The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

AwakenTheSkies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So does Periphery, but it hasn't slowed them down.

Pitchforks down, ladies. I like Periphery, but those song titles are cringe city. Buttersnips? Fucking BUTTERSNIPS? WTF?
Really? I always thought the opposite, I think they're good at coming up with creative song names. I feel like this is most likely because English is not my first or second language, so I kind of feel like I'm always stuck only using basic words. The easiest way to name a song is probably naming it after one of the main lyrics. But then some bands often use titles with more complicated or obscure words, especially the instrumental prog djent crowd. I can't do that. or I find that when I do it, it sounds forced or silly. 🤣🤣

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really? I always thought the opposite, I think they're good at coming up with creative song names. I feel like this is most likely because English is not my first or second language, so I kind of feel like I'm always stuck only using basic words. The easiest way to name a song is probably naming it after one of the main lyrics. But then some bands often use titles with more complicated or obscure words, especially the instrumental prog djent crowd. I can't do that. or I find that when I do it, it sounds forced or silly. 🤣🤣
Come on, 'Psychotic Heptagram of Soulitude and Soulace' is a great song name.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I have a song I call Bill Nile the egyptology guy

I don't know the term for when something is spelt correctly/accordingly, it's certainly not grammatically or phonetically, but the real way to do it would be "Bill Ny(l)e The Egyptology Guy"

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
I don't know the term for when something is spelt correctly/accordingly, it's certainly not grammatically or phonetically, but the real way to do it would be "Bill Ny(l)e The Egyptology Guy"
nah ima keep it as is

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Reefer Sutherland by Bong gripper is S-tier for me.

This was the first Bongripper song I ever heard, ~2012ish, absolutely blew me away along with The People Mover which still holds my personal record for hugest riff.

I've always found the name humorous, but they definitely have had some cringy/stupid song names along the way. "Tranny Ride" comes to mind. Makes me glad they weren't writing lyrics tbh.

Let it not go without saying, though, that Satan Worshipping Doom is the best stoner metal album ever written/recorded/conceived by mortals. Still mad I missed the vinyl reissue, but my buddy ordered me SWD Live at Roadbrun on vinyl after I complained to him about it. It's good to have friends.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
This was the first Bongripper song I ever heard, ~2012ish, absolutely blew me away along with The People Mover which still holds my personal record for hugest riff.

I have to give that to Hate Ashbury III, at least in their catalogue, shit's so fucking ear shatteringly heavy; heaviest riff in all of doom for me is probably Audhumbla's opening riff.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So the front end on my Jeep started making every noise it could in the front end on the way home from school the other night. I have picked up a mechanicin' skill or 2 over the years so when I took it to the shop because I didn't have time to deal with it. And this isn't taking it to some hack, I know a thing or 2, and this is one of the only mechanics I trust. Sumbitch sounded like it was fixing to come apart when I took it up there, 2 days later when they got to it nary a problem. They even had it up on the rack to show me everything was still good.

If I've hit the point in my life where I have a satanic POS (it did get wrecked for the 6th time a couple weeks ago), could I have gotten a little cooler set of wheels?

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The clear pickguard I ordered hasn't shipped yet due to "Royal Mail Industrial Action." I'm no scab, I support them 100% and hope they get what they're after.

But damn my instant gratification muscle is twitchy right now

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i'm looking at moving away from a mac to a pc next year. Looking at builds is such a pain in the butt though. I'm too lazy to figure out what's best for my needs and budget.

...i know that's kinda sad for someone that works in vfx. I should know all this stuff inside and out. But every time I go to look at PC's my brain just glazes over and I want to fall asleep.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm looking at moving away from a mac to a pc next year. Looking at builds is such a pain in the butt though. I'm too lazy to figure out what's best for my needs and budget.

...i know that's kinda sad for someone that works in vfx. I should know all this stuff inside and out. But every time I go to look at PC's my brain just glazes over and I want to fall asleep.
I've heard of so many people saying it's not even worth building a PC anymore and just buying pre-built, or mostly pre-built. I think it's the best bang for buck since crypto mining completely fucked the graphics card market?

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've heard of so many people saying it's not even worth building a PC anymore and just buying pre-built, or mostly pre-built. I think it's the best bang for buck since crypto mining completely fucked the graphics card market?
possibly? I'm not sure.

I have some friends that are way more into this stuff than I am. They've just been super busy lately so I haven't bugged them yet about it.

The main thing I hate about a desktop PC's is most of them are so big and they're a pain when moving. That's why I've been on macbook pro's for the last decade. They're small/portable. etc.. But now that I'm working from home and using it 12-16 hrs a day I really should switch to a proper desktop.

Kid me from 20-30 years ago would have thought that by 2022 we would have like ...super computers the size of a watch or something fancy like that, but no... we still have big 'ol towers.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
possibly? I'm not sure.

I have some friends that are way more into this stuff than I am. They've just been super busy lately so I haven't bugged them yet about it.

The main thing I hate about a desktop PC's is most of them are so big and they're a pain when moving. That's why I've been on macbook pro's for the last decade. They're small/portable. etc.. But now that I'm working from home and using it 12-16 hrs a day I really should switch to a proper desktop.

Kid me from 20-30 years ago would have thought that by 2022 we would have like ...super computers the size of a watch or something fancy like that, but no... we still have big 'ol towers.
Our phones are basically super computers, so close enoigh. :lol:
If you can store it, keep the box your case comes in and the packing foam so you can move it easily and safely.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I was having a couple drinks and watching stupid videos on Youtube as one is wont to do on a Friday night, and I got recommended this.

Man...I fucking miss Guitar Hero. I think I liked playing Guitar Hero with my friends back in the day just as much as playing shitty covers of Unholy Confessions.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Lost my driving license and work clock-in/out card thingy on Friday or at least that's when I noticed they were missing...

Long story short; came back from a two-night trip to Tallinn, Estonia today, quickly unpacked my shit and took the first bus to my work place because I was sure the cards had just slipped out of my phone wallet into my work jacket. No luck there. But the worst part is that I calculated that if I walk about a mile towards the bus that was supposed to take me home I can use the same ticket (we have a system that you can change the local bus/train as many times as you want within 80 minutes of buying the ticket) but the bus was fucking late so I had to buy a new ticket. I was literally counting seconds to my ticket's expiration as the bus drove around the corner. :mad:

Edit: Also, Black Friday deals. I swear if I get one more e-mail from GGD imma transfer all my GGD products to a flash drive, eat it, and shit it out. :noplease:

Last edited:

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So we're having a Christmas potluck at work on Wednesday (why not closer to Christmas? fuck if I know), and I'm gonna make gumbo. So I figured if I'm gonna make it for work, Ima make a batch tonight to make sure I still got it, and I'm one of those people that has to listen to music while I cook. And depending on what I'm cooking, the music changes to fit it, I mean are you gonna cook Mexican food listening to metal? Not to mention I love zydeco to begin with.

Youtube music's idea of zydeco is the same people that thinks Nickleback, AC/DC and Led Zepplin is heavy metal. Is it bad? Not necessarily, but is it what I searched...no.

Also, fuck those name 3 song people, because I'm realizing I'm one of the ones that likes all kinds of music and has entire genres I love that I can't name three artists, let alone three songs. That's what happens with streaming.