What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I started with 0, maybe got to chapter 5 or 6. I have Kiwami sitting on my shelf. Then 6 game out and sucked me in. Us I have Kiwami 2 on preorder. And finally, before even all of that, I have 4 and 5 on PS3 from when they were free at various times on PS Plus. Somehow I feel those ports of 3 - 5 come out outside of Japan, since they're just remasters and not remakes like the Kiwami games.

2. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I started with 0, maybe got to chapter 5 or 6. I have Kiwami sitting on my shelf. Then 6 came out and sucked me in (and I splurged on the fancy edition with the whisky stones and glasses and such). I have Kiwami 2 on preorder. And finally, before even all of that, I have 4 and 5 on PS3 from when they were free at various times on PS Plus. Somehow I feel those ports of 3 - 5 come out outside of Japan, since they're just remasters and not remakes like the Kiwami games.

wankerness likes this.
  3. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

about 8 hours into octopath traveler now. just unlocking the characters and doing their story intros. got 6 of 8 done. its good. pretty easy so far but guessing its gonna ramp up pretty quick once i start all the 2nd chapters

4. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I just jumped into 6 because I saw enough material around online saying you'll still get plenty out of it if you've played through 0/1, and there's no way I was waiting a month for 2 and another year (they haven't even announced them for the US yet) for 3/4/5 before touching it. It mostly focuses on Kiryu's relationship to Haruka, so whatever, I get who she is from 1, and I know Date (one of the other main characters), and I think the villain plots in these things tend to reset every game besides.

I got reallllly annoyed by the quest to find the baby milk where you have to pause and lift/shake him every minute. Here's hoping that doesn't continue all game! The framerate downgrade from 0/1 is jarring as well. I kind of prefer the graphics in those - you had the featureless character models most of the time, but whenever anything with facial expressions was important, it would switch to much nicer ones. This one kind of splits the difference and stays consistent.

The score sure is a radical change from 0/1, it's all lush and Ghibli-esque. I like it, but I am going to miss the awesome metal guitar from 0 that would kick in during subquests to signify something going wrong. That made me laugh every time.

5. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

Got back into Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I got it for free through Xbox Live several years ago. It's a fun time, despite the Xbox 360 version looking like ass, the roleplaying mechanics being half baked at best, the voice acting being mediocre, and the boss fights being terrible. The atmosphere in that game is top notch though, and I'm a sucker for anything cyberpunk.

6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Is this the "directors cut" version? There are some improvements to the boss fights in that version. I don't think I've played much of the non-directors version, so I don't have a reference point for how much is changed though.

7. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

unlocked all the characters in octopath now . a bit torn who to persist with in my 4 for the next chunk .I started with Olberic so that's a given . I put allot of time in Alfyn as i got him early but Ophelia has a pretty good healing game so that makes him less valuable

I don't like Cyrus the character much but having the 3 elemental spells covers allot of ground

8. groverj3

Nope, vanilla. Ironically, I have the Director's Cut version on my computer but I was already ~10 hours into the 360 version when I got it (came with Mankind Divided, on sale).

9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Skip Cyrus and instead give Tessa the scholar secondary job. Gives you Cyrus's spells plus Wind, plus bow and spear with a P.Atk worth using. Only miss out on the weakness thing Cyrus has.

I started with Tessa and most of the time use Ophilia, Olberic and whoever the chapter calls for. Then do a run through the dungeon with Therion and a lower encounter rate to grab the purple chests.

Between chapters I'm taking the three lowest levels, and in towns Olberic, Alfyn and Therion for their path actions.

10. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Fun fact - I was mostly curious 'cause my name is in the credits for the directors cut version. :lol:

synrgy likes this.
  11. groverj3

Nice!

12. groverj3

I actually think I'm going to check out No Man's Sky's new update tonight. I haven't fired it up in about a year and a half. I enjoyed it well enough for a little while after release, but it didn't hold my attention. Though I didn't hate it like so many did.

13. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Every time I hear about No Mans Sky, the conversation is more positive than before. It *sounds* like the game has improved considerably, but I never played it at all so..... would be interesting to come across a proper "now that some time has passed" review.

14. groverj3

I could share my thoughts after I spend a couple hours with it.

The thing about this game is that with as much stuff as they've added it's hard to review. It depends a lot on what you want to do with the game. I probably wouldn't bother with base building or managing the frigates because that sounds like a huge time suck and I don't have the time for games I used to. However, if the space combat is improved, there's some narrative direction, the chance to interact with friends online, and more interesting planets, then it'll be a good time. When I played a good 20 hours on it during the 6 months or so after it came out I mostly just flew around checking out new planets and that was entertaining enough, for a while anyway.

15. The906

The906 Contributor

upload_2018-7-24_17-43-19.png

That does look like its been improving.

16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

cool . I haven't opened any of the secondary jobs yet . seem like it changes allot . realized i have neglected too many characters . have a strong olbeirc , alfyn and hannit .cryus is kinda mid level , the rest are way under powered for anything serious . my one annoyance is I cant lose my starting character , olberic, for a while to just level up the others

17. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Yeah, I started with Tressa and she's level 37 now, whereas everyone else is under 30. Olberic's a useful character, but I don't think he's the one I'd wanna be stuck with.

18. groverj3

I played it a good bit last night. Started a new game. The crafting system is definitely more complex than at launch, and you're required to build a base to progress. Which was annoying because none of the planets in the system I started in were very good, but that's the luck of the draw I suspect. I founded a base on a "hot moon." Also, visitable moons, that's neat. Inventory management is infinitely better now, much more space. I still doubt I'll bother with base building except when I need to. The system I started in definitely has more varied terrain and more critters than at launch. There's a good amount of interesting fauna on each planet and moon. I'd explore there more if I could stand outside without dying after 10 minutes.

It seems like a good update so far, but I can't even leave the system yet so it'll be a bit before I can really tell.

19. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

For now, Assassin's Creed: Origins, but next Tuesday, I'll be playing Chasm and probably streaming it as well. Been waiting a long ass time for it.

20. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

yeah . If I could choose again I would choose olberic to start . but 14 hours in I just got to live with it now .Unlocked a few of the secondary jobs yesterday .Tessa with the scholar is a good combo for sure . I also like opehila with dancer

StevenC likes this.