When you chip you new guitar..

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I felt pretty bad when I stuck a big gouge in my Martin - I had been paranoid all day when I took it to play somewhere, and managed to come back scratch free - at which point I let my guard down and mashed it into a door frame in my own apartment.

It was inevitable it wasn't going to stay in perfect shape forever, and while it sucks, at least now the bandage has been ripped off so to speak.

Quiet Coil

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Dude - I picked up a Strandberg from Guitar Center with the intent of trying it out for a few days before deciding if I’d ultimately keep it. Not two days into it I pulled it from my rack and managed to bump an edge at just the right angle to chip it. Needless to say I couldn’t return it at that point - good thing I like it! But yeah, had to choke that one down.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a proper ding in my R9 with no recollection of how it happened. Didnt plan to sell it so I dont really care that it did, just want to fill it to prevent any irregular issues.

brector

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had saved up for a Jackson Rhoads V in high school. My guitar teacher wasn't used to it and hit the longer wing and chipped it. I was pretty upset for a day or so, then looked at my first guitar and realized it was going to get beat up eventually if I played it enough

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
yeah, that's going to affect the tone there. did you insure it? total loss. i can find someone to take it off your hands for you cheap. no sense in letting it just clutter the place.