TOMB MOLD

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by MAJ Meadows SF, Jun 15, 2019.

1. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window

https://listen.20buckspin.com/album/planetary-clairvoyance

https://www.20buckspin.com/collections/planetary-clairvoyance

Planetary Clairvoyance, their third full length, will be out 19 July 2019. These guys are outstanding and have gained quite a following in the underground. 20 Buck Spin picked them up for the release of Manor of Infinite Forms last summer. There's a smattering of EPs on Bandcamp, and you can preorder right off there or the 20 Buck Spin webpage. Several color variants of vinyl sold out almost immediately; I barely got in there! Never fear, they ordered more slimy looking vinyl. From the obligatory presser:

"Recklessly devouring the world into a vortex of alternate dimensional planes with ‘Manor Of Infinite Forms’, Tomb Mold has crashed through boundaries with the impact of an ocean sized asteroid. Somewhere between outer space, inner space and the unseen dark matter in between all space they’ve devised an alchemical formula both crushingly oppressive and rapidly expanding outward in every direction.

Waking from stasis for the third time in three years, new record ‘Planetary Clairvoyance’ is the sum total of knowledge gained and aeons absorbed, concentrated into a single massive tome of arcane wisdom and implausible physics. Like the album’s cover art, it exists in a domain of alien anatomical abnormality, malign flora and cold void desolation, warping and deforming the familiar into unknown obscurity.

Tracked in Canada and then mixed and mastered by Arthur Rizk once again, the amalgamation of the huge sound of ‘Manor Of Infinite Forms’ and the gritty particle chaos of ‘Primordial Malignity’ come into boundless unity on ‘Planetary Clairvoyance’. With the explosive weight of a collapsing black hole Tomb Mold accelerate unhinged toward infinite resurrection."

2. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

Manor of Infinite Forms was amazing. Have high expectations for the new album.

This is the other single they released a month ago;

Sidenote, if you like this type of death metal, just buy basically everything their label (20 Buck Spin) releases.

This is a really nice live video of them.

fps and MAJ Meadows SF like this.
  3. MAJ Meadows SF

I freaking love bands with drummers doing the vocals. I remember seeing Mastodon play Crack the Skye live and Bran blew my mind doing that. Spectral Voice is another one that has a killer drummer, Eli Wendler, who has awesome vocal range and suits that phenomenal band perfectly. When I found out they were filled with mixed members from Blood Incantation, Abysmal Dimensions, and Stillborn Fawn, I didn't know what to expect. It was one of the best records of 2017.

Tomb Mold have become one of my all time favorites by far. I cannot wait for this release!

4. TheGreatSchmidt

TheGreatSchmidt Just this guy, you know?

MAJ Meadows SF likes this.
  5. Kwert

Kwert SS.org Regular

Great band, keeping old school death metal alive with some new flavour

6. Mwoit

Mwoit SS.org Regular

Nice, looking forward to it.

7. MAJ Meadows SF

GAWD F'ING DAMNIT! I live nearby there. But I'm across the globe right now. FACK! Holy shit and Khemmis is playing the very next night? This sucks donkey balls. Might have to get my brother to go; the touring vinyl alone is worth the $13 admission. That's gonna be a killer show with Superstition too!

I've actually never been to the Maywood. I've only been to several downtown venues, and The Ritz. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled when I return.

TheGreatSchmidt likes this.
  8. TheGreatSchmidt

TheGreatSchmidt Just this guy, you know?

Hope the travels are going well! Definitely worth keeping an eye on the Maywood, along with anything else Primitive Ways (https://www.facebook.com/PWRRNC/) or Devil's Trumpet (https://www.facebook.com/devilstrumpetbooking/) are doing around here.

On the 20 Buck Spin note, Ulthar was in Raleigh last night at the Lincoln Theatre opening a touring package deal, didn't realize how crazy early the show started though so I missed them :(

The Tomb Mold show should be sick though, looking forward to it!

9. MAJ Meadows SF

Ulthar??? AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I miss everything. I saw Protest the Hero the first week I moved there in 2014, at Lincoln Theater, and then had to drive to Greensboro, Charlotte, Virginia Beach, and Knoxville (Summer Slaughter) to see any good shows the rest of the year. Unbelievable. There's been a few at Tap Room, some in Durham, but back in the day not many. Glad to know 20 Buck Spin artists are making the rounds. They are too good not to be seen live. I'm hoping more of the Dark Descent artists travel a bit, and maybe, hopefully Vitriol...

There's a couple of EP tracks that made it on this Tomb Mold record, and continuation of themes. Definitely super freaking stoked for this.

TheGreatSchmidt likes this.
  10. gunshow86de

Another new track! :hbang:

11. MAJ Meadows SF

10 more days! This one was on the “Cerulean Salvation” EP, the title track of which is also on here. Both absolutely kick ass tracks.

12. gunshow86de

Yup, can't wait for my preorder. Got the cyan/purple vinyl, and gonna look so handsome in this bad boy right here...
    [​IMG]
    And since I live in Texas, I'll be able to actually wear a long sleeve in about 5 months (if I'm lucky).:lol:

13. MAJ Meadows SF

Ditto on both, and I'm having the shirt shipped overseas to where I'm deployed despite 100-teen-plus temps. It drops 30 degrees at night, and I've definitely thrown a hoodie on. I read on IG they are running behind on the shirts because of the volume pre-ordered, so there might be a little wait. I definitely want to grab a CD too, and hell, maybe another color variant from what's left or see if something pops on up eBay.

I've been at Ft Hood twice between November and March, and it was COLD AS FUCK especially in February. The wind never stops! I saw snow in El Paso once too. A long sleeve is definitely of choice seasonal attire.