What game are you playing?

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
The new Kojima game looks awesome though. Forza looks interesting for the first time in a while, new Sea of Thieves content is always welcome, and finally news of Silksong.

All in all, a pretty good Direct imo.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
The biggest red flag BY FAR was their boast about “over 1000 explorable planets!”
that don't at least feel as satisfying as the tombs/dungeons in Skyrim?
IMO even Skyrim was very hit-or-miss with it's random content filling the world. When it worked it worked well, but it felt like a lot of filler to me, as a person who only played Skyrim years after it originally came out (and therefor the novelty of the scale of the game had long worn off). The bigger a game is, the more you have to lean on proc-gen and filler, which can go sideways very easily. I mean, you see the same thing with face animations - when there's just way too much dialogue to animate you end up with Mass Effect Andromeda faces.

It looked more like something from the studio that brought us Fallout 76 than the studio that brought us Skyrim.
Given how long ago Skyrim came out, this is probably more accurate than not.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The new Kojima game looks awesome though.
What do you mean it looks awesome? I thought they hadn't revealed ANYTHING about it. Except that it can be played in first and third person and has a girl in a hallway.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
I'm excited for Darktide. Scratch that 40k and L4D itch at the same time. Also Space Marine 2. yayayayayayayyaya can't wait to slice greenskins in half again

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else upgrade their PS Plus? Only cost me 35 bucks since I have 230 days left on my current subscription, plus I had money in my PS Store wallet. I'll tell ya what, there's a lot of games I'm downloading that I normally don't feel like paying for otherwise.

Also, boy was it a trip playing Jumping Flash! for the first time in damn near 30 years.

Anyway, other than that, officially 80 hours into my quest to Platinum Cyberpunk 2077. Mostly just need to get the rest of the endings and clear out a few more gigs.

Oh, also, fucking XBOX gets Persona 3 and 4?! Fuckers..... Yes, I have a Series X, but my point stands.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone else upgrade their PS Plus? Only cost me 35 bucks since I have 230 days left on my current subscription, plus I had money in my PS Store wallet. I'll tell ya what, there's a lot of games I'm downloading that I normally don't feel like paying for otherwise.

Also, boy was it a trip playing Jumping Flash! for the first time in damn near 30 years.

Anyway, other than that, officially 80 hours into my quest to Platinum Cyberpunk 2077. Mostly just need to get the rest of the endings and clear out a few more gigs.

Oh, also, fucking XBOX gets Persona 3 and 4?! Fuckers..... Yes, I have a Series X, but my point stands.
They announced that stuff was coming to playstation also. I was mad temporarily too till I looked up the press release from this morning!

The only thing that has me wanting to upgrade ps+ is returnal, but if I liked it I’d probably want it for long enough that it would be worth buying it and cancelling the subscription. I think I own everything else I’d ever play on the service.

Edit: yep, looked through the list. There’s like fifteen games I own but haven’t played yet like yonder cloud chronicles and ys ix that would have saved me money, but returnal is seriously the only thing on the list I don’t have that I want to play. Maybe I’d download shibuya scramble and a harvest moon game and play them for an hour.

Last edited:

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve been debating about the upgrade to PSN. May do it this summer if work slows down a bit.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I mentioned, the upgrade was cheaper for me now since I already have an active PS Plus account. 35 extra bucks for the last 230 days of my current subscription doesn't seem bad. I'm seeing plenty here that I wouldn't otherwise pay to play.

Also @wankerness as soon as I saw Ys games in there, you came to mind. And then I downloaded them.

And yes, I saw that P3P, P4G, and P5R are all getting PS5 ports and FUCK YES!!!!.... Except why P3P? I feel like FES is the way to go.
Now can we get Revelations, Innocent Sin, and Eternal Punishment, or am I pushing it there?

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Huh. 35 dollars for 230 days would be worth it to me. How did you take advantage of that? I have had regular ps+ for years, not sure how much time is remaining on it. It's been a while since I added a year.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ew, I figured it out. My yearly subscription ran out in 30 days, so I could get 1 month for 5 bucks, but then I'd be paying the full extra 60 bucks for one year. Definitely not worth it until there's more than 60 bucks worth of games I would download. Guess I should have loaded another year of PS+ onto my account before yesterday.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I finished Halo 2.

