Why are you sad right now?

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
did you....give him a hand after it happened?

😐😐😐😐

That's pretty awful. Can't say i've seen anything quite that bad in real life.

Minus seeing someone get shot in the head right in front of me, this was pretty high up there.

I was ripping around on some tracks by myself (after this shit never doing that again) and this lady came frantically running up telling me her husband was in a “car accident” and pointed to the GP track. I started riding over and saw him walking up holding his arm so I didn’t think he was too bad off until I got up and saw that he basically degloved his index, pinky, and most of his hand back to his wrist. Surprisingly it wasn’t bleeding and I can’t believe he didn’t pass out. I asked him his name and who the current president was and he said Trump so I knew he was okay. I rode immediately to the lodge to get help and call 911 then went back to them. I asked them where he was staying and they told me so I rode to their cabin to inform his family/friends then went back and hung until the ambulance got there. His wife did not speak very good English and I actually think she was in more shock than him. He was pale as shit but cool as a cucumber. I debated a tourniquet but he just wasn’t losing much blood because it was blunt force trauma from the cage roll and that shit just looked like uncased chorizo turned inside out. The nearest hand surgeon was two hours so they debated a helicopter, but ended up going to general surgery an hour away because there just wasn’t much saving anything. He was with a riding team and they videoed his whole hand before the surgery then interviewed me too so I’m now a famous YouTuber.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fuck that's gnarly. Glad there was help nearby and all that. Fuck ATVs man. I am terrified of those things and nobody will convince me otherwise.

I came upon a pretty bad car wreck driving through BC, my partner and I were the first ones on the scene. Lady was more or less okay, looked like she went right through the windshield, but her ankle was snapped at 90° a couple inches above the joint, bone sticking out and everything. We stayed with her til a cop showed up. Her kitty was in the car too, undamaged fortunately.

She was driving to Anchorage, AK to live with her family. I hope she made it. I also hope I never see anything like that again.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, the other day I got to see a guy get half his hand ripped off rolling his Razr 900 on the GP track at Durhamtown. To be continued…

Hand injuries are ultra gross. Couple years back I played a gig and a guy in the audience (he was definitely drunk but he might've also been mentally ill or handicapped), he was kinda hardcore dancing and headbanging and throwing his fists though there wasn't really much anyone around. I got off stage and he was in the bathroom wrapping his hand in paper towels and when he took them off, it turned out he was punching the steel barricade infront of the stage over and over again, and he totalled obliterated his hand. All four knuckles on his hand were fully exposed, looked like chicken bone joints.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hand injuries are ultra gross. Couple years back I played a gig and a guy in the audience (he was definitely drunk but he might've also been mentally ill or handicapped), he was kinda hardcore dancing and headbanging and throwing his fists though there wasn't really much anyone around. I got off stage and he was in the bathroom wrapping his hand in paper towels and when he took them off, it turned out he was punching the steel barricade infront of the stage over and over again, and he totalled obliterated his hand. All four knuckles on his hand were fully exposed, looked like chicken bone joints.

That sounds like drugs.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As far as the rollover, not a perfect solution but that's why you're supposed to have grab handles (I've used in offroading anything without a steel roof) so your hands aren't wrapped around the outside of the bar, so that it doesn't rollover onto them.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That sounds like drugs.

It's possible. I've been around my share of people on different substances, he was surprisingly lucid and also after the adrenaline had worn off in the ~5 minutes after he left the floor, he was clearly in pain and knew he was injured.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
As far as the rollover, not a perfect solution but that's why you're supposed to have grab handles (I've used in offroading anything without a steel roof) so your hands aren't wrapped around the outside of the bar, so that it doesn't rollover onto them.
We were off road ( they call it rock-crawling) at a ranch out in Llano TX some years ago and a few guys in the group decided to try to get up this insanely steep rock-face. I did the bypass cause I wasn't into that level of stupidity. But there was some guy in a Jeep with no top/ no doors, that started up it and subsequently flipped over. Jeep landed upside down and I heard him scream as the vehicle continued to slide across the granite. He continued screaming and you knew he was hurt cause usually when you go over, it's more of a "whoopsie" kind of thing if you're not hurt... or not hurt badly.

We got to him immediately. Dude had grabbed onto the roll-cage ( factory cage/ no handles) so his hand got smashed hard. Then as it slid across the granite, it just shredded off most of his middle finger and a bit of his ring finger and pinky. It wasn't horrible compared ot some of the stuff I've seen but was still pretty gnarly. Dude lost a lot of blood.. or looked like it anyway... fuckin blood everywhere. They airlifted him out. His wife or g/f was super upset obviously. I don't think the Jeep was totaled but it was beat up pretty good and from what my buddy told me later, they sold it shortly after that trip.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No, that's just a random video showing the equipment, track, and turn he was on. Their riding club will probably have a video of their whole trip and the incident up on their youtube channel in a week or so.
Share it dude when it does I always watch YouTube people share i will subscribe to I have become a fiendish YouTube junkie in the almost three years of unemployment I have had

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were off road ( they call it rock-crawling) at a ranch out in Llano TX some years ago and a few guys in the group decided to try to get up this insanely steep rock-face. I did the bypass cause I wasn't into that level of stupidity. But there was some guy in a Jeep with no top/ no doors, that started up it and subsequently flipped over. Jeep landed upside down and I heard him scream as the vehicle continued to slide across the granite. He continued screaming and you knew he was hurt cause usually when you go over, it's more of a "whoopsie" kind of thing if you're not hurt... or not hurt badly.

We got to him immediately. Dude had grabbed onto the roll-cage ( factory cage/ no handles) so his hand got smashed hard. Then as it slid across the granite, it just shredded off most of his middle finger and a bit of his ring finger and pinky. It wasn't horrible compared ot some of the stuff I've seen but was still pretty gnarly. Dude lost a lot of blood.. or looked like it anyway... fuckin blood everywhere. They airlifted him out. His wife or g/f was super upset obviously. I don't think the Jeep was totaled but it was beat up pretty good and from what my buddy told me later, they sold it shortly after that trip.

Exactly that, yep. The vehicle tips even a little bit and the first reaction is to grab the roll bar.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Exactly that, yep. The vehicle tips even a little bit and the first reaction is to grab the roll bar.
Yeah. I got away from the crazy stuff a long time ago and I'm not missing it. Saw plenty of people sticking hands and legs out and grabbing roll cages when they'd start to go over. Fabricated cages with welded in handles and gussets as well as 3pt/ 5pt harnesses are the way to go.