Why are you mad right now?

LordIronSpatula

A series of interconnected fortune cookies.
Reaction score
Mother fucking autocorrect. I've never confirmed this as true but I heard a while back they switched autocorrect to learn from other people's typing or something? I don't know, either way it's notably worse than it was on my phones from 2011-2015.

It's not even the little shit it does that pisses me off like always switching well/we'll to the wrong one (I will type "we'll be there in 5 minutes" and it changes we'll to well, but then I type something like "Well I don't think that's accurate" and it becomes we'll), the shit that pisses me off the most is when it just subs in multiple words in the place of a correct word AFTER I've completed it and entered words after. For instance:

"Hey let's go to the store later" will become "Hey let's goad start letters" after I finish typing later. This is a fabricated example to show the kind of shit it does to exaggerate the effect, but it's often this bad.
Turned mine off a few months ago. Never going back.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm tired of feeling like my entire department is fighting me keeping my public facing server running. Motherfuckers are gonna pay soon. Oh, don't worry, I'm not one of those irrational, bring a gun to work day freaks. No, no, my payment shall come in the form of business blood. So long, fuckers. In the cutthroat world of fucking your business partners over, there's only so many cuts I'm willing to take before I fight back.

The trouble with pissing off the calm dude in the office? Once you've set him into business berserker mode, there's no turning it off until the cull has been completed. One way or another, somebody's getting their ass to the HR offices over this one. If it's me, so be it. I'll be sure and burn those fuckin' bridges on my way out. Hopefully while you dipshits are standing on them.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm tired of feeling like my entire department is fighting me keeping my public facing server running. Motherfuckers are gonna pay soon. Oh, don't worry, I'm not one of those irrational, bring a gun to work day freaks. No, no, my payment shall come in the form of business blood. So long, fuckers. In the cutthroat world of fucking your business partners over, there's only so many cuts I'm willing to take before I fight back.

The trouble with pissing off the calm dude in the office? Once you've set him into business berserker mode, there's no turning it off until the cull has been completed. One way or another, somebody's getting their ass to the HR offices over this one. If it's me, so be it. I'll be sure and burn those fuckin' bridges on my way out. Hopefully while you dipshits are standing on them.
I'd suggest that you rethink this. I'm not sure what the public facing server is for, much less that you do for a living (it is none of my business). That said, I suggest making sure that you have a new bridge to stand on before you nuke the current one.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd suggest that you rethink this. I'm not sure what the public facing server is for, much less that you do for a living (it is none of my business). That said, I suggest making sure that you have a new bridge to stand on before you nuke the current one.
Meh.

I mean, money wise I'm good for the next couple years if I keep my head down even if they nuke my job. That said, I'm also in a leverage position at the moment. Especially since the guys above my boss and his boss have expressed concern over the constant deep dicking I've been getting from the rest of the department. Specifically because it's making our entire company look like a fucking laughing stock to our dealer network.

I'm at the point where I'm willing to roll the dice.

Case of rum, case of rum. /Kelly Bundy

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Meh.

I mean, money wise I'm good for the next couple years if I keep my head down even if they nuke my job. That said, I'm also in a leverage position at the moment. Especially since the guys above my boss and his boss have expressed concern over the constant deep dicking I've been getting from the rest of the department. Specifically because it's making our entire company look like a fucking laughing stock to our dealer network.

I'm at the point where I'm willing to roll the dice.

Case of rum, case of rum. /Kelly Bundy
With the inflation, etc. going on, even if you think you are good, I'd still be cautious. I would to see you post that you have had to sell a bunch of stuff to remain afloat.

Kelly Bundy was a total babe, though they made her a bit too much of a bimbo. I get that it was meant to be a stereotype, but they went too heavily into that.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
With the inflation, etc. going on, even if you think you are good, I'd still be cautious. I would to see you post that you have had to sell a bunch of stuff to remain afloat.

Kelly Bundy was a total babe, though they made her a bit too much of a bimbo. I get that it was meant to be a stereotype, but they went too heavily into that.
I'm being very surgical with my actual approach. Me being fired is about a 1-3% chance, or less. Despite my tendency to curse like a sailor at times, I can be shockingly literate and cohesive when it comes to business fuckery and speaking with the higher ups in the chain. I'll have a string of emails here that will look like they were written by an English professor that understands there's a difference between using big words and knowing what you are talking about.

