The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My first world problem is the Christmas trees are tiny and look anemic as shit this year. This inflation is hitting them hard. Time to pour a can of Sprite and some Half Wicked YK11 in there and keep our fingers crossed.

D284-F704-B64-E-44-FF-AA38-26-E994026-EC8.jpg

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My first world problem is the Christmas trees are tiny and look anemic as shit this year. This inflation is hitting them hard. Time to pour a can of Sprite and some Half Wicked YK11 in there and keep our fingers crossed.

Or you could install an 8-ft drop ceiling so the tree isn't swallowed by that massssssive ceiling height???

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score

Sounds like a Florida problem rather than a first world problem. Our trees here in Vermont look fine. Maybe come live up here, where all of the good trees are. We don't have alligators, either.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Woke up early to got to Best Buy before they closed to get a new set of over ears that were on sale for a good price. Sale was online only. Went and spent the money on groceries instead.
If BB wont honor their online price, they don't deserve your cash anyways haha.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score

X-mas tree on the first day of December? That thing is gonna look naked af when it's showtime aka X-mas Eve. We always get the X-mas tree like 2-3 days before the actual holidays and it has alway shed most of its skin by the Boxing Day. Or at least that's how it went when I was a kid. This year I'm spending the 24th to 26th at work so no X-mas for me. :leon:

X-mas

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
X-mas tree on the first day of December? That thing is gonna look naked af when it's showtime aka X-mas Eve. We always get the X-mas tree like 2-3 days before the actual holidays and it has alway shed most of its skin by the Boxing Day. Or at least that's how it went when I was a kid. This year I'm spending the 24th to 26th at work so no X-mas for me. :leon:

X-mas

:lol: If it were up to the woman it would have been up the day before Halloween.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
That thing is gonna look naked af when it's showtime aka X-mas Eve. We always get the X-mas tree like 2-3 days before the actual holidays and it has alway shed most of its skin by the Boxing Day.

That's one of the reasons we bought a plastic one 3-4 years ago (main reason being allergy). It sheds a handfull of plastic things every year, but so little that you can't tell any are missing after all that time. We also don't put it up just yet, maybe a week before... I might have to hang it from the ceiling somehow this year so our crawling baby doesn't topple it.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: If it were up to the woman it would have been up the day before Halloween.
Ours was. :lol:
We just use a fake tree, though. If it's gonna be dark and cold and miserable out then at least it's nice to look at twinkly Xmas lights and decorations.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if punch or fist bump, but I'll take it. :lol:

Forgot to say in the last post, but I wish it were more acceptable/part of the tradition to keep Xmas lights on outside for the whole of winter. January and February are fucking long and miserable without 'em.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not sure if punch or fist bump, but I'll take it. :lol:

Forgot to say in the last post, but I wish it were more acceptable/part of the tradition to keep Xmas lights on outside for the whole of winter. January and February are fucking long and miserable without 'em.

That’s 3-dimension fist bump.

Growing up I thought it was always common knowledge to leave the tree up until Super Bowl to hang the cans of Bud Heavy off of.

Carrion Rocket

Taiwan is a Country
Reaction score
Time to pour a can of Sprite and some Half Wicked YK11 in there and keep our fingers crossed.
Make it that McDonald's sprite. Or alternatively, original recipe Four Loko. You are in Florida after all.

If BB wont honor their online price, they don't deserve your cash anyways haha.
Yeah, that BB has been verging on the edge of closing for a while now and it's not hard to see why when you walk into it. It's not quite Fry's level of desolate, but it's definitely gone the GameStop route recently of selling everything pop culture related instead of electronics.

I suck at coming up with cool song names...😐
I make alot of mine pop culture references (the more obscure, the better) or inside jokes.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So my family has been doing holiday cookbooks for the past couple years because of a "super contagious" disease that someone working with the public would have died from from if they didn't wear a mask.

Everybody's upset I didn't put my etoufee recipe in the cookbook because they don't understand...I don't have an etoufee recipe. I know how etoufee works, but the only part of my "recipie" is it doesn't call for that much wine, but it calls for 2 bottles for a reason.

th-1223061022.jpg

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
so i've been switching banks over the last couple of weeks
everything was going super smooth up until it came time to get a new credit card. The new bank's site has been down for almost a week for credit card applications.

..... I'm having to... call... 🤮 and....i'll have to actually.. 🤮 talk to someone 🤮🤮

It's either that or go to the bank in .. person. 🤮🤮🤮

Latest posts