incredible and I'm thoroughly impressed. I picked up one of the nifty little pick pouches, a set of strings (that I sadly haven't strung up yet), a 5mm stealth longsword, one of the 1mm amber shurikens, and one of the fountainheads. All 3 of these picks feel better than what I've been using for years and I think I've got a special soft spot for the shuriken.

And yeah, echoing everyone else- the packaging is super cool dude. The seal was a really slick touch.