nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dumbest freakin' thing, but discovering this tool made me practically giddy yesterday when I was setting up a tracking database at home for some of my hobby shiz:

Made a twenty-plus table DB with all the correct links between tables a snap to set up. Certainly easier than doing it all manually.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
I’m happy because the hangnail I ripped out of my thumb the other day is infected now.
I mean, squeezing out chunky pus from alongside your nailbed is oddly cathartic. But I'm personally not convinced that one painfully satisfying rush in the final stages makes the whole ordeal worthwhile.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
if you don't get it, you don't get it 🤷‍♀️
I get in on multiple levels.

I was born with brutally infected big toenails from being ingrown. So much for the theory that that shit comes from too tight of shoes. Anyroute, I have ongoing issues with the rest of my toes to this day. The doctors removed my big toenails long before I can remember anything about it.

So, many is the time I've gotten to push puss out of my toe nailbeds. The alternative, and just as wild, is a hot water epsom salt soak. That shit'll fuck you up if you do it right. A little snip-snip, put it in the water, and watch the slow, oozing geyser of pus popping up into the water.

God damn our bodies are fuckin' gross.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I get in on multiple levels.

I was born with brutally infected big toenails from being ingrown. So much for the theory that that shit comes from too tight of shoes. Anyroute, I have ongoing issues with the rest of my toes to this day. The doctors removed my big toenails long before I can remember anything about it.

So, many is the time I've gotten to push puss out of my toe nailbeds. The alternative, and just as wild, is a hot water epsom salt soak. That shit'll fuck you up if you do it right. A little snip-snip, put it in the water, and watch the slow, oozing geyser of pus popping up into the water.

God damn our bodies are fuckin' gross.
Dude yeah, I get cronic ingrown toenails and sometimes when I dig it out, pus oozes out, one time actually SPRAYING out like I popped a water balloon. My foot hygiene needs work, tbh. I hate finding out in my 30's how to actually take care of my body.

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
Dude yeah, I get cronic ingrown toenails and sometimes when I dig it out, pus oozes out, one time actually SPRAYING out like I popped a water balloon. My foot hygiene needs work, tbh. I hate finding out in my 30's how to actually take care of my body.
cut the nails straight across to start with. Don't cut anywhere near the nail beds.

I used to get ingrown toe nails all the time and they basically quit being a problem by not cutting near the nail bed and leaving shit alone.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
cut the nails straight across to start with. Don't cut anywhere near the nail beds.

I used to get ingrown toe nails all the time and they basically quit being a problem by not cutting near the nail bed and leaving shit alone.
Can you elaborate a bit more? So I shouldn't be using the curve of the clipper to get under the side of the nail is that what you mean by near the nail beds?

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
Can you elaborate a bit more? So I shouldn't be using the curve of the clipper to get under the side of the nail is that what you mean by near the nail beds?
Exactly that. Do not cut the nail part anywhere near the nail fold (the skin/crevices on the sides of the nail). Only cut the main part of the nail.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's the working theory. Though being born with the problem, and still having it no matter how careful I am with my clip and file routine, yeah, sometimes it just happens. My toenails are the epitome of that meme with the one toenail going to the other toenail, "Which way do I grow?" and then picking the wrong direction.

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
That's the working theory. Though being born with the problem, and still having it no matter how careful I am with my clip and file routine, yeah, sometimes it just happens. My toenails are the epitome of that meme with the one toenail going to the other toenail, "Which way do I grow?" and then picking the wrong direction.
Have you considered surgery?
My dad had the same problem and had zero ingrown nails after surgery.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Well damn, I've been cutting them short and all the way into the folds. Damn.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have you considered surgery?
My dad had the same problem and had zero ingrown nails after surgery.
Like said above, my big toenails were removed completely when I was a baby. I had several surgeries in my teens and twenties, and finally gave up on tossing money at doctors for no reason then hobbling around half-footed for a few weeks after.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wait @nightflameauto do toenails grow back after removal?
Depends on how they remove it.

On my bid toes they took out the part that grows the nail down in the bottom of the bed. Those haven't ever grown back. My smaller toes they'd take out halfs or the whole nails and those always come back. Of course the claim is always that, through careful planning and doctors poking shit at your toes every once in a while they can "guide" the new nail to the correct position. Sorry, six months of knifes on my toes is not my idea of fun. Especially when I get the all clear and it's less than two months before I'm right back to full fuckery.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score

This is the way. I have huge fucking toes so I need the straight nail clippers for the big toe and this helps keep them in check. Haven't had an ingrown toenail in like 10 years since I started this.