What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Deucetone Rat sounds really killer. Almost as good as the Fat Rat. I felt like the filter on the You Dirty Rat and Turbo Rat I had didn't seem to do much until the last tenth of the dial, yet still wasn't enough. The filter on the Deucetone Rat is very responsive and useful.

Last edited:

sell2792

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Probably an EVH 5153 1x12 combo, unless you guys can convince me to buy a Stealth head instead.

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
Probably an EVH 5153 1x12 combo, unless you guys can convince me to buy a Stealth head instead.
The stealth head is way cooler, has ballsier lows and isn’t a combo, therefore is the better SSO choice. But, if you have no need for a(nother) head, go for the combo! 5153s rule in pretty much every iteration.

sell2792

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The stealth head is way cooler, has ballsier lows and isn’t a combo, therefore is the better SSO choice. But, if you have no need for a(nother) head, go for the combo! 5153s rule in pretty much every iteration.

Initially I started out wanting the Iconic but I think the 5153 is the way to go. Worse case scenario, I can always have the combo modded to Stealth spec’s if I really wanted to.

DestroyMankind

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Deucetone Rat sounds really killer. Almost as good as the Fat Rat. I felt like the filter on the You Dirty Rat and Turbo Rat I had didn't seem to do much until the last tenth of the dial, yet still wasn't enough. The filter on the Deucetone Rat is very responsive and useful.
I'm seeing some fat rats on sale new and quite a few cheap used..I have a rat 2..how's the fat rat compare to it? The fat mode I'd imagine would be cool for my telecaster, not too sure what MOSFET is.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Thinking of putting my Mark IV up for trade and seeing if I can find an Engl Savage. LOVE the Mesa, but the Savage is the one that's always gotten away :lol: Ultimately, I think I plan to eventually either move to a Synergy rig or just invest more in my Fractal setup, but there's a few amps I'd just really like to check out first so I won't always be wondering if I was missing out:

• Engl Savage (1 or 2)
• Diezel Hagan
• Revv Generator 120 Mk3

I'd also kinda like to revisit the Fryette Ultralead and the Diezel VH4/2, but I think I'd be fine with the Synergy setup to try those again 🤷‍♂️

I feel like I SHOULD be completely happy with the FM3. It has them all and sounds phenomenal, but the ever falling value of it scares me. With my track record for switching gear, I'm afraid of investing fully into it and then deciding it's not for me in a few years and losing 75% of what I paid for it because it's several generations behind and no one wants it. Amps don't generally depreciate the same :p

Asphyxia

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just ordered a Swollen Pickle. Hoping it can bridge the gap between HM2 and actual fuzz. Seen Knocked Loose and other bands on this kick.

ATRguitar91

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just ordered a Swollen Pickle. Hoping it can bridge the gap between HM2 and actual fuzz. Seen Knocked Loose and other bands on this kick.
I'd have to check on the actual unit, but if I remember correctly cranking the tone and setting the scoop and crunch all the way off does get you some chainsaw action. Not to the extent of an HM2, but a good sound nonetheless.

With that said, the Swollen Pickle is a killer pedal and super versatile. I'd recommend starting with the internal trim pots. Get them how you like and then tweak further from there.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
It does. I have one and a few hm2 derivatives. The swollen pickle is great for chainsaw tones ime. It's like a tighter better hm2 when dialed in right

catacryptal27

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
im always planning my next purchase :lol:

after picking up a white rg8, im now on the hunt for a decent little amp for it & some pups. also wanting to pick up a mustaine "angel of deth" v too. ive not played one yet but i have his jackson sig model & love it.

what are you saving your cash for? what do you plan on getting in the next few weeks/months? guitars, amps, gear...discuss!
I just made a purchase yesterday: an Ibanez K7 FB.😁

Attachments

• 20220922_193824.jpg
    20220922_193824.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9