What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

sacguy71

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yea I’m getting my pedalboard sorted. Next purchase maybe a custom shop ESP or Mayones. I wouldn’t mind getting a telecaster, Les Paul and semi hollow body to play non metal blues rock country bebop stuff.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
A buddy is gonna sell me his matrix 800 and it fits in my rack (well, it should) so that is sorta quelling amp thoughts :lol: no eta.

lost_horizon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My Guitar collection is complete! Selling everything except 5 (currently have 15) then building my own seven string.

Purpleheart/Osage Orange Neck, would prefer to make it so strong i wouldn't need a truss rod (Vigier Style) but I'll put one in there anyway.
Silky Oak Body
Some kind of figured top. Probably purpleburst. Natural finish on the back.
Semi hollow. Want it to be lightweight and neck through.
Multi Scale. Won't bother doing the frets and just buy a SS fretboard from True Temperament USA.
Apollo Trem.
Gold Hardware.
Haven't decided whether to go headless but I do like the 3 a side 1 in the middle 7 headstock shape.
5 way switch, two pickups. There is a new phantom power pickup booster unit made in Australia, will install one of them and also place some acoustic pickups in the holes to capture the internal noise. I love just putting my ear to a guitar and hearing the massive boom in sound. Not a fan of piezo.

Already have pickups: ToneZone-7, Duncan Custom-7, Suhr Vintage Hot 7 and Titan 7 to choose from. Will try them all then order the correct ones with Gold pole pieces.

Not the best at cutting/measuring but good at assembly and finishing so will play to my strengths.

Basically building a see through finish 7 string semi hollow Mattias El Eklundh made with my choice of hardware. Can't see it costing me more than US$2k. $800 of which will just be the fretboard.

Can't wait.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Another cheap Hanny....so my next purchase after that is more EMGs and a USA Kahler.

Now is the time to start shedding guitars so I'm gonna sell about 20.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Picked up an older LTD Xtone the other day for cheap. It'll be a solid player with some TLC, so my next few purchases are going to be a TUSQ XL nut, truss rod cover, and maybe some new pots for it.

20220917-214549.jpg

I might also swap in a set of String Saver saddles and some different pickups if I decide to keep it long-term :idea:

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
Hell of a deal on that, you got it quick! The ad hasn't even been taken down lol

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tonight im buying a 2nd peavey tealstripe bandit 112 for a measly $50!! (Canadian) will make an awesome stereo rig!

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time before I got one of these..

First test run with the HM2 was lots of fun, experimenting with other setting besides the obligatory "everything on 10" was interesting too!

There is gold and growl found here, more to come:

View attachment 114619

View attachment 114621

Honestly everything on 10 is my least favorite use. It's a killer boost for kicking the piss out of more vintage voiced amps. My current recording tone is fishman Javiers (smooth as fuck), HM2, VH4 (some hair but not a ton of tight gain), tuned to drop F#. I usually keep amp gain a little bit under half and presence lower, decent treble, mids at 8ish, and bass and depth pretty low. You crank the level on the HM2, add a little distortion, zero the bass, and put the treble at around 80%. I actually ended up with those settings since the tone is normally so smooth and dark that in a mix I had the presence and both trebles so all you could hear was a super scratchy pick attack since bass is in unison.

If you screw around with the knobs you can use it like a really aggressive boost and of course do the Knocked Loose thing if you pump the bass. It makes a nice fuzz too, nothing vintage sounding, but it gets filthy really quick for more doom sounds.