Why are you sad right now?

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I dunno.. it is in my family anyway... Wife caught it after five of her employees had it so maybe. No one I know has severe symptoms like with delta but the long lasting effects are kinda concerning.. brain fog, fatigue, and all that.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I dunno.. it is in my family anyway... Wife caught it after five of her employees had it so maybe. No one I know has severe symptoms like with delta but the long lasting effects are kinda concerning.. brain fog, fatigue, and all that.
Yeah, fingers crossed you guys don't get any of that shit. My family got lucky, we all had it in the spring and the symptoms were milder than the normal flu with seemingly no lasting effects.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I never ever got it maybe I’m immune but I also never left my house the whole lockdown and about 6 months early and would only go to the grocery store at about the moment they opened up so no one was around but that’s why kind of loopy now

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Yeah, fingers crossed you guys don't get any of that shit. My family got lucky, we all had it in the spring and the symptoms were milder than the normal flu with seemingly no lasting effects.
Really glad when I hear of those that had no long-term effects. My wife is still testing positive but she had to go back to work yesterday as she only has so much paid-leave. And she felt better as of this past weekend... no more symptoms aside from lingering congestion and mild headaches.

But it really scared me last night when she came home looking rough as shit. Said that she had felt disoriented throughout the day, was forgetting things, and was just exhausted and out of it. She's NEVER like that. She went to bed almost immediately after getting home and slept for about 11 hours. She said that other coworkers also complained of these types of lingering effects and that after a week or so they felt back to normal, but fuck... that's scary shit. I don't like thinking about her zoning out while driving and getting in an accident or doing something that winds up getting her hurt or loosing her job cause she's unable to focus on her responsibilities or something. I just hope she gets back to herself asap because this zombie-version of her is def concerning atm.

Thanks, dude.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Atheist vibrations are better than prayers in this house. That at least made me smile whereas prayers woulda just made me think of you and Glades skipping hand in hand through god-kissed poppy fields... stopping every so often to point your assault rifles to the sky and rat-a-tat-tat in praise.

Thanks, brother... very much appreciate the support.

Demiurge

Intrepid Jackass
Reaction score
But it really scared me last night when she came home looking rough as shit. Said that she had felt disoriented throughout the day, was forgetting things, and was just exhausted and out of it. She's NEVER like that. She went to bed almost immediately after getting home and slept for about 11 hours. She said that other coworkers also complained of these types of lingering effects and that after a week or so they felt back to normal, but fuck... that's scary shit. I don't like thinking about her zoning out while driving and getting in an accident or doing something that winds up getting her hurt or loosing her job cause she's unable to focus on her responsibilities or something. I just hope she gets back to herself asap because this zombie-version of her is def concerning atm.

When I had COVID, the "brain fog" lasted twice as long as the cold/flu symptoms. Luckily, I work from home and the current workload model at my job is for everyone to be atrociously behind, so it didn't have a drastic effect. There's no substitute for rest in this phase.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
When I had COVID, the "brain fog" lasted twice as long as the cold/flu symptoms. Luckily, I work from home and the current workload model at my job is for everyone to be atrociously behind, so it didn't have a drastic effect. There's no substitute for rest in this phase.
Seems that you're dead on with your sleep assessment. When she got up yesterday after a lotta sleep, she said she felt much much better than the previous day. And last night she came home feeling better than the previous day. She was still tired cause she puts in 10+ hr shifts BUT she had fewer issues with disorientation and fatigue and she attributes that to getting a lot of rest the night before. And even though she was feeling better last night, I encouraged her to get to bed asap. She did and is still sleeping now. Yeah... Good advice, man. Thank you.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I spent the better part of 10 years helping out with a local, free, all ages music festival. Unfortunately, internal tensions eventually one out, and a very small group of the organizers decided that the festival was not happening anymore after a very tough summer for us all in 2018.

I poured substantial portions of my life into that festival, the last year we did it I organized the lineup and was half of the kitchen organizing committee while working two full-time jobs.

without getting into the ugly details stretching out over a decade, I felt consistently undermined and under-appreciated by the time all was said and done, a fairy common experience for people not "in the club" it would turn out.

Anyway, I have been hearing rumors recently that the festival is starting up again, and to be honest I am really fucking angry, and also really fucking sad that nobody even reached out to me to see if I was interested in helping.

I probably don't actually want to be around that, those people did not respect me, and while I love the event and what it stands for, it was not a good environment for me despite all of the things I learn from it. It's opening up an old wound though, that I was able to basically just shove away in the closet since the event wasn't actually happening anymore.

what kills me the most is that whenever people tell me the festival is happening again, I have nothing fucking good to say. People on the outside don't see all of the bullshit that was happening over the years between us, they just see the awesome free all ages family friendly music festival.

It just sucks and hurts a lot. It's exactly what I've always wanted to do, from the time I was a teenager I knew that organizing shows was my shit. I lived the dream I wanted, making free anarchist shit happen, undermining bar-centric music culture etc and it sucks to be living in a tiny fucking town where I don't feel welcome or appreciated in the one community that is doing the thing that I want to do.

I think it's time to get the fuck out of this town.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I spent the better part of 10 years helping out with a local, free, all ages music festival. Unfortunately, internal tensions eventually one out, and a very small group of the organizers decided that the festival was not happening anymore after a very tough summer for us all in 2018.

I poured substantial portions of my life into that festival, the last year we did it I organized the lineup and was half of the kitchen organizing committee while working two full-time jobs.

without getting into the ugly details stretching out over a decade, I felt consistently undermined and under-appreciated by the time all was said and done, a fairy common experience for people not "in the club" it would turn out.

Anyway, I have been hearing rumors recently that the festival is starting up again, and to be honest I am really fucking angry, and also really fucking sad that nobody even reached out to me to see if I was interested in helping.

I probably don't actually want to be around that, those people did not respect me, and while I love the event and what it stands for, it was not a good environment for me despite all of the things I learn from it. It's opening up an old wound though, that I was able to basically just shove away in the closet since the event wasn't actually happening anymore.

what kills me the most is that whenever people tell me the festival is happening again, I have nothing fucking good to say. People on the outside don't see all of the bullshit that was happening over the years between us, they just see the awesome free all ages family friendly music festival.

It just sucks and hurts a lot. It's exactly what I've always wanted to do, from the time I was a teenager I knew that organizing shows was my shit. I lived the dream I wanted, making free anarchist shit happen, undermining bar-centric music culture etc and it sucks to be living in a tiny fucking town where I don't feel welcome or appreciated in the one community that is doing the thing that I want to do.

I think it's time to get the fuck out of this town.
You can move into my house if you want I got two extra bedrooms lol

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks bud. I've got you in Texas, and my best friend in Oklahoma offering me beds. Now if only someone would offer me a bed in a place I actually fucking want to live. 😹😹😹

I'd offer you MA but something tells me you'd hate it here

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks bud. I've got you in Texas, and my best friend in Oklahoma offering me beds. Now if only someone would offer me a bed in a place I actually fucking want to live. 😹😹😹
Honestly I’m getting tired of texas to. Of course people not from here if they come to visit every is polite and speaks to you. But that’s not the true texas that they are seeing. Of course the cost of living is good cause we’re one of the biggest economy’s. But they are not leniant on any of there laws, and the people are judging you always. They just one that stupid country music.. I hate country music I really hope we get the amphitheater that will make me a little happier still trying to get twelve million.. I bet someone will put the money up though with all the rich oil field money that’s here.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, the other day I got to see a guy get half his hand ripped off rolling his Razr 900 on the GP track at Durhamtown. To be continued…