What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

I just started playing hitman (the newest one)... I also bought rdr2 from a sale for my wife. She loved the first one and from what i've seen thus far she seems to enjoy the second one as well. And holy shit does it look incredibly beautiful even on regular ps4. There is an insane amount of details everywhere... Maybe I will start playing it someday.

Rosal76 likes this.
  2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

What'd they do, just the exact same thing as the 360 port? IE, same resolution as the original with a huge border around it? I don't know how the graphics worked on that game, like if they drew them at the resolution they appeared in game, or if they had original art that was then scaled down for the game, but if it was the latter I wish we'd see that with a full-fledged port.

But, I know all of Konami's effort is going towards fucking Pachinko machines. Worst dev out there now.

3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Just started playing the PVE portion of Fortnite.

The base defense/super colorful graphics are addictive. But man there are SO many mechanics under the hood.

Worth the $20 on sale though for sure. Now trying to get a buddy to pick it up.

4. will_shred

will_shred Wannabe audio engineer

Dark Souls 3 because I hate myself

Mathemagician likes this.
  5. Mathemagician

DS3 is fantastic but imo it’s the easiest one yet. Your character is fast by default and you’re likely coming in with prior Dark Souls experience.

6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire unofficial sso pickup tester

Agreed, it's def easier than DS2 or Bloodborne. Those 2 made me rip my hair out in spots (for different reasons though).

7. Mathemagician

DS2 gets hate from the “video games are life” crowd, but PvP in that game was so well balanced especially summon stone arenas on the tower bridge.

I only wish I’d played it while lightning bolts and mundane were still viable. And Majula is serene yet had so much evil just under the surface.

I need to pick up the DS1 remaster though. Never did finish the game.

8. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

If you love the PVP in Dark Souls 2, I'd stay away from Remastered because they fucked the PVP up terribly in it with weapon levels. I understand it was to prevent twinking, but merely picking up certain weapons, whether you plan on using them or not (even on accident) puts you into a new weapon class which ended up alienating a lot of the fanbase. PVP is basically dead on Dark Souls I because of this. For PVE it's great, go ahead, just don't expect anything more than that. Even the co-op has been affected due to this.

Mathemagician likes this.
  9. KnightBrolaire

I had more design/enemy placement issues with DS2 than anything. That game out of the whole series really ramped up the artificial difficulty in the OG iteration with its bullshit enemy spawns and some bosses being stupidly hard to fight due to bullshit mechanics. DS1, DS3 and Bloodborne were much more along the lines of "so long as you pay attention and don't potato, you'll survive", while DS2 was more like "oh here let me put 15 enemies next to this bonfire that's right next to a ledge and all of them do knockback attacks"

PunkBillCarson likes this.
  10. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

The original DS2 was decent. What decency that DS2 had, they completely stripped away with SOTFS. Again, if you're not invested in the Souls/Borne series, the difference DS2 won't necessarily affect you, but what has to be understood is that DS1, III, and BB were amazing due to attention to detail.

11. KnightBrolaire

DS2 was artificially hard, all the others were pretty fair about their difficulty. If you died in DS1,DS3 or Bloodborne, it's because you suck at kiting/dodging/blocking/etc 99% of the time. It usually came down to user error. I know GIT GUD is/was a meme, but the games did force you to improve, just like old school games like ghosts and goblins. Or if you'll indulge my ridiculous theory of how the dark souls series ties into buddhist concepts:
    In order to reach nirvana (ie beat the game) one must realize that death is a cycle which can only be broken by shedding the shackles of ignorance (ie not sucking at the game and understanding the mechanics/enemies).

PunkBillCarson likes this.
  12. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

still plugging away on hollow Knight. made allot of progress since my 2nd wind and re install .Still not completely sure what I am doing .I just kinda wander aorund and looking for doors/holes I missed and fight any bosses I come across which seems to give me more powers and new doors/holes to go through.

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  13. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

^Have you done any Grimm Troupe stuff yet?

14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I started a playthrough of the original Dragon Warrior.... maaaaaaaaan is that game ever grindy.

Bloody_Inferno likes this.
  15. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Somewhat that. I believe there's a way to change the resolution and the background border and some other filter that makes the games look worse.

More or less a lazy bundle from Konami to cash in with the Netflix series. Extremely stingy on the extras dept (no image or audio galleries or anything), but there's a trophy system, which while nice, I've never really cared for. Just a bare bones compilation of the Richter saga. At the same time, that is exactly what this bundle has going for it, both excellent games among the best in the Castlevania catalog. And a good first time introduction to a proper port of Rondo Of Blood for those who didn't own an PC Engine/Turbo Graphix or PSP or resorted to dodgy ROMing or played that awful watered down SNES version.

The Symphony port is supposedly based on the Dracula X Chronicles, so you get to play Maria like the Dreamcast version. Not sure if they fixed the Richter sprite though. You also get the new dub so anyone expecting the "What is a man but a miserable pile of secrets" won't find it here. That's already been misused in Lords Of Shadow 2 as a tacky catchphrase, delivered sincerely by Robert Carlyle no less. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

don't think so .

17. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

^I recommend doing that sooner than later. It's a semi fetch-quest, but you get a semi-useful charm, a charm notch, and an opportunity to make your breakable charms unbreakable- all shit that you're going to want. Oh, and two awesome boss fights.

18. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I want to play the Saturn version, even though I heard the new areas sucked, so that’s good, but man, throwing out the original dub?? Total garbage. Reminds me of the Silent Hill HD debacle. I had to acquire the PC ports of the originals for that one.

19. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Awesome!!! Huge Hitman fan here but I won't be able to get it here in the U.S. until the 9th. What are you're initial thoughts of the game? Any cool things you've seen so far?

20. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

I meant the first season. I didn't know the second one was out anywhere. Sorry :D