The Gibson "Explorerbird" Lzzy Hale signature

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I will be honest I cant speak authoritatively on the grieving habits of anyone I dont know particularly a rock star. I can only assume that based on the elapsed time of 27 years that his recent issues most likely are not related to his daughter. I could be wrong. Trust me I know grief and its long term effects on your mental state. But there is nothing in public evidence that shows he is grieving. He is out playing shows…just not well and it appears that an unhealthy lifestyle is the likely culprit.

But that ignores the issue. Vince CANT sing and his weight is an issue so regardless the cause if Motley Crue and Def Leppard are gonna tour and have known for 18 months they were Vince owes it to his fans and bandmates yo be in playing shape. He’s not. Unless they use bocal tracks they will sound like shit and criticizing him is fair game. And I like Vince. This isnt personal.
He's been overweight awhile, so not recent. He has never really been a great vocalist either. Just because he is playing shows does not mean he isn't trying to drown out his feelings regarding the loss of his daughter, which I feel he likely never recovered from.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Anytime someone dresses androgynously people are gonna talk and wonder stuff. When they do, the person doing it shouldn't attack them. That's stupid, like the 11th rule of Earth for example. It leads to the end of humanity. All cause of a guitar.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anytime someone dresses androgynously people are gonna talk and wonder stuff. When they do, the person doing it shouldn't attack them. That's stupid, like the 11th rule of Earth for example. It leads to the end of humanity. All cause of a guitar.

I like how "dresses androgynously" here literally means "wears trousers". :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I really don't like the objectification of Hale in this thread (or in general), but what I think Andro is trying to say is -

If you build your brand ( or in this case, your band) off of your appearance then folks commenting (positively or negatively) on it is fair game.

I don't necessarily agree on this but it's a fair point to make.
Shit, people have dogged glam rockers for decades .. is Halestorm immune to this?

Not sure how it's a fair point. It's only built off her appearance because the audiences are 95% men with a non-trivial amount of desperate thirsty men. The type of guys that go nuts for a pic of a guitar holding a guitar. And the type of guy who comments on the photo like, "Wow, I'd like to get my hands on that! The guitar's nice too!" 🙄 Yes, she has an appearance. So does everyone. Marketing shots aren't a bunch of people sitting around in sweater vests (apart from weezer, and even that's marketing an appearance). What kind of excuse is it to say, "oh, she's attractive and didn't actively try to cover up, so it's fair game"? If she was serious she should have worn a burqa.

ArtDecade

Vaudeville
Reaction score
Skyler? Vince is grieving Razzle and an empty pizza box. The point being that Vince is not a sympathetic party in any story. His life s a laundry list of fucked up and ant-social events. That is why he is always going to get a certain amount of grief on any forum. Hale just celebrates birthdays and y'all want to put her in the same boat. They don't deserve the same criticism.

Reaction score
Skyler? Vince is grieving Razzle and an empty pizza box. The point being that Vince is not a sympathetic party in any story. His life s a laundry list of fucked up and ant-social events. That is why he is always going to get a certain amount of grief on any forum. Hale just celebrates birthdays and y'all want to put her in the same boat. They don't deserve the same criticism.
Woman no make peepee hard! WUMUN BAD!

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Women are only allowed to wear anime school girl outfits with their tits pushed up to their foreheads. Everyone knows this
Exactly! Thank you.......oh wait. You were being sarcastic. Well ......this just got awkward for me. I think I'll go post a NGD or something and let's pretend this conversation never happened.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I like how "dresses androgynously" here literally means "wears trousers". :lol:
I'm not that smart in English skills. I tried figuring it out but all Google told me was to wear gender nuetral trousers and name plate necklace or something. haha. I refuse to wear skinny jeans.

Have you (or anyone else) noticed how Google is giving flippant half assed answers lately like a tennager is answering everything. It's just making stufft up at this point I think. Probably bad AI.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not that smart in English skills. I tried figuring it out but all Google told me was to wear gender nuetral trousers and name plate necklace or something. haha. I refuse to wear skinny jeans.

Have you (or anyone else) noticed how Google is giving flippant half assed answers lately like a tennager is answering everything. It's just making stufft up at this point I think. Probably bad AI.

A0B5F966-995D-41C0-A6BB-8F9D636B76F0.jpeg

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I really don't like the objectification of Hale in this thread (or in general), but what I think Andro is trying to say is -

If you build your brand ( or in this case, your band) off of your appearance then folks commenting (positively or negatively) on it is fair game.
My point here is that, Halestorm didn't just sell on the looks of the frontwoman. Half ot the songs were about those, too. They were actively marketing it.
"Sorry I've turned you on", right.
It's like Rocco Siffredi created a rock band talking about his dick and complaining we notice he can't get it up at 85. Well actually that's more or less what Tommy Lee did, to an extent. His dick is even on Disney now. :D