What is this new Polyphia song?

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
I saw this on Guitar World and was excited until I heard the song.

Would love to know where Tim Henson gets his clothes/learned to dress like that.
Instgram #streetwear and start following models and companies, the algorithm will soon feed you more than you can handle :lol: Word of warning it tends to swing from very expensive niche brands (what Tim wears) to aliexpress imports of really bad quality

feilong29

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
While I hate most pop songs of the past 10 years, I kind of dig this prog-hop-pop song. It's a change for sure--something to clean the palette for a moment. Don't stone meh!

Edit: Since she is part-Japanese and using some of the language, could be a ploy to cater more to the far-eastern crowd/market.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Not sure about this particular tune, but I am a fan of their newer stuff. Very percussive and syncopated. But I never really learned how to do that thumb thumping, so now I’m gonna have to woodshed that if I ever want to play this sort of stuff.

tian

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So.... new album?

Even as a fan of the band this one feels really flat and lifeless. None of the urgency or swagger of New Levels New Devils. I think ABC ended up being of the better tracks off the whole thing.

And I really don't mind the guest vocalists and artists but if they're going to keep doing that I hope they move past the various TikTok-tier rappers and vocalists. I'm sure it's crazy popular and good for streaming name recognition but the actual performances are largely... oof.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Love the album, been listening to it all day and I can't even pick my favorite track yet. ABC actually feels like the worst song on the record if you had to ask me to rank it against the rest of the album.

Scott has so many leads all over the record, and arguably some of the best they've ever had across their discography.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Love the album, been listening to it all day and I can't even pick my favorite track yet. ABC actually feels like the worst song on the record if you had to ask me to rank it against the rest of the album.

Scott has so many leads all over the record, and arguably some of the best they've ever had across their discography.
What did you think of "Bloodbath"? Scott's solo in it is amazing, 8 string tone that's not absolute clanky djent nightmare, and Chino's vocals, I want an entire album of that song.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
What did you think of "Bloodbath"? Scott's solo in it is amazing, 8 string tone that's not absolute clanky djent nightmare, and Chino's vocals, I want an entire album of that song.

Replayed it and the track several times haha, Scott has amazing note choice and it suits the vibe of the section really well.

Anectine_Matt

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Still digesting the album as a whole but Chimera has ended up getting a lot of plays from me, I'd honestly love a whole album in the style of that and Playing God, that "nylon strings over beats" sound really REALLY does it for me.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
the vocals have completely overshadowed polyphia's talent lmao

ZeroS1gnol

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The over processed drum sound sound horrible to me. Devoid of any expressive quality. Damn shame, because I think it would've sounded great if it didn't sound so artificial and programmed. New levels also had processed drums, but still sounded like someone playing on a kit.

The songs with vocals, they are in a style of music that I generally dislike... Everytime I hear those auto tuned lines I die a little inside lol. Probably one of the worst excesses in modern music imo. So yeah, skip. The Chino song is kinda good though.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
the vocals have completely overshadowed polyphia's talent lmao

To me it kinda makes sense. If you want to make some trap beats with guitars then might as well have some vocals in there. But then on the other hand, I never asked for any trap beats...

I personally don't know how to feel about it, though. I hate trap/rap/whatever but the guitars kinda make it more bearable.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some people just want a slayer, release the same album over and over. Tim looks like he gets bored of his own acrobatics pretty quickly and is always trying to keep songwriting interesting for himself. I dig it because it means there’s always something a little out of left field coming if you wait long enough, lol.

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really like a couple of tracks off this, possibly more than their other stuff but not sure if this is as strong an album as a whole.

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not digging any of this but I'm glad guitar playing like this has some serious reach beyond the genre. I didn't enjoy them live overall but I will readily admit that Tim and Scott were some of the best players I've ever seen in person, period. I just like good guitar players.

Now if Stephen Taranto would put something out this century...