Some random thoughts because it's how I do:

- It's an improvement over CE in a bunch of ways.
- Visuals are a big step up.
- The dual-wielding is fun at first, but I don't like how it prevents you from throwing grenades or picking up your second weapon.
- I did a lot of "oh hey I want that gun", chuck down the left-hand gun, switch gun, pick up the one I want, switch back, pick the dual wield back up.
- The played with the old visuals, but occasionally switched to the new ones.... the old ones still hold up, and sometimes it's hard to tell them apart. The update wasn't always better, just slightly different.
- The audio though..... either I have some setting wrong (centre channel?), or the vocal mix reaaaally needs some work. Half the time I can't hear any of the dialogue, and the subtitles don't apply to a lot of in-game stuff.
- The anniversary cutscenes are really slick.
- They fixed the vehicles! Thank jebus!
- The final "boss fight" was disappointingly trivial. Like it went down easier than some of the normal enemies, and I was very confused.
- I didn't know going in that half the game was playing as the arbiter. I dig it.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I finished Halo 2.

Some random thoughts because it's how I do:

- It's an improvement over CE in a bunch of ways.
- Visuals are a big step up.
- The dual-wielding is fun at first, but I don't like how it prevents you from throwing grenades or picking up your second weapon.
- I did a lot of "oh hey I want that gun", chuck down the left-hand gun, switch gun, pick up the one I want, switch back, pick the dual wield back up.
- The played with the old visuals, but occasionally switched to the new ones.... the old ones still hold up, and sometimes it's hard to tell them apart. The update wasn't always better, just slightly different.
- The audio though..... either I have some setting wrong (centre channel?), or the vocal mix reaaaally needs some work. Half the time I can't hear any of the dialogue, and the subtitles don't apply to a lot of in-game stuff.
- The anniversary cutscenes are really slick.
- They fixed the vehicles! Thank jebus!
- The final "boss fight" was disappointingly trivial. Like it went down easier than some of the normal enemies, and I was very confused.
- I didn't know going in that half the game was playing as the arbiter. I dig it.
Yeah, that's sounds like Halo 2 :lol:

The sound is very messed up it's not just you. The visuals are much better in Halo 2, and the anniversary edition was a much better update to those graphics than CE's compete overhaul, so the bits in 2 that were simple, well done and dark aren't really improved much. Other bits are a massive improvement.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Yesterday I beat the twin princes' and today I beat king of the storm/the nameless king and soul of cinder.

So, the base game is officially completely through and there's both of the dlc left... Soon I'm going to have to install Elden Ring on my ps4, so it will be ready when I complete the dlc's.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Yesterday I beat the twin princes' and today I beat king of the storm/the nameless king and soul of cinder.

So, the base game is officially completely through and there's both of the dlc left... Soon I'm going to have to install Elden Ring on my ps4, so it will be ready when I complete the dlc's.

I'm still stuck on the second DLC because I wanna beat Midir fair and square before proceeding :lol: I've got the strategy down but I just need a shitload of patience (and a bit of luck I guess).

Anyway, now I'm playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition, just beat ME1. I'm mainly playing for the story, so I skipped most of the side stuff.
I was too quick to uninstall it though before starting ME2 - I didn't realize I need to manually save my game to be able to import the character into the next game, so now I'm waiting for it to reinstall so I can just start it once, save, and then uninstall it again :lol: I had one save that I could've used, but it was halfway into the game, so I didn't want to import that in case some of the choices and stuff made some difference. I have a vague recollection that they actually didn't, but I don't remember whether I imported or started from scratch 10+ years ago when I played ME2...

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm excited for Darktide. Scratch that 40k and L4D itch at the same time. Also Space Marine 2. yayayayayayayyaya can't wait to slice greenskins in half again

Not only that, but they're doing a retro style shooter in the vein of Doom called Boltgun and they're also doing a CRPG called Rogue Trader. Sounds too good to be true for that much good stuff to come out, but if it does great, definitely buying them. But for what it's worth, it's not orks they're focusing on in Space Marine 2, it's the Tyranids.

The Selaco demo finally came out, which is an original came made in the GZDoom engine, and they've done a pretty good job so far at making it so enemies aren't just target practice and rather attempt to flank you and strategize.

Replaying Dead Space to get ready for The Callisto Protocol, and I'm more than likely picking up TMNT: Shredder's Revenge tomorrow when it officially gets unlocked on the Xbox store.