What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
... and how about purple in the middle? or purple only?
I'm going to have to take another photo to try those out :lol: I accidentally saved over the original on my phone when editing instead of making a new one.

I will have the option to do any combination with the two colors as I'll have two sets of two in each. I wrote the word two too many times here. :hmmm:

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
kiiind of want to get a triple recto again. or maybe a triple crown 100 idk

Get both. Or better yet, complete the trifecta and get both heads plus a Peavey Triple XXX.

I'm currently so far down the pick rabbit hole that I have no idea if I'll ever surface again. I have a new, large order from BHL on the way with one custom in that group. picks from Zen, Luka/Plastic Plectrums, and Hufschmid coming, and am looking at several others from other makers. That's not counting the new ones I've been experimenting with from Dunlop. D'addario, Gravity, V-Picks, and even Fender. I might need help...

And speaking of addictive gear purchases and time stealing rabbit holes, Choptones seems to be having a month long sale on their Complete IR packs and the sale is pretty good. I'm planning oh nabbing a few of them towards the end of the month. Good news there is beyond the ones I'm looking at now, there are very few other IRs I'm interested in on the market currently. So, unless someone makes a pack of an old Mesa Thiele bass cab with an EVM15L, my IR buying looks to be at an end soon.

KnightBrolaire

meet me in the pit
Reaction score
Get both. Or better yet, complete the trifecta and get both heads plus a Peavey Triple XXX.

I'm currently so far down the pick rabbit hole that I have no idea if I'll ever surface again. I have a new, large order from BHL on the way with one custom in that group. picks from Zen, Luka/Plastic Plectrums, and Hufschmid coming, and am looking at several others from other makers. That's not counting the new ones I've been experimenting with from Dunlop. D'addario, Gravity, V-Picks, and even Fender. I might need help...

And speaking of addictive gear purchases and time stealing rabbit holes, Choptones seems to be having a month long sale on their Complete IR packs and the sale is pretty good. I'm planning oh nabbing a few of them towards the end of the month. Good news there is beyond the ones I'm looking at now, there are very few other IRs I'm interested in on the market currently. So, unless someone makes a pack of an old Mesa Thiele bass cab with an EVM15L, my IR buying looks to be at an end soon.
i already had a XXX. Not my thing tbh. My other amps were better sounding so I sold it.
Choptones IRs suck ime

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I'd definitely go for the TC over the recto. Almost took a triple crown home in like 2019 but decided to go for a mark, but those Triple Crowns are absolutely killer.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Bought some Trick Pro 1V Bigfoot Low Mass pedals this week for $500. The guy also through in the heavier footboards as well as various beaters : Pearl Quads and a couple sets of Tama beaters. There was also a set of Tama Power Strike beaters but the felt was worn down, I think I am going to experiment and replace the felts with wood dowels or rubber or something on them.

He also threw in the conversion to convert them to singles, I think that's how he had them set up hence why the beaters are on either side instead of just the right.

I am going to try them this weekend, I currently use axis long boards with Tama AccuStrike beaters and an upgraded ACD drive shaft (and various other mods) , we'll see if these replace them.
View attachment 107626

That's a great deal! My brother has a pair of the short-board Pro 1V pedals and they're by far my favorite pedals I've ever tried, including various Axis and Iron Cobra models we've owned. Always been curious about the long board versions too, but I'm not playing drums much anymore :(

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
For monstrous brutality the recto will eat the TC for lunch.

For everything else, the TC takes the gold.
Ehhh, it’s so dependent on a boost that I don’t know if I’d say it it would eat the TC for lunch. It’s a pretty flubby bastard with a nice boost. Even my 808 could barely make it useable with a baritone.

Valdra

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's a great deal! My brother has a pair of the short-board Pro 1V pedals and they're by far my favorite pedals I've ever tried, including various Axis and Iron Cobra models we've owned. Always been curious about the long board versions too, but I'm not playing drums much anymore :(
I also have the Tama Speed Cobra 910s, they were my first pedals. Great pedals! I really like the beaters on them so I keep moving them between pedals when I buy new ones. The things I don't like about them is the chain drive and the heel plates. I play heel-toe and I can play heel-toe on them, but it's much easier on pedals that do not have the heel plates because they react quicker. I also had the Iron Cobra 600 after.

I got a chance to play the tricks today and it's going to take some time to get used to. I set them up like my Axis pedals as far as heights and beater distances and such. They are SOOO much easier to adjust than the axis pedals, I had the beaters in unison in like 60 seconds where the axis pedals and the speed cobras took me like 15 mins or so. When doing fast heel-toe I am missing some kicks here and there with the Tricks but that will just take some time.

sevenfoxes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ehhh, it’s so dependent on a boost that I don’t know if I’d say it it would eat the TC for lunch. It’s a pretty flubby bastard with a nice boost. Even my 808 could barely make it useable with a baritone.
Maybe if you don’t know how to dial it in right, or if you’re using the regular 3 channel recto, but the multi watt triple barely even needs a boost (if at all).

Not only that, an amp’s tightness has nothing to do with how “brutal” it is. That’s more in the gain structure, and the TC’s is a rather refined sound compared to the recto.

Not to mention that the triple rec has a lot more low end and headroom than the TC, which makes it feel and sound MUCH bigger.

Last edited:

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I just bought one of those glow in the dark pinstripe Alexis. It's probably not a keeper, but I've lusted after that guitar for like 10 years so might as well figure it out lol

Two whole ESP purchases without buying a Horizon; have you been to the doctor recently?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Two whole ESP purchases without buying a Horizon; have you been to the doctor recently?

Don't blame me if all the ones that pop up have the cockstock.

But yea, actually I'm already feeling like this was maybe a mistake. Much more expensive than old lawsuit Horizons. At the same time, I get excited everytime one pops up, so ...