The Les Paul thread

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I didnt know they are doing a standard 50’s faded again, anyone try one?

@dmlinger is that 3 lpc’s since i started this thread?

My mike turk pafs for the R9 arrive today. Taking it to my buddy on the weekend for the swap and maybe getting the new knobs on the standard.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
4 :hbang: (edit: yes, 3 customs, 1 "standard")

Mod Shop LPC Ebony
1987 LPC Ebony
Bill Kelliher Halcyon Goldburst
2008 Custom Shop LPC Silverburst

They are all different which is part of the charm. I never knew what I was missing. I want to try another Gibson model and am leaning towards the Explorer.

Last edited:

belleswell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Les Paul Axcess #1

Les Paul Axcess #2

Les Paul

More Paul

Agile Semi-Custom - Les Paul Axcess #2
Front

Back

Nip Slip

Axcess and Agiles

belleswell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ignore the prior post and the postage stamp size pics.

I don't know why this site does not allow imgur pics
as that is where I have all of my pics. All of the sister sites
allow imgur pics, but not here for some reason.
Much more work to post here because of this.

Les Paul Axcess #1

Les Paul Axcess #2

Les Paul

More Paul

Nip Slip

Agile and Axcess

Front

Back

Les Paul Axcess and Agiles

Last edited:

belleswell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man thoses Agiles are sweet. How do they compare to the Gibson?

Thanks. They are great guitars, especially for the cost. I love the Semi Custom AL xxxx. It has something that the Axcess guitars do not have, and that is 24 frets. I have all of the bases covered in my 3 dozen guitar collection,
including many pricey ones. Pointy guitars, twangers, jazz boxes and boat anchors alike.

When I got my first Agile (an AL 3200 ) with no Floyd, I was hooked. I have 7 Agiles including an Intercepter Pro 6 string for the pointy guitar enthusiasts.

I call it Flameboy

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ignore the prior post and the postage stamp size pics.

I don't know why this site does not allow imgur pics
as that is where I have all of my pics. All of the sister sites
allow imgur pics, but not here for some reason.
Much more work to post here because of this.

Complain to imgur, it's not the site it's them blocking the site. It is supposedly because the site has a classifieds section, which makes no sense.

belleswell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Complain to imgur, it's not the site it's them blocking the site. It is supposedly because the site has a classifieds section, which makes no sense.

Your right. That does not make sense as all of the sister sites have classified sections as well.

The first set of postage stamp sized pics was done at ibb.co and it was after I found all the pics I wanted to post in my folders, that I uploaded them. Once I posted and found out that all the pics were the size of stamps, I got frustrated and moved to postimages.org where
I uploaded them again to get the ones that are regularly sized. I just have to remember to upload to postimages.org for future postings.

With imgur, I still have over 3500 pics there, but finding them there amongst 58 pages of pics is still easier than trying to find them
amongst 10s of thousands of them in my different pic folders. My pics are sorted by month, not topic, so it took some searching.
This is mainly why I don't contribute as much as I could here. I hate uploading here or anywhere if the end result is a pic the
size of a stamp that has to be clicked on to view.

So my take away is that it's not this forums fault, it's imgur. Sorry about the "complaining" as I'm sure it's a sore spot as I know I'm
probably not the only one to make this observation. My 2cents

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your right. That does not make sense as all of the sister sites have classified sections as well.

The first set of postage stamp sized pics was done at ibb.co and it was after I found all the pics I wanted to post in my folders, that I uploaded them. Once I posted and found out that all the pics were the size of stamps, I got frustrated and moved to postimages.org where
I uploaded them again to get the ones that are regularly sized. I just have to remember to upload to postimages.org for future postings.

With imgur, I still have over 3500 pics there, but finding them there amongst 58 pages of pics is still easier than trying to find them
amongst 10s of thousands of them in my different pic folders. My pics are sorted by month, not topic, so it took some searching.
This is mainly why I don't contribute as much as I could here. I hate uploading here or anywhere if the end result is a pic the
size of a stamp that has to be clicked on to view.

So my take away is that it's not this forums fault, it's imgur. Sorry about the "complaining" as I'm sure it's a sore spot as I know I'm
probably not the only one to make this observation. My 2cents

All good... there used to actually be a sticky thread that explained the issue, but our forum owner in is infinite wisdom removed 99% of the stickies from the forum :lol:

RevelGTR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didnt know they are doing a standard 50’s faded again, anyone try one?

My mike turk pafs for the R9 arrive today. Taking it to my buddy on the weekend for the swap and maybe getting the new knobs on the standard.
I tried one at GC recently, played and sounded great! It was nice and light too, I’d guess sub 8 lbs. Personally for an LP I like the gloss lacquer and I even like a little bit of weight so I’m sticking with my 60’s standard, but the faded was tempting.

Estilo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@belleswell Your LPs are fyre and this is the LP thread but damn that 70s V. First electric I had eyes for when I was 14 and still haven't scratched that off the bucket list. Especially a 70s V in white.

LCW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anyone switched to 50s wiring? Did you like it better?

Ironically the Standard 50s don’t have 50s wiring lol. But looking at diagrams it’s a somewhat easy switch for anyone handy with a soldering iron.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone switched to 50s wiring? Did you like it better?

Ironically the Standard 50s don’t have 50s wiring lol. But looking at diagrams it’s a somewhat easy switch for anyone handy with a soldering iron.
Do you use your volume knobs on this guitar? If you leave everything on 10 theres no point.

LCW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you use your volume knobs on this guitar? If you leave everything on 10 theres no point.
I do and also the tone… the downside of the 50s wiring and be read is that rolling back tone will change the volume. I’ll just leave it as modern wiring.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Oh fuck yeah man, oh fuck yeah. Just fuuuuuck yeah.
I love it! I put some Mojotone 44 Magnums in it and it rips!

They are a really interesting pickup. They used 44 awg wire and they have something like 22kohm resistance in the bridge pickup. They are high output, but nothing crazy like the specs make them seem. He is Legend is one of, if not my favorite band, and their guitarist uses these pickups. They rock