US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Holy sh.....

Anyone heard or read about the Cassidy Hutchinson testimony about Jan 6?

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but the Independent is reporting that she testified the Trump wrestled with a secret service agent trying to take the wheel of the presidential limo to go to the Capitol, and that several congresspeople were involved in a plot to get themselves pardons for being a part of the plot to attack the Capitol (Gaetz, MTG, and a bunch of others).

If that's really her testimony, brace yourselves for hearing all about how horrible of a person she is from Trump's supporters.
I watched the whole thing. Pretty amazing stuff including the revelation that Trump said Pence deserved to be hanged and that he yelled at the secret service because they wouldn't remove the magnetometers so people with weapons could enter. "They're not here to hurt ME!" he yelled

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if there's any proof of any of this or if there's anyone else who was there and can potentially testify whether or not any of these things happened. I would imagine that this stuff basically means that there needs to be criminal charges brought against those congresspeople as well as Trump.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, here's to hoping there's some sort of verification of that testimony and we finally, FINALLY see something done about the nut-job wing of the GOP. Frankly, our whole country is getting way too comfortable with shit that should net someone a stay in a psyche ward, not a god damned public office.

Sadly, being batshit crazy is seen by a significant portion of voters as a selling point. I don't even think people like MTG buy their own lines. They're probably still half as crazy as they appear, but play it up to get more attention.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sadly, being batshit crazy is seen by a significant portion of voters as a selling point. I don't even think people like MTG buy their own lines. They're probably still half as crazy as they appear, but play it up to get more attention.
I would certainly hope that's the case. If MTG buys everything she says she really should be locked up. Frankly, I'm surprised they let her get by with her implied threats and such. Hell, sometimes it's outright threats.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The thing about people like MTG is it doesn't matter what she believes. Her existence normalizes crazier and crazier shit in public discourse. Just like Alex Jones, she's either on some deep state cointel social engineering payroll or she's doing great work for free.

I promise you in ten years we'll all be waxing nostaglic for the times of Jewish Space Lasers.

bushboard.jpg

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Holy sh.....

Anyone heard or read about the Cassidy Hutchinson testimony about Jan 6?

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but the Independent is reporting that she testified the Trump wrestled with a secret service agent trying to take the wheel of the presidential limo to go to the Capitol, and that several congresspeople were involved in a plot to get themselves pardons for being a part of the plot to attack the Capitol (Gaetz, MTG, and a bunch of others).

If that's really her testimony, brace yourselves for hearing all about how horrible of a person she is from Trump's supporters.
Trump already came out and said it was all fabricated and false. J6 is all a show, like russia-gate, the impeachment and all the other clown shows trying to derail the goat.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Reaction score

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I know it’s not your fault you didn’t know that I just ate but you had to realize it was entirely possible when you said some thing that forced me to picture Ted Cruz having sex

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Reaction score
I know it’s not your fault you didn’t know that I just ate but you had to realize it was entirely possible when you said some thing that forced me to picture Ted Cruz having sex
It could be worse. I could have forced you to picture that while Boebert was getting railed by Cruz, he was also taking it in the keister from Trump at the same time.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
It could be worse. I could have forced you to picture that while Boebert was getting railed by Cruz, he was also taking it in the keister from Trump at the same time.
Isn't that the default way to imagine Ted Cruz?

Trump already came out and said it was all fabricated and false. J6 is all a show, like russia-gate, the impeachment and all the other clown shows trying to derail the goat.
Yeah, he says everything is all lies before anyone even says anything.

The Russia investigation resulted in tons of arrest warants, and a few convictions (so far). The impeachment resulted in nothing, though.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Isn't that the default way to imagine Ted Cruz?

Yeah, he says everything is all lies before anyone even says anything.

The Russia investigation resulted in tons of arrest warants, and a few convictions (so far). The impeachment resulted in nothing, though.
Except impeachment. Goat if your metric is number of times impeached.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Except impeachment. Goat if your metric is number of times impeached.
I guess impeachment is no big deal?

I mean, I always thought it was a serious measure not to be taken lightly, and meant to safeguard the country from someone unfit for office.

I guess in reality, it's more like a strongly worded warning from a toothless HR department.

Carrion Rocket

Taiwan is a Country
Reaction score

I guess in reality, it's more like a strongly worded warning from a toothless HR department.
Pretty much. No impeachment of a US president has ever resulted in their removal from office.

On a federal level, only eight officials have every actually been convicted and removed from office, all of them federal judges of district courts.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I mean, I always thought it was a serious measure not to be taken lightly, and meant to safeguard the country from someone unfit for office.

Nah. A strongly worded warning from HR would merit a moment's notice. An impeachment is just more proof that "The Other Guys" actually *ARE* out to get you. The only concern you should show if you are impeached, is mock outrage over daring to have someone question your sainthood, bro.

You know that.
"Of course I do, sir."
Everybody knows that.
"OF COURSE WE DO, SIR!" *GRABS BALLS*

Sorry, the classics seem to be slipping out of me today. Probably my brain's natural reaction to the news of the last twenty-four hours and coming to grips with the fact that it'll just be more fodder for the water cooler, while Trump continues to play golf and live in the place he swore he wouldn't make a home.