Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by icos211, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Jason B

Jason B Unbanned

[​IMG]

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately.

2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I think I get what the article is going for, and there's interesting talking points in there, but I don't see any fair comparisons being made. It's a comparison of a handful of tech companies to anything and everything they could find an excuse to slap the worth "faith" on. Even if it was a single clear-cut industry, it would still be an industry vs a couple of companies, which is not close to a fair comparison. What would be more interesting is if they did the same thing with "science". How much is "science" worth? You basically would need to include all technology, all media, all education, etc. cause they're all attached to science in some way. How much do you figure that's worth compared to faith?

That being said, the cover photo from that article, with all the people packed in a stadium- something about that image kind of terrifies me in a way.

The internet is not "American" though, so I don't know what you mean by this. :lol:

I used to say this, but as time goes on I'm not sure I'm 100% on board with that idea. Generally speaking, I don't care what people do or say or think, as long as it doesn't negatively affect anyone else - but at the end of the day I think it's disingenuous to just say beliefs don't, or can't, hurt anyone (or otherwise impact people around you).

3. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

I've been there several times back when the Houston Rockets played basketball there (before they moved to their current stadium) and I've seen several concerts there as well (Metallica, Queensryche, Van Halen, etc.). It used to be called the Summit, then Compaq Center. It was a ~17,000 seat arena that is now a ~17,000 seat church. How does that even begin to make sense?

4. lurè

lurè Can't buy skill so I buy gear

Bragging on social media about knowing every sociological/mathemathical/deep meaning aspects of every Tool song is the new "my dick Is bigger then yours".

XPT707FX and MetalHex like this.
  5. The906

The906 Contributor

Holy shit a Bizarre clip. We used to get that on the CBC across the big lake from Thunder Bay. ya...

BlackSG91 likes this.
  6. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

I watched that show a lot when I was young.:)

;>)/

7. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

In America, or at least where i live, big vehicles are seen as big, fun, toys. Lots of people lie to themselves as to why they need them. Reality is probably 8 out 10 of them never tow anything or have more than 3 people in it at a time ever.

I don’t understand the mentality of the REALLY big shit like F250s, 350s, Rams, etc... unless you actually use it for work. Even an F150 is overkill unless you routinely use it to tow big stuff or use it as a work truck.

I would be lying if i said i don’t want a Tacoma though. It’s fun and convenient to have a truck bed

Hollowway likes this.
  8. vilk

vilk Very Regular

The only reason I would want a pick up truck is to put one of those hard caps on it and set it up like a little bedroom and sleep in it when I'm too drunk to drive

9. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Same with here. And don't get me started on expensive off road vehicles. Are you really going to go off roading in your Range Rover? Or are you just going to go get groceries and get your nails done?

Possibly the most annoying thing is having a jacked up F150 gun it at the light, and try to beat me in my little subaru. Pickups are not race cars, and that high pitched noise is your engine trying to tell you that. Pickup trucks for people who never haul anything are compensation for a small penis. Raised pickups? A really small penis. Gunning the engine to take off fast from a light in a raised pickup? Micro penis.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  10. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

That's genius! I'd be down with that. Like a Japanese capsule hotel

XPT707FX and vilk like this.
  11. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

I don't know if this is even unpopular (and I sure hope it isn't) but I was watching the news couple of hours ago and they talked about some abortion laws in the US and some grandma said that even if a woman gets raped she should still keep the child. Like wtf, I'm not a feminist, far from it, but the last thing this planet needs is unwanted/unloved children.

XPT707FX likes this.
  12. _MonSTeR_

_MonSTeR_ SS.org Regular

Ironically though, when the Range Rover was conceived it was literally for rich people to go off-roading with. The idea was you could drive around your huge country estate or go on safari in Africa with one. Queen Elizabeth has done exactly that. I think that she even still drives around her estate on them to this day! And if it's good enough for Her Majesty the Queen...

But yeah, you're right, most people who have them are more likely to go to the grocery store in them.

Hollowway likes this.
  13. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau I am the liquor

Bass boosts in breakdowns and slam riffs are completely unnecessary and don't make them any more br00tal or crushing.

14. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Some people want to be safer driving around in a larger vehicle. If someone T-bones you at 45mph while your in a Hyundai Accent, you're getting seriously hurt or maybe dead, and it's all at the cost of your "saving the planet".

15. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

I used to have one of those Mazda Ford Rangers. It seemed like every time I needed a truck bed for anything, it would either barely fit or wouldn't fit and I'd still have to borrow a truck, and forget about putting a tool box in it.

And maybe it's just me, but it seems like the new Tacomas and S10s are as big as the Tundra and Silverado used to be.

Hollowway likes this.
  16. The906

The906 Contributor

I think the new Rangers and Canyon's are about what the Dakota used to be. Which was labeled "mid-size" back in the Day.

17. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

The new Rangers are just about the same size as the 10th generation (late 90's/early 00's) F150. The Colorado/Canyon has beefed up similarly.

Mid-size trucks have gotten huge.

18. The906

The906 Contributor

Lol the Models with the Taurus front end. Yeah those were smaller.

19. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

For real.

[​IMG]

20. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

;>)/

Hollowway and Spaced Out Ace like this.