And while I agree with your assessment of Kelly Bundy, I was a ball of teenage hormones at the time and silly stupid and curvy still got the blood flowing, even if I knew I'd never be able to stomach it for long in real life. As if I'd have the chance.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm being very surgical with my actual approach. Me being fired is about a 1-3% chance, or less. Despite my tendency to curse like a sailor at times, I can be shockingly literate and cohesive when it comes to business fuckery and speaking with the higher ups in the chain. I'll have a string of emails here that will look like they were written by an English professor that understands there's a difference between using big words and knowing what you are talking about.

And while I agree with your assessment of Kelly Bundy, I was a ball of teenage hormones at the time and silly stupid and curvy still got the blood flowing, even if I knew I'd never be able to stomach it for long in real life. As if I'd have the chance.
Just to be clear: I am not making any negative aspertions to you or your character (ie, how literate you are, etc). I am only cautioning that you take a step back and address this as calmly and rationally as possible, as being too aggressive about this could result in a bad recommendation going forward.

Yeah, dumb blonde bimbo isn't exactly my type, but she was a total babe. Banging a chick like that is one thing, as some folks are into one nighters (I am not), but having to hold conversations with someone who is not bright and has no indication of wanting to improve is not my thing.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mother fucking autocorrect. I've never confirmed this as true but I heard a while back they switched autocorrect to learn from other people's typing or something? I don't know, either way it's notably worse than it was on my phones from 2011-2015.

It's not even the little shit it does that pisses me off like always switching well/we'll to the wrong one (I will type "we'll be there in 5 minutes" and it changes we'll to well, but then I type something like "Well I don't think that's accurate" and it becomes we'll), the shit that pisses me off the most is when it just subs in multiple words in the place of a correct word AFTER I've completed it and entered words after. For instance:

"Hey let's go to the store later" will become "Hey let's goad start letters" after I finish typing later. This is a fabricated example to show the kind of shit it does to exaggerate the effect, but it's often this bad.

I've been using dictation a lot due to a hand injury and it is similarly infuriating. Of course, it always understands with perfect clarity when I get mad and start yelling at my device. I do love reading back my strings of obscenities.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score

I don't even have autocorrect on, and it still sometimes adds extra words for some reason. I guess it's the swipe to type feature that accidentally gets triggered if there's some moisture on the display. Don't know why I haven't disabled that before, I just did now. Most of the time there's just too many options for it to be able to guess what I intended to write, so I never use it anyway.

Dictation works surprisingly well using the Gboard keyboard though - I tend to use that if I need to text while driving. I just speak super slowly, one word at a time, and it gets everything 99% correct. I guess Finnish is one of the easiest languages to do that on though, since everything is written exactly as it's pronounced.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score

I hate how bad it is at punctuation. Like im trying to type out a url and it thinks I'm typing full sentences.

"hey guys have you checked out www. Sevenstring. Org?"

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
okay but auto correct poetry is art tho

i'm glad i got to work with me today

place to park in the woods and the sun is shining and the sunshine sunshine is beautiful

and the other one is the only thing that they didn't need for the first one

if you can find out if i is available to do a ride with me then i'll send it back home in the sun

once you get back into your room you'll have never been able to

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
I'm missing a bunch of guitar hardware and one of my bluetooth speakers. I already tore apart my guitar room looking for this shit and the spot in my garage where I keep guitar stuff. It's legitimately infuriating as I need the TOM and some other parts to finish up my star build and my tele rebuild.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
My youtube feed. WTF youtube??!!! I am not now or ever previously been interested in Steven Segal yet every other video suggested for the last 3 months has been about him. Literally 30% of my youtube suggestionas are about him for some reason. I don't care about his movies, his SNL appearance, his controversies, his weight gain. I never clicked on a single suggestion, I never clicked on any action movie, B movie or martial arts suggestion so WHY on god's green earth is it so important to youtube that I learn something about Steven fucking Segal. Not interested!!! And if it's because my phone hears me talking about something fat and talentless I am referring to Kerry King, not Steven Segal. Stop already.

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
New cause for outrage: Amazon

NEVER fall for their "replace with same item" SCAM if you get a missing or defective parcel.

Reason: the first item will be marked "return complete" and the second item will be marked as a "$0.00" purchase...and thus UNREFUNDABLE.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Google has gotten IMPOSSIBLE to use these days. They take way too many liberties interpreting your search terms. And more than half the links are just sponsored product links. Fuck, man, I'm just trying to look up error codes.
Error codes for what?

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sad that google and youtube apparently know how crooked my gonk is and that I suck at sex. I never told em.

'Post reply now/ See funky dick pics later'... Sigh, okay I guess.

Somewhere out there is a beautiful person with crooked plumbing waiting for someone with your unique qualifications.

Actually probably more than a few.