The Les Paul thread

Darkscience

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here is my #1 LP with the rest of family freshly hung on the wall today. Never knew how much better this is then dragging out cases. I got another LP not shown here, but I decided to sell it because it does not get any play time.
PXL_20221123_234519406_2.jpg

Here is the family.
PXL_20221123_234439135_2.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Mine are on a rack behind my “desk chair”. Cases and bags get stored.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How are you liking this? I’m considering picking up a goldtop to keep tuned to Drop B.

It's in standard but I am really liking it. Literally the only flaw on it is a little glue residue at the corner of the neck joint under the clear, but it plays and sounds fantastic. I have had some really terrible luck with Gibsons so was really glad to get this and like it as much as I do.

Actually my last 2 have both been keepers.

RevelGTR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's in standard but I am really liking it. Literally the only flaw on it is a little glue residue at the corner of the neck joint under the clear, but it plays and sounds fantastic. I have had some really terrible luck with Gibsons so was really glad to get this and like it as much as I do.

Actually my last 2 have both been keepers.
Mine has glue in the exact same spot! Plus a couple of other tiny flaws, nothing that bothers me though. The guitar just plays, sounds and looks so great.

Mourguitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
20220527_123020.jpg

I got these a few months back from a guy that just got out of the Navy...they were very well played but a little TLC im getting them looking good...This one has a nice Top but a lot of pic scratch marks that i think will buff out

2016 Standard with that out of phase wiring mod...Frets were Plek'd

20220527_122800.jpg

This 1999-2000 LP Classic is so sweet ! Very well played and has some aging on the parts but the weight and that neck is awesome...i love the 500 T in the bridge also how the inlays have yellowed some more

They are players...ment to be played . I got a package deal with the Friedman JJ100 and Friedman 2x12 cab....One of the best CL deals ive found..got them all for what the head costs new ...im fixing them up this month

Mike

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2016 Standard with that out of phase wiring mod...Frets were Plek'd

All Gibsons are plek'ed and have been for quite a few years IIRC

Mine has glue in the exact same spot! Plus a couple of other tiny flaws, nothing that bothers me though. The guitar just plays, sounds and looks so great.

Yeah this the last standard I tried played pretty well but it was back when they still had the asymmetrical neck profile and I didn't get along with that at all plus I didn't like the pickups and the paint had a lot of issues. This one is fantastic by comparison.