Who's Been Drinkin'?

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Damn.

I have tried flavored vodkas several times and I just don't know what to do with them. They don't taste good on their own. I can't figure out a cocktail ti use them in. What do you do? Just shoot them? Mix them with soda?

I just drink it raw and use water as chaser because I'm a pussy. :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Damn.

I have tried flavored vodkas several times and I just don't know what to do with them. They don't taste good on their own. I can't figure out a cocktail ti use them in. What do you do? Just shoot them? Mix them with soda?
Depends on the flavor. Most of the berry flavored ones go nicely on their own (preferably almost frozen right out of the freezer) or just with carbonated water, and the aforementioned chocolate/peppermint I'd maybe mix with iced coffee or cocoa or some other milk based thing.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Went drinking with a couple of friends yesterday. I packed my messenger bag with around 15 beers, and before I got anywhere I noticed it was leaking ... The edge of one can had scraped another and punctured it. Oh well, acquired a plastic bag and put the beers in it, and hung the messenger bag to dry on a park bench.
Today when I woke up, I was 100% sure I forgot the bag there so I drove to pick it up and it wasn't there anymore. Drove back home and immediately saw it hanging on a hook by the door :lol:

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
I've been making ranch water recently. I use a bit of guava and lime instead of just lime.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
Belching Beaver/Coronado Rainbow Sherbet- the vanilla flavor tastes fake and awful at first. Once I let the beer sit for a minute or so it becomes drinkable. Do not recommend.

O'Dell Sippin Pretty- a super boring sour. Not terribly fruity or sour tbh. Much more drinkable than the rainbow sherbet but still not great tbh. It's just boring.

D-Nasty

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
THEY DON'T BE BELIEVIN' ME... I'M HIGH!

20220903-201632.jpg

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
Made some shit I don't know what to call with a splash of raspberry simple syrup (made with raspberries from my garden) , 2 fresh limes (squeezed), a good splash of coconut milk and some tequila. It's a great sipping drink while I grill up some chicken wings. The coconut milk makes the mouthfeel a lot silkier and gives the drink some body instead of it being pure acid
The tequila by itself is pretty mediocre (Cas Agave blanco) but in the mix it's fine. I much preferred the San Matias Legado blanco I was buying before this. It's super mellow and smooth, plus it's pretty reasonably priced for a 1.75L (around 25$).

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Made some shit I don't know what to call with a splash of raspberry simple syrup (made with raspberries from my garden) , 2 fresh limes (squeezed), a good splash of coconut milk and some tequila. It's a great sipping drink while I grill up some chicken wings. The coconut milk makes the mouthfeel a lot silkier and gives the drink some body instead of it being pure acid
The tequila by itself is pretty mediocre (Cas Agave blanco) but in the mix it's fine. I much preferred the San Matias Legado blanco I was buying before this. It's super mellow and smooth, plus it's pretty reasonably priced for a 1.75L (around 25$).
Damn that sounds good.

Similar to coconut milk : oat milk makes a great sub for cream in a white Russian. And it keeps in the fridge way longer.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I learned this week that there are now craft brew NA beers. I picked up a 6 pack of Athletic Brewing's "Lite" which was all they had at the store for Pizza & Beer night tonight. My local bar also has their IPA, Golden, and Cerveza. They're shockingly good, every other NA I have tried tastes like fart water except Heineken 0.0 which actually tastes marginally better than normal Heineken.

I don't drink NAs too often because it feels silly to pay all that money for no alcohol but it's cool to be able to cosplay at the bar and have a "cold one" after work or treat myself to Pizza & "Beer."

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
I read an article a few days ago talking about mixing lactic acid into simple syrups to give it a creamy/dairy mouthfeel so now I'm making a dreamsicle syrup. Prob gonna use it for a twist on a screwdriver like the article recommended, then I'll start venturing out from there lol