What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Selkoid

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Desperately craving a tube rig again, they raised my condo rent 30% this year so I need to voice my dissatisfaction.

Multi watt dual rec blacked out?
5153 50w 6l6? (had the v1s, are the concentric potted ones any different?)
Victory VX100?
Friedman BE100??

Sweetwater called me this morning too, send help...

Mourguitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Desperately craving a tube rig again, they raised my condo rent 30% this year so I need to voice my dissatisfaction.

Multi watt dual rec blacked out?
5153 50w 6l6? (had the v1s, are the concentric potted ones any different?)
Victory VX100?
Friedman BE100??

Sweetwater called me this morning too, send help...
Nothing like Fl any more ....im a stranger in my own home town it got so big !

BE100 DLX my choice for ya !

Mike

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Just bought a microwave.

How does that relate to gear you ask? Well because the microwave/hood combo I have decided to fuck up and perhaps nearly start a house fire, the Loomis Soloist I’ve been eyeballing just went bye-bye to next year at least.

Fucking Whirlpool…

NGL, the new microwave is pretty nice.

However, THE FUCKING GARAGE DOOR OPENER WENT TITS UP TOO!!!:wallbash:

The Loomis Soloist is off the table now.

I shall commiserate by buying a nice cable in its stead. Vovox likely.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Just picked up a Port City Wave 2x12 for $250. Definitely didn't need it, but couldn't pass it up for that price. Guy told me it had V30s in it, but I opened it up and it's got Veteran 30... I guess still a V30? Either way, wasn't planning on keeping them, though I AM curious how they compare to my actual V30s now. Planning on eventually loading it with two Fane F70s.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
NGL, the new microwave is pretty nice.

However, THE FUCKING GARAGE DOOR OPENER WENT TITS UP TOO!!!:wallbash:

The Loomis Soloist is off the table now.

I shall commiserate by buying a nice cable in its stead. Vovox likely.

FYI, and you might know this, but garage door openers can be repaired. I've fixed mine twice: once, the shaft that turns the chain sprocket sheared off. Then later on the PC board died. Neither were terribly hard or expensive to replace.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
My fuzzrocious secret C showed up (wow that pedal costs somethin :lol:) and my 9v alesis adapter doesnt fit :ugh:

Mourguitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just picked up a Port City Wave 2x12 for $250. Definitely didn't need it, but couldn't pass it up for that price. Guy told me it had V30s in it, but I opened it up and it's got Veteran 30... I guess still a V30? Either way, wasn't planning on keeping them, though I AM curious how they compare to my actual V30s now. Planning on eventually loading it with two Fane F70s.

I like that Vet30 and its not as brash sounding as a V30

I have it mixed with a T75 in a 2x12 ...sounds awesome and you got a great deal !

Congrats

Mike

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I like that Vet30 and its not as brash sounding as a V30

I have it mixed with a T75 in a 2x12 ...sounds awesome and you got a great deal !

Congrats

Mike
Yeah, I was going to buy it unloaded and put the V30 and G12T-75 I have sitting around in it until I could find a used pair of F70s, so I offered him half his asking price with speakers and he offered me the cab with speakers for only $50 more, so... Here we are :lol:

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
FYI, and you might know this, but garage door openers can be repaired. I've fixed mine twice: once, the shaft that turns the chain sprocket sheared off. Then later on the PC board died. Neither were terribly hard or expensive to replace.

Yeah I’m going to open it up this weekend after the holiday since I don’t have to go anywhere until next week. The opener is 24 or 25 years old and this seems motor related, so I’m not exactly hopeful, but between myself and my two neighbors, if it can be repaired, we’ll get it done.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pickupgrades for my $99 Mitchell mini. No frickin’ idea what. Maybe I need some of the newer passives that are popular now. There have only been about 7,000 new humbuckers come out since I last bought an aftermarket pickup.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Got one of these for free coming my way, it's like a 20 dollar pickup, figured why not. I'll report back. It is advertised as 13-14k, which is typically where I like em. Anyone have any experience with these Amazon pickups?

Attachments

• orca-image-598940245.jpeg
    orca-image-598940245.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 5
  • orca-image--1143166875.jpeg
    orca-image--1143166875.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 6

fookite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the next thing for me is some kind of little combo that looks pretty enough that my wife will let me keep it in the front room. I'm thinking some kind of Dr. Z 1x10 or maybe 1x12 and hang my tele up there.

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
Accidentally ordered an H90 while inquiring about a rack shelf for a SYN-1.

Still have the issue of trying to rack mount the SYN-1. My current idea is getting a 1u shelf with the air vents for ventilation and using the bolts from the feet with washers to mount it to the shelf. I may have to get some standoffs and longer bolts.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Accidentally ordered an H90 while inquiring about a rack shelf for a SYN-1.

Still have the issue of trying to rack mount the SYN-1. My current idea is getting a 1u shelf with the air vents for ventilation and using the bolts from the feet with washers to mount it to the shelf. I may have to get some standoffs and longer bolts.
"Accidentally"