Thoughts on using golf club luggage as a guitar flight case

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I'm thinking about flying with my basses, 2 at a time in high quality padded gig bags in something like this -

I would bubble wrap the instrument within the gigbag - something like a Mono or Gator Icon. Then bubble wrap the gigbags until they cannot move around within the case.

Was curious on your guys thoughts on the viability of this, or do you think it would be a foolish?

I pre-ordered a Quantum Industries case last year but they constantly pushing their lead times back citing supply chain issues. I'm now at a point where I would rather just wait for my Quantum Industries rather than buy the Enki, but I am needing to flying relatively soon. So this was the cheapest way I could think of.

guitar_player4_2_0

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That would probably work, but seems like overkill to me. Unless I was flying internationally with a bunch of stops I’d just grab one of these or something similar.

Depending on how long you’re going to be at your destination, you could also ship it to yourself.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
So I will be flying internationally with lots of stops. But even domestically, I wouldn't dare checking in a gig bag...

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
As long as you take it as hand luggage, then you will be OK.

On two occasions, I have wrapped a guitar in bubble wrap in a gig bag and put the guitar on a plane. Just use the little blanket they give you to cover it up when they tell you to put things in the overhead compartment.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
To clarify, I need to travel (frequently) with 2 (long scale) basses (internationally). Securely and cheaply until my Quantum Industries multicase (hopefully one day) arrives.

Carry on is just not possible in my situation.