What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the next thing for me is some kind of little combo that looks pretty enough that my wife will let me keep it in the front room. I'm thinking some kind of Dr. Z 1x10 or maybe 1x12 and hang my tele up there.
Maz 18 and go.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got one of these for free coming my way, it's like a 20 dollar pickup, figured why not. I'll report back. It is advertised as 13-14k, which is typically where I like em. Anyone have any experience with these Amazon pickups?
No experience, curious to hear about it though. What are you putting it in?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
No experience, curious to hear about it though. What are you putting it in?
My baritele, doing an esquire style layout with just a hot rails in the bridge to see if its something I like over a regular humbucker, which I'd have to route for. If it doesn't work out and get me in the ball park, I'll route it.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was on the hunt for an Ibanez S 6 string of some variety, preferably from 90's or an S or RG HSS that's older. That's on the back burner unless something pops up cheap. I've been playing my RG8 more and considering upping my 8 string game.

An S8/QM would be sick but I haven't seen really any pop up recently. Kind of leaning towards an RG8QM or RGA8 since they have double locking systems. Anyone here have any input on the stock electronics in the RG8QM/RGA8? Seems like they get replaced pretty frequently.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My baritele, doing an esquire style layout with just a hot rails in the bridge to see if its something I like over a regular humbucker, which I'd have to route for. If it doesn't work out and get me in the ball park, I'll route it.
I was thinking about a similar idea for a really funky guitar I saw on Reverb. Not a Bari, but a 60's style odd shaped thing that was really inexpensive... The seller had a bunch of them. I'll post if I can find it.

gunch

30 y/o metal zooner
Reaction score
TS circuit
Klone
Compressor
DS-1
Noise gate maybe

Testing “boost a Klone with a ts” theory

Mourguitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice!! Mine doesn't get here till Friday. 😭 How's the BE module?

Just like it does on the JJ100 BE mode...nice Clear Distortion , ya hear every note in a chord... Dave nails that stuff well ! And it was pretty tight on the palm mutes not flabby in the least, but i guess you can turn the sag up if ya want it loose

I A/B"ed the head first, just hooked it up in my rack patchatemate8 loop 1...thats where it's staying, playing in stereo

As much as a love my JMP-1..they BE beats it.... it feels great as well....JMP-1 feels and sounds dated, and well i is

Over all the Fryette P.S and this Syn mod has been my best purchases as of late..great deal and money well spent

Im boosting mine, just like i do every Amp i have...gain at 2-3 o'clock and the Klones i have are the sure winners of all my boosts, its does something to the mids on both channels better

Unboosted it sounds great as well like a modded Marshall , but it sounded better cranked unboosted sustained like a Mother #$%&@...wow

Your going to like it MC

Mike

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Found out Tonerider make a high(er) output pickup with Alnico 8 magnets called the Octane and kinda tempted to try it? Trying to find more impressions.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Just like it does on the JJ100 BE mode...nice Clear Distortion , ya hear every note in a chord... Dave nails that stuff well ! And it was pretty tight on the palm mutes not flabby in the least, but i guess you can turn the sag up if ya want it loose

I A/B"ed the head first, just hooked it up in my rack patchatemate8 loop 1...thats where it's staying, playing in stereo

As much as a love my JMP-1..they BE beats it.... it feels great as well....JMP-1 feels and sounds dated, and well i is

Over all the Fryette P.S and this Syn mod has been my best purchases as of late..great deal and money well spent

Im boosting mine, just like i do every Amp i have...gain at 2-3 o'clock and the Klones i have are the sure winners of all my boosts, its does something to the mids on both channels better

Unboosted it sounds great as well like a modded Marshall , but it sounded better cranked unboosted sustained like a Mother #$%&@...wow

Your going to like it MC

Mike
This sounds awesome! I wasn't sure if the BE would be a keeper for me, but I am lacking some British flavor in my rig, so I had hoped it'd be good. Excited to check it out!

Mourguitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This sounds awesome! I wasn't sure if the BE would be a keeper for me, but I am lacking some British flavor in my rig, so I had hoped it'd be good. Excited to check it out!

Just stopped playing my 2016 LP with burst buckers in it, and on the Blue channel with a boost and the tone rolled off a bit made that guitar shine....i wasn't too happy with those pickups until today

I guess its just finding the right things that come together , those pickups are pretty harsh with some amps

Mike