Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by icos211, Feb 10, 2015.

1. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

Alkaloid has been super consistent, even with Christian constantly dealing with his Focal Dystonia.

By the way, that would be a dope band name too.

2. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Which Allegaeon albums? I have the latest two and I dont hear much neoclassical at all

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

Proponent for Sentience and Elements of the Infinite have tons of classical bits in them. Apoptosis has some as well, but it's not as front and center as the previous albums. Also it's still classical riffage even if it's not all diminished/phrygian/harmonic minor bullshit like yngwie/necro/the faceless

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  4. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Now that I think about it....I suppose it doesnt have to be baroque to sound neoclassical technically.....but it kinda does. I dont know of any that fall under the neoclassical umbrealla that isnt based on baroque elements.

5. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I don't know their music, but according to Wikipedia they've had 17 members in their band over the years. It's like a corporation that just keeps getting different members. Maybe one day they will change their business model and start writing Disney pop and eating vegan diet instead of people diet.

I firmly also believe that the corporate monsters of music will still be around long from now. There will be the 40th iteration of the Rolling Stones and Beatles and bands like that in the year 3000, and when people say "I like old school Beatles more" they will be talking about iteration 27 of the year 2112, but the virtual hologram version, not the human or droid versions. When a music historian asks what they think of John Lennon and Paul McCartney, they will say "Who the fuck is Paul McCartney?" . The music historian will think they know about John Lennon, but really they just misunderstood them and thought they said John Legend, who will be alive still due to technology and inter-dimensional time anomaly manipulation, and he will be topping the charts, and now newly evolved, will be writing/ripping off cover tunes of old school Necrophagist songs, but which iteration of Necrophagist? I need to go eat some lunch. : )

6. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

I dont mind abalone binding

7. Obsidian Soul

Obsidian Soul SS.org Regular

I've recently discovered Rivers of Nihil,and I've been listening to a lot of Monarchy and Where the Owls Know My Name.A lot of their stuff sounds like something I would write,so I guess it hits home.

8. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I don't either, but that mixed with the spalted maple and natural woods just looks horrible.

9. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Im trying to talk myself into buying this green LTD h-1001 that has the binding so dont you dare talk me out of it.

Actually I dont like spalted maple. Maybe its because of the high gloss I always see it with.

10. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

oh wait, concealed is Augury's tech death opera album. Illusive Golden Age is just tasty ass tech death

11. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Now there is a clean-cut old fashioned unpopular opinion.

Doesn’t bait. Doesn’t accuse. Doesn’t offend. Just simply unpopular.

Well done.

10/10

tedtan and vilk like this.
  12. Spaced Out Ace

The H-1001 is a solid guitar. I have one in black with that binding and EMG 85/60A setup. Get it.

13. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

I just noticed it has 3x3 headstock. I will be tuning it to drop B with a .054 or .056 and hope its not too dark sounding. What do you have yours tuned to?

14. Spaced Out Ace

Currently, Eb. I've had my H1001 and H500 tuned to D standard, drop C, and drop B before. They didn't seem too dark to me because of the 25.5" scale length, which is brighter (by quite a bit) over 24.75". My suggestion, though, is to get a wound third. Otherwise, the string will never sound in tune when playing chords. That and graphite in the nut do wonders.

15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Aren't the H series Ash as well?

I know Swamp Ash can be dark (like the Loomis models), but I thought Ash tends to also lean towards the brighter side of the spectrum, so that with 25.5 scale would probably keep it from being overly dark even in B.

16. Spaced Out Ace

Mine are mahogany, but they are about ten years old. Dunno if they've changed the body wood since then, but I think the tone wood thing is far too black and white. I think the tonewood debate takes out of the equation things like scale length, construction (probably not the best word to use, but basically the thickness of the neck/body, headstock shape/size, etc.), and other things.

17. SenorDingDong

Maybe not unpopular but definitely seldom considered: Mark Hamill would make an amazing blackened death metal vocalist.

XPT707FX, Leviathus and Mathemagician like this.
  18. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

A definite out there opinion on this forum...I remember before there was rock and roll.

My dad was very strict about old school country is the only music worth listening to. Little Richard and Chuck Berry completely blew my mind. Forget about your regular 90s shit like Death and Pantera.

c7spheres likes this.
  19. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

Mark Hamill as the Jocker fronting a glam metal band to destroy Batman thru his hate of Rock&Roll.

20. SenorDingDong

Everything bagels are superior.

Mathemagician likes this.