What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I have some points that are about to expire from Choptones and they’re running a sale. They also have two new EVM IRs. Time to round out the 12L collection.

Now, I hope someone besides Dr Bonkers busts out a 15L IR set, (the DrB set is one of my go to sets) and then someone does a set of 10Ls.

Mourguitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Im going to try the DiMarzio Fortitude as well...its a little hotter PAF 36th aniv...might sound good in the LP

JP guitar sounds awesome so...

Hey , im loving this years sales

Mike

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought the same DiMarzio PAF Master set and a Wiring Harness with the sale as well

Not to happy with the BurstBuckers i can get them to sound good but i want something that sounds good..so, might as well take advantage of the BF sale and do the swapping out now

BTW my 2016 LP came Plek'd ...man are the frets smooth i just noticed that last night...cool !

Mike
Dimarzio doesn't really advertise their "wiring harness" much. Apparently it is "solderless," whatever that really means.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Im going to try the DiMarzio Fortitude as well...its a little hotter PAF 36th aniv...might sound good in the LP

JP guitar sounds awesome so...

Hey , im loving this years sales

Mike
Played with pickup height and all that jazz first i assume?

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I bought the same DiMarzio PAF Master set and a Wiring Harness with the sale as well

Not to happy with the BurstBuckers i can get them to sound good but i want something that sounds good..so, might as well take advantage of the BF sale and do the swapping out now

BTW my 2016 LP came Plek'd ...man are the frets smooth i just noticed that last night...cool !

Mike
Where'd you find the harness? I don't see it on their site?

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have REALLY been impressed with the recent Fractal FM3 updates lately, so much that I think it actually sounds good through monitors (which has never happened....), so the only thing I have really been thinking about is adding a Studio Sub for for room vibrations.
Well, Black Friday determined that I needed to order a Sub, lol.

rokket2005

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I picked up a Korg nanokontrol 2 cause it'd be nice to have some fader control for mixing, and it's a cheap option. Also got a 1 tb ssd for $50 😲

laxu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought a Strymon Zelzah on BF sale at a local store. I have been trying to find one used with no luck. Now felt the price was right. I've tried it before in a store but 15 minutes is probably not enough time with a pedal like this.

I'm hoping to make it my "does most things I want from modulation" pedal.

This leaves space for one more Strymon/Boss sized pedal and one mini pedal on my Temple Audio Trio 21. Thinking of getting something like a DOD Carcosa fuzz.

Valdra

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Picked up a Peavey XXX from GC used for $350, excited to add it to the Peavey collection. Looked like the previous owner replaced all the tubes because it had Mesa 6L6 tubes and Electro Harmonix 12AX7s. It came very well packed with even the tubes pulled, marked, and wrapped; Guitar Center Used is hit or miss in that regard it seems like.

Does this thing have more gain than like any other Peavey? I settled with the gain on my crunch channel on 1 and my Ultra channel on 2 and it feels like it has more gain than my 6505+ & Rectifier around like 5... Going up higher than like 3 gets really fizzy really quick.

Capture.PNG

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Picked up a Peavey XXX from GC used for $350, excited to add it to the Peavey collection. Looked like the previous owner replaced all the tubes because it had Mesa 6L6 tubes and Electro Harmonix 12AX7s. It came very well packed with even the tubes pulled, marked, and wrapped; Guitar Center Used is hit or miss in that regard it seems like.

Does this thing have more gain than like any other Peavey? I settled with the gain on my crunch channel on 1 and my Ultra channel on 2 and it feels like it has more gain than my 6505+ & Rectifier around like 5... Going up higher than like 3 gets really fizzy really quick.

View attachment 117518

View attachment 117518

It 100% does. I think when I was tracking some thrashier ideas I had the gain on like 2/10 on the crunch channel, and it was plenty.