The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. The906

The906 Contributor

I had to skip a round of hot AF golf this morning because I got the pink eye. Luckily the dial-a-doc hooked me up with a scrip first thing. Here's hoping there's no zombie virus in the mix.

Edika likes this.
  2. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

Was browsing through some old projects once again and found some sick djent songs but too bad djent is already done and passé.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  3. lurè

lurè Can't buy skill so I buy gear

Don't worry dude, one day will come back just like nu metal

4. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

I'll be a full-blown blues guy by that point. :lol:

lurè likes this.
  5. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

My home is finally on the real estate market. So begins the process of having to pick up after myself- even on weekends- like a common rube since a prospective buyer could traipse-in at any time. Why can't they view my property in all its squalor and pay me all the money? /s :lol:

It's a weird thing to admit since it has been so long in my life without it, but the most exciting things can be the most nerve-wracking.

6. vilk

vilk Very Regular

No matter how hard I try to make myself prefer oil, vinegar, or oil+vinegar salad dressings... they're just never better than a creamy dressing. I'm not saying I actively dislike a non-creamy dressing. But literally as I'm drizzling it my mind is saying man, this salad would taste so much better with [creamy dressing]. Creamy caesar, creamy garlic, bleau cheese, even ranch (though usually I only use ranch for dipping)... as much as I don't want to think so, I'm sure my pallet would enjoy even a crappy creamy over a gourmet vinaigrette.

Put creamy dressing on a salad and I will devour it. It's like junkfood, I'll have seconds, thirds! Put vinaigrette on a salad and I'm picking at it. One side helping only. Only eating it just to clear my plate.

It makes me feel like a kid. I want to be a grown up!! :mad:

7. The906

The906 Contributor

Blow cheese is new?

8. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I see.............................

The906 likes this.
  9. The906

The906 Contributor

Does it come in chunk style? :lol:

Edika likes this.
  10. vilk

vilk Very Regular

The one I was thinking about is creamy.....................

Edika and The906 like this.
  11. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Try Balsamic vinegar and olive oil if you haven't already. If you have and was not a fan you can try Balsmic glaze and olive oil. That combo made my 4 year old daughter love salad and she will actually eat just the salad and nothing else lol!

12. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Where do i get one of those?

cwhitey2, XPT707FX, narad and 2 others like this.
  13. Grindspine

Grindspine likes pointy things

So I finally have like all the gear I wanted to get, but am now 40, so am too old to go djent with my friends, who all have kids now anyway.

XPT707FX, Edika, The906 and 1 other person like this.
  14. lurè

One entire day of playing to come up with some nice riffs and 2 minutes to forget everything.

15. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

Bro I know that feeling. I never seem to come up with good riffs unless I'm totally zoned out watching tv while playing. The second I start recording or actively trying to remember what I played is when the riffs disappear like grains of sand in an hourglass.

lurè likes this.
  16. lurè

I'm like 2 hour straight playing the same riff over and over and something stupid like a 2 min phone call has the power to make me forget everything.
    Riffing alzehimer at its best.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  17. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Every time I see this thread I try to think of something but have no contributions, so I guess that's a FWP in itself. :lol:

Today I got one, though! My job allows for flex hours, so the sooner I get in, the sooner I get to leave. I'm typically at the office by 8:15 but today I left my house much earlier than usual and felt good that Id be able to get home sooner. My commute took twice as long because of traffic so I still made it in to the office a little after 8.

Also my work laptop is soooooo goddamn slow, but the company policy is that you get a computer refresh every 4 years. I've been here 3 years and am considering dropping it down a couple flights of stairs so they can just give me a new one. I really hate these old HP's.

18. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

change the tequila for white rum and you would be pretty close to a Caipirinha, which is much better ;)

19. Descent

Descent SS.org Regular

I went for white wine sangria instead. Now I am sucking down on all these forgotten bottles of white wine. It's great for the searing Houston summer.

20. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

For the last 7 years I've been working paycheck to 3 days to paycheck. Last year, my wife got a job taking care of 90 year old grandma, which would have helped, but we moved into a bigger place that is actually big enough for a family of 4, so we were as broke as always.

Here recently, I've gotten a pretty decent raise, and she got a dollar raise. We've gone from planning the week out to the penny to paying rent with one paycheck and having money left over. I mean last night our kids spent the night with my mom, so I took my wife out for a nice dinner and spent $100 and that didn't screw us for saving for our first vacation.

I mean, I'm not rich by any means, but, I just can't get over the fact that we went to an expensive steakhouse and we could both order whatever we wanted. I've even been able to buy new shoes when I wear a pair out instead of having to super glue them back together.