What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Trying my fuzzrocious secret C with guitar and bass:

:O

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
DiMarzio pickups 25% off BF sale....Sweetwater

Sweetwater has some killer deals this year !

Mike

Of course the one pickup I want is on backorder. :lol:
EDIT: AND they don't even have the 3 other pickups I want period. I'm guessing this is some kinda stealth clearance sell

EDIT2: DiMarzio is doing their own 25% off sale on their site.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Probs gonna pick up some Audio Assault amps while they're on sale cause I could buy like all of them vs one NDSP one :lol:

Suggestions? I'm thinking maybe the Bulldog, Sigma and Crown?

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
Probs gonna pick up some Audio Assault amps while they're on sale cause I could buy like all of them vs one NDSP one :lol:

Suggestions? I'm thinking maybe the Bulldog, Sigma and Crown?
sigma and crown are good. bulldog is meh

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I like Crown the most tbh. The bulldog doesn't nail the feel of a pittbull imo. Sigma is good for super modern stuff.
Interesting! It sounded pretty close when I listened to some demos, but for $5, it doesn't seem like too big a risk. I don't even know of any other Fryette sims, aside from the AxeFX? They have a few other cool ones, but there's a ton of 5150 and Rev sims, so those are our, the Randall Satan one looks interesting, but not sure if I liked it as much in clips as the other two?

Mourguitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Of course the one pickup I want is on backorder. :lol:
EDIT: AND they don't even have the 3 other pickups I want period. I'm guessing this is some kinda stealth clearance sell

EDIT2: DiMarzio is doing their own 25% off sale on their site.
Yea, ...i went out thinking which ones to buy for my San Dimas Charvel that would pair well, sweep the warehouse floor and blew the leaves out of the parking lot and went back up and quite a few were out that i wanted as well ...but they did have my second choice a Cruiser and a Injector

I have some $20 pickups in there now , but it bugs me so they needed to go

Mike

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Things Im picking up Sunday:
R9 with Mike Turk 2022 PAFs
2003 SG Special (see how it does - I think the standard I tried in store is still there)
Acapulco gold
Amber bell knobs for my lp standard

Should be good. May toss the vineham royals in the S2 for gits and shiggles.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
Interesting! It sounded pretty close when I listened to some demos, but for $5, it doesn't seem like too big a risk. I don't even know of any other Fryette sims, aside from the AxeFX? They have a few other cool ones, but there's a ton of 5150 and Rev sims, so those are our, the Randall Satan one looks interesting, but not sure if I liked it as much in clips as the other two?
The bulldog lacks the punch of a real pittbull ime. The low end character in particular just isn't there. I did a comparison vid of it with my 100CL a while back if you're interested:

To be fair, I got the bulldog much closer to the real deal in a follow up video, but it just doesn't nail the feel.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I like the 5050 plugin.
Hmm, I was thinking of that one, but there's so many 5150 sims out there already. I AM curious. I felt the FM3 was lacking something in the mids to make it sound like the real amp.
The bulldog lacks the punch of a real pittbull ime. The low end character in particular just isn't there. I did a comparison vid of it with my 100CL a while back if you're interested:

To be fair, I got the bulldog much closer to the real deal in a follow up video, but it just doesn't nail the feel.

Nice! I think it sounds closer here than what I remember the Fractal model sounding like. Definitely not expecting it to be spot on, but something close-ish would be cool. That 100/CL sounds awesome!

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
Hmm, I was thinking of that one, but there's so many 5150 sims out there already. I AM curious. I felt the FM3 was lacking something in the mids to make it sound like the real amp.

Nice! I think it sounds closer here than what I remember the Fractal model sounding like. Definitely not expecting it to be spot on, but something close-ish would be cool. That 100/CL sounds awesome!
Thanks. I like this 100CL more than the old UL I had. It's got more gain on tap and feels sliiightly more saturated.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Impulse order no. 1:

Fortin Zuul +

I wanted a second modern noise gate so that I can place my other one on the bass board to tighten up our gain tone.

45usd off and fairly cheap overseas shipping meant buying direct has worked out about £100 cheaper than buying from an EU dealer.

I was tempted to grab the tempest as well but I barely use the ensemble of drives I already own...

Next purchase for me will either be a Fabfilter bundle or the soundtoys bundle. I think the FF bundle will be a better investment for my current plugin roster.

Mourguitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got a DiMarzio PAF Master set and a Titan coming.

I bought the same DiMarzio PAF Master set and a Wiring Harness with the sale as well

Not to happy with the BurstBuckers i can get them to sound good but i want something that sounds good..so, might as well take advantage of the BF sale and do the swapping out now

BTW my 2016 LP came Plek'd ...man are the frets smooth i just noticed that last night...cool !

Mike

rokket2005

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had a guitar in my cart for 4 days hoping that this store will do some sort of black friday discount, looking kinda grim at this point.