What's the most bone crushing riff?

gunch

Riff Chugman
Reaction score
last 20 seconds = Rob Marton becomes completely unhinged

14 seconds and 43 seconds

this whole damn song

this whole damn song too, 3:57 is when the intro is over though. Also evil pinches

Riffer

WHAT
Reaction score
The riff at 0:24 always gets me. So good.

Also this classic is what got me into Decapitated back in the day.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone mentioned them, but Shadow's Fall had some crunchy as fuck bone crushers.

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone mentioned them, but Shadow's Fall had some crunchy as fuck bone crushers.
The intro riff goes pretty hard:

This album is definitely a bit overshadowed, no pun intended, by the output from their peers of this era and deserves more recognition. It’s not the best or most original thing in the world, but it’s solid as hell from front to back.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The intro riff goes pretty hard:

This album is definitely a bit overshadowed, no pun intended, by the output from their peers of this era and deserves more recognition. It’s not the best or most original thing in the world, but it’s solid as hell from front to back.

I listened to a lot of Shadow's Fall, COB, and Trivium at the time. KSE I didn't really get into until a little later, despite them being one of the bigger/more popular bands. I mostly prefer the Jones era.

I can't remember what song it was in (it was on that album, I believe), but Matt and Jon went over it in Guitar World. They referred to it as a Megadeth style riff, I believe.

4Eyes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just happed to see Metallica live on last minute decision yesterday... and I have to say Sad but true main riff...it's one of "those" riffs with R