What game are you playing?

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I never played Dead Space, despite playing through 2 and 3. I think I have it on Steam, but now that they're remaking it I'll probably just wait for that to come out.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I never played Dead Space, despite playing through 2 and 3. I think I have it on Steam, but now that they're remaking it I'll probably just wait for that to come out.

If you want a pile of junk that EA heavily has their hand in, go ahead. The animations and such that they've shown look pretty trash and break the immersion where even the 2008 version, though somewhat dated still looks and feels more fluid than what they've shown.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Picked up some of the Shantae games on switch because they were on sale. Really fun/cool platformer. Well it’s new to me anyways.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you want a pile of junk that EA heavily has their hand in, go ahead. The animations and such that they've shown look pretty trash and break the immersion where even the 2008 version, though somewhat dated still looks and feels more fluid than what they've shown.
Hmm. I'll wait and see probably. The second one was published by EA and was great, though I know EA also famously turned the 3rd into crafting/microtransaction festival and everyone hates it (besides me), so I'm guessing the popular narrative is EA was hands-off the second one. I'd have to get some decent speakers or something for my desktop to play on PC, it's currently running out of a crappy little set of stereo speakers plugged straight into the motherboard since my external focusrite sound thing died :(

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
The first one is a classic. It's basically a way better RE4 in space imo.
For real. Unlike RE4, which I still have a huge soft spot for, OG Deadspace still has tense moments and makes you feel claustrophobic. Which is kinda what a survival horror game should be trying to do.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Oh man, I tried fighting Midir again today and I got so goddamned annoyingly close! His bar was down to 1/4 and I had 5-6 estus left, and since I'd been hitting him in the head all the time I would've gotten the critical attack soon. But then I failed to dodge his eating attack... Fuuuuuuuck!!!

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh man, I tried fighting Midir again today and I got so goddamned annoyingly close! His bar was down to 1/4 and I had 5-6 estus left, and since I'd been hitting him in the head all the time I would've gotten the critical attack soon. But then I failed to dodge his eating attack... Fuuuuuuuck!!!
Yeah that's part of why I hate that fight. You can be doing great for ten minutes and then just get 1 shot. Happens all the time with his 1-shot laser enrage thing at low health. :/ At least in elden ring the fights tend to be over in about 2 minutes one way or the other.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Yeah that's part of why I hate that fight. You can be doing great for ten minutes and then just get 1 shot. Happens all the time with his 1-shot laser enrage thing at low health. :/ At least in elden ring the fights tend to be over in about 2 minutes one way or the other.
Yeah, the laser is the worst kind of bullshit... I've died to that so many times I don't even want to count, but I never fail to dodge that eating attack... Except now.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
For real. Unlike RE4, which I still have a huge soft spot for, OG Deadspace still has tense moments and makes you feel claustrophobic. Which is kinda what a survival horror game should be trying to do.
I love both games but Dead Space is a better game in every way imo. The shooting feels so much more substantial, and the game has atmosphere for days. It has amazing creature designs and the whole Event Horizon/Thing vibes tickle me pink as those are two of my all time favorite horror films. Plus the UI/ holo map designs are still untouchable. I can't believe more games haven't copied the idea of the holo map.

Man now I want a remake of Extermination from PS2. It was basically the Thing but with Syphon Filter.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
Not only that, but they're doing a retro style shooter in the vein of Doom called Boltgun and they're also doing a CRPG called Rogue Trader. Sounds too good to be true for that much good stuff to come out, but if it does great, definitely buying them. But for what it's worth, it's not orks they're focusing on in Space Marine 2, it's the Tyranids.

The Selaco demo finally came out, which is an original came made in the GZDoom engine, and they've done a pretty good job so far at making it so enemies aren't just target practice and rather attempt to flank you and strategize.

Replaying Dead Space to get ready for The Callisto Protocol, and I'm more than likely picking up TMNT: Shredder's Revenge tomorrow when it officially gets unlocked on the Xbox store.
Boltgun looks fun. I don't particularly care about Rogue Trader or most CRPGs since I'm still working through the latest Baldur's gate.
Calisto Protocol looks awesome, I'm very excited for it, especially since it's got some of the original Dead Space team working on it.

Werecow

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've just been replaying the entire Metro series. Had been looking forward to playing Exodus with RTX (for the first time). But the black levels are so screwy, that i hated it and playing the standard version instead. I basically had a choice between the deepest shadows being a washed out grey, or with a supposed fix, the lighting and shadows being too dark. Pretty dissappointing, but the standard version still looks stunning.

I'll have to replay Dead Space 1 & 2 for the umpteenth next with all this talk. Shame they never made a 3rd 😉

The Callisto Protocol is at the top of my wishlist. Really hyped for that after the gameplay reveal.

Last edited:

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Grabbed TMNT Shredder's Revenge on Steam. Definitely worth it while its on sale for 22 bucks (ends July 7th i think).
If you're a fan of the OG series and games, you'll love this one. Not much replay value, i beat the story mode then immediately beat the arcade mode to see if there were any unlockables for beating both lol.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That sounds fun but I can't justify 25 bucks for it if it's TMNT IV length. I'm all over it as soon as it goes on sale for PS though.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I played shredders revenge with 5 friends and it's some of the most fun I've had in gaming in a long time. took us maybe 2-3 hours to beat the game, but well worth the $20 for me

Also it's free if you have gamepass

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Beat my first play through of Triangle Strategy. My god that is a slow game. Sit down some nights with 45 mins to spare and the desire to reach some sort of minor victory, and wind up doing nothing by dialogue and voting on what to do next.

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Playing Mortal Kombat 9 on the PS3. I haven't played a fighting game since MK II on the Sega Genesis, but it's been fun so far.

I may try X and 11 in the future.
If you can, try XL over X, its got all the extra DLC. 11 is pretty, but i preferred X over 11 by a mile. It was way more fun IMO. And 9 was great also 👍