Why are people so st00pid???

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Adieu, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Browsed some clickbait article about fast and easy ways to add protein to your diet.... the damn thing told people to eat PEANUT BUTTER, cause you could get a whopping 7 grams. Or hardboil eggs.

Lol wtf? You can panfry a ribeye in less time than it takes to cook an egg, and get yourself 120 grams of protein. Or nuke a pound of fish if you're scared of fat or red meat, or want super-lean calories.

Otoh, if you try to get 120 grams of protein from egg or peanut butter meals, expect to stroke out and fucking die sooner than later.

2. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I agree on the peanut butter- it reminds me of the Snickers candy bar commercials that try to sell it as a filling food because it has peanuts in it... which it does, just surrounded by boatloads of sugar.

But, please, do not cook fish in the microwave. No one needs protein that fast.

3. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

Fish in microwave? Now who's the st00pid one. :squint:

mpexus likes this.
  4. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Duuuuude... don't knock it, microwave cooks frozen fish filets to a fairly decent approximation of steaming it

Just stick ~12oz in a dish right out of the freezer, cover it with a plate, and nuke for 7 - 8.5 mins depending on how powerful your unit is

5. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

I don't know what you are talking about but I cook my fish in the microwave. It's hot in here and the oven makes the house unconfy so I take a fresh (I'd never use frozen, it would turn to water) seabream o bass for 12 min. and voilĂ 

6. _MonSTeR_

_MonSTeR_ SS.org Regular

Yeah, I mean who is st00pid enough to click those click bait articles in the first place anyway? Oh, yeah...

7. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

YOU WONT LAST FIVE MINUTES...

SenorDingDong and Adieu like this.
  8. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

Oven cooked fish is terrible. Fried/smoked/flamed/raw, it's all good. :metal:

9. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Nah, typical answer of someone who doesn't cook that well. flamed? putting it in alcohol and setting to fire? Isn't that what you do with desserts?

I like it fried, yes, not so healthy but now and then I make something... but it takes the right technique and not cooking it in butter or that shit oil that goes with fish&chips, but good olive oil.

10. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Admit it, you naysayers have never ever tried to nuke a salmon or cod filet... or screwed up the time if you did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.