p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
THAT'S the type of company Christmas party I enjoy. It's always fun getting up early the next day and seeing who stumbles out of who's room with a vacant horrified look on their face.
Didn't notice any such activity, but the party was pretty good in general. Really good food, we got to see Jarkko Ahola (Finnish metal/rock singer who played various covers ranging from Deep Purple and Queen stuff to pop ballads) live from a vip-lounge with a fridge full of alcohol, after which we went to a bar where everything was also paid for, and to top it off I got to sleep in a really good hotel bed. And the hotel breakfast was also excellent.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's the little things.

My wireless keyboard was taking massive pauses, then picking up by either skipping over every other keystroke, or doubling them. I finally had enough and bought a "gamer" keyboard and mouse. The last thing my brain needs when trying to type fast is lag from keyboard to screen.

They were relatively cheap, as such things go, but what a difference.

Aside from the fact my room now sounds like an old office pool with the clackety clacks (mechanical keyboard, natch), it's stupid fast and nary a snag. I will admit, I don't understand the fascination with lights on keyboards. A mild backlight I can sorta get for non-touch typers, but blindingly bright lights? It even has a mode where it lights up the key you just pressed for a second or two. WTF good is that gonna do? Press the button and move your fingers as fast as you can away so you can see it fade out?

But, fuck it. It's a better keyboard than I've had in the house for years. As much as I wish I could buy myself an ergodox for home like I have at work, I'm not quite to the "three to five hundred bucks on a keyboard" stage with my writing. Someday, maybe, if I ever see break-even.

Yeah, right.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Gamers like RGB, or so we're told by every single peripheral or PC component marketed for gamers.

Want fully customizable RGB LEDs on your stick of RAM? No? Well fuck you, you're gonna want what we tell you to want.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gamers like RGB, or so we're told by every single peripheral or PC component marketed for gamers.

Want fully customizable RGB LEDs on your stick of RAM? No? Well fuck you, you're gonna want what we tell you to want.
Oh, did I mention the mouse has lights too? A big round thing on the bottom of the back of it that's always on, rings around the wheel, and your options are "flash obnoxiously all the time in different colors" or "slow fade between different colors" or "SOLID BRILLIANT BLOOD RED AND FUCK YOUR EYES." I enjoy typing in a dark room sometimes. Flip the screen to dark mode, shut off the lights, turn on my monitor's anti-blue-light night setting, nothing but the little bit of pale gray of the letters to light the room. Now if I set all that up, I'd better no turn on the mouse or it'll be burnt retina soup for me. At least I finally figured out there is a way to "turn off" the keyboard lights. Turn the brightness down until you can't see it. Wish I could figure out how to do that with the mouse.

I'm kinda baffled by it. I'm not a huge gamer, but my main focus when I do game is the screen. I don't want anything else distracting me. How did the LED manufacturers convince the gaming hardware producers to buy-in on this?

Hmm. I seem to have lost the point of the thread. Happy? Hmm. Happy.

I still really like my keyboard. Despite the dumbass waste of power the LEDs on it are.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Company x-mas party tonight. Free food, booze and hotel accomodation 🥳
It isn't even Thanksgiving yet?! My lord! I feel very American right now, but I just realized I don't know if anyone outside my side of the pond even celebrates Thanksgiving...probably not 😅

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My cat is always excited when I come home. Usually it's because he's low on water or it's past dinner time. Sometimes though, I go check on those and he's got plenty and is still just rubbing my leg like "yeah great, snuggle me now." That fuzzy little asshole melts my heart.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
My cat is always excited when I come home. Usually it's because he's low on water or it's past dinner time. Sometimes though, I go check on those and he's got plenty and is still just rubbing my leg like "yeah great, snuggle me now." That fuzzy little asshole melts my heart.
I've got 3 that are the most snuggly cuddly things you'll ever meet, so much that they're constantly in this shape 20221108_211145.jpg
Anywhere you sit in my house, you will be covered in cat love.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I spent all day watching modern classic horror movies on BBC America and cleaning up years of poor file management across two phones, two computers, and two cloud storage accounts that were all intermangled in the most chaotic way.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Bought a new winter jacket today. I have to admit, feels kinda nice to have a jacket that can actually withstand freezing temperatures let alone the fact it doesn't feel like Freddie Mercury's leather jacket from the 70´s so it actually fits me. :lol:

AwakenTheSkies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm getting so much new cool stuff recently! Finally switched to Cubase 12. Got a new bass, a Yamaha TRBX505 and it's such a pleasure to play! For 530€ that it cost me, I'm super impressed with the build compared to my guitars which cost me way more. And I'm also getting a 1440p monitor too!

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Went with my partner to see The Smile play in Detroit last night and they put on a great show. We've heard a few of their songs through Spotify in the last year and on various shows and liked what we heard (can't go wrong with Thom Yorke on vocals). I was blown away by how immensely talented the 3 of them are, and it's likely the only time I'll get to see both Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood play on the same stage without shelling out hundreds of dollars for shitty arena seats. Tom Skinner was an added bonus and actually really impressed both my partner and I with how fantastic a drummer he is. We were in the pit maybe 25 feet away from the stage and it was such a great show.

Latest posts