lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Im guna have to wade in here. Just bought my first Ironheart 120 watt head today.

Got it in a CRAZY bargain price so cant wait for it to arrive now. Dude has only had it new since the start of this week...played it for 2 hours then was forced to sell due to his mum and needing cash urgently!!. Arriving still with packaging/box etc. and I saved £250 off the new price

Kullerbytta

Newborn
Reaction score
Sweet deal, Lewis! They're dirt cheap as it is and getting them 250 quid cheaper sure is a sick deal!

I do feel sorry for the kid that had to sell it after a week :lol: in the middle o' the honeymoon, man. That's harsh.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sweet deal, Lewis! They're dirt cheap as it is and getting them 250 quid cheaper sure is a sick deal!

I do feel sorry for the kid that had to sell it after a week :lol: in the middle o' the honeymoon, man. That's harsh.

yeah man its crazy really...... the guy does also have a beauty ENGL head ontop of an Orange 4x12 with V30's so at least he still has a crazy setup haha. But I would be gutted too. The matching cab that came with it he also bought new etc he is selling for £50 :O haha I bought mine for £195 new so :nuts:

TeeWX

All The Br00tz
Reaction score
After listening to Killswitch Engage's Disarm the Descent I'm pretty interested in these. The price is also ridiculous.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does anyone have info regards to the effects loop on these things.

Ive just realised there is no Effects loop on/off control on the footswitch :squint: :nuts: :nono: :mad: :wallbash:

what un earth is the point in that really? So really im guna be forced into buying an all in one effects unit like the Boss ME25 or prob the dearer but awesome Line 6 pod HD pro rack

anyone have any more info on this?

Stephen

Collibus
Reaction score
To be fair, since when did all amps have effects loop switching? A few do but the majority don't...

I only use Delay in my effects loop. At the moment I use my TC Electronic Flashback delay on my pedal board. I just switch the pedal on and off.

It will eventually be going in a rack setup as I've been meaning to do for a while now. May as well make use of the RJM RG-16 I've had for over a year now sat doing nothing.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To be fair, since when did all amps have effects loop switching? A few do but the majority don't...

I only use Delay in my effects loop. At the moment I use my TC Electronic Flashback delay on my pedal board. I just switch the pedal on and off.

It will eventually be going in a rack setup as I've been meaning to do for a while now. May as well make use of the RJM RG-16 I've had for over a year now sat doing nothing.

That was my point...why dont they?. Its such a better inclusion on a footswitch than just simply "reverb" which I could have on my loop anyway.

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
Just picked up the Ironheart IRT Studio, Love it!

Perfect for what I need, Yet to use it at live volume as I'm not in a band but for recording & bedroom use its been fantastic so far!!

Kullerbytta

Newborn
Reaction score
Here is a video I did of it just dry while testing a guitar I just bought that day but using a GS412PA with Vintage 30's instead. Rare I play 6 strings though!

Wow, that's a real yummy tone! Do you remember any particular details about your settings? :lol:

tscoolberth

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I own the 60 Watt Head and also 2 of the IRT Studios,

I use the IRT Studio's more than the 60 watt head, not only because of them being easier to transport but they keep up with drummers very well.

They're great amps and it's very surprising how great they sound, especially for the price. Suppose some could say i'm slightly Biased towards Laney being a Laney Artist and all but I've been using them for years and all the amps of theirs I own have been extremely reliable.

Definitely check one out if you can though dude, you won't be disappointed with the tones you can get from them.

I just got my IRT Studio at New Years .. and it is a vast improvement on my Line 6 Spider Valve (with Strymon tube pre-amp.)

Stephen -

What is your speaker of choice? Vintage 30s? (I play 7 string and 6). I just got a great deal on a Jet City 1x12" with their custom Eminence but I may not be done buying 1x12 cabs.

Also, do you throw an overdrive in front of the amp to juice up the gain a bit? Any other pedal recommendations (besides the flashback?)

-tom

Stephen

Collibus
Reaction score
I just got my IRT Studio at New Years .. and it is a vast improvement on my Line 6 Spider Valve (with Strymon tube pre-amp.)

Stephen -

What is your speaker of choice? Vintage 30s? (I play 7 string and 6). I just got a great deal on a Jet City 1x12" with their custom Eminence but I may not be done buying 1x12 cabs.

Also, do you throw an overdrive in front of the amp to juice up the gain a bit? Any other pedal recommendations (besides the flashback?)

-tom

I'd say Vintage 30's are my speakers of choice seeing as I have 3 of my Laney Cabs loaded with them.

I've tried my heads with different cabs as well, G12H-75's are great also as I have them in my Laney Iommi cabinet. Had good results with the G12T-75's as well at gigs when doing the usual cab share thing.

As for the overdrive pedal, I use either a Maxon OD808 or a MXR Wylde Overdrive. I don't use them for more gain, just use it to tighten the tone more for the lower tunings.

Stephen

Collibus
Reaction score
Wow, that's a real yummy tone! Do you remember any particular details about your settings? :lol:

Yep, of-course I remember my settings haha.

Was using the Rhythm channel with no boost...

Gain: 6
Bass: +2
Mids: -1
Treble: +1
Volume: What ever you desire haha

As for the power amp section...

Dynamics: Half Way
Tone: -2

The with the MXR Wylde Overdrive in front of the input
Level: 12:00
Tone: 12:00
Gain: 8:30

Hope that helps :)

jrstinkfish

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hadn't fired mine up in a couple of months due to me using my Jet City 20-watt at practice because ... well, because it was already there. Sold the JC last week so I had to bring the Ironheart 120 ... and lord, what was I thinking? Gave me a stiffy cranking that beast up, it literally roars. I looked over and the knobs were just all over the place, I forgot to set my EQ -- you cannot get a bad sound of out this amp if you tried.

I wuvs it soooo much :kiss:

Stephen

Collibus
Reaction score
Haha yea, since I got My Ironheart's i've barely used my VH100R's

My gear at the moment... No doubt I'll be getting more soon!

Attachments

• GEAR.jpg
    GEAR.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 141

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Does the Tone and Dynamics knobs still work when running the IRT Studio thru a power amp?

rick_fears

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"Ive just realised there is no Effects loop on/off control on the footswitch"

^^^^ that is one of the few things that makee sad about this amp.

I've got the irt120h and love it. Its so flexible. Use it for everything from blues to deathcore. What cabs are you guys using? Looking into a new cab. Probably going to go with something with k100's or v30's.

Ill take some pics of my settings and get them up here soon.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
You guys who want a loop on and off could buy a looper pedal, that would let you switch an effects chain on and off with one click.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"Ive just realised there is no Effects loop on/off control on the footswitch"

^^^^ that is one of the few things that makee sad about this amp.

I've got the irt120h and love it. Its so flexible. Use it for everything from blues to deathcore. What cabs are you guys using? Looking into a new cab. Probably going to go with something with k100's or v30's.

Ill take some pics of my settings and get them up here soon.

Yeah its a shame

Cab wise atm Im running the matching Ironheart 2x12 but I am eyeing up the Line 6 SPider Valve 4x12 that comes with celestion V 30s and then I will put in 2 k100's in an x pattern with the V30's. Im also going to be getting the Pod HD pro rack so hence the Line 6 Cab choice :hbang:

Latest posts