The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
True story:
I've had my share of weird, both in dreams and awake, but this one really sent a shiver through me.

I was dating a, well, to put it politely, brute of a woman in my twenties. She was over one night and we had a decent enough time, considering. We're dead asleep and I had the most vivid fucking dream of this redhaired gal and me going at it on a school bus. I'm talking going to town. With people all around. It was wicked.

Then I woke up to my gal sobbing her eyes out because she just dreamed about me being on the school bus making out with this friend she had from school who happened to have red hair. Like, described the action down to the positions and everything exactly as I'd dreamt it.

I should have seen it as a sign and dumped her ass. A little less than a year later she'd spent the sixteen grand I had in the bank, wrecked my car, destroyed my credit by taking out a bunch of cards with my name on them and not telling me, then broke up with me when I was basically destitute and destroyed.

That's fucking wild. Much like magic, I don't necessarily believe in prescience.... but I don't not-believe either. Really hard not to think there's something going on there. One the infinite mysteries of life I suppose.

Glad you're not in that anymore, at any rate.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Can't find a baritone string set that wasn't assembled by crackheads....

Who the hell wants a .072 or even a .068 for that matter, for a fucking B1 at 27+ inches?? LIke christ, .054 is fine for B at 25.5 inches.

I'm trying to tune down to drop F and E and the .072 makes sense down that low, but the rest of the strings are either nightmare tight or extremely loose.

Guess I'm going back to stringjoy....ugh.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can't find a baritone string set that wasn't assembled by crackheads....

Who the hell wants a .072 or even a .068 for that matter, for a fucking B1 at 27+ inches?? LIke christ, .054 is fine for B at 25.5 inches.

I'm trying to tune down to drop F and E and the .072 makes sense down that low, but the rest of the strings are either nightmare tight or extremely loose.

Guess I'm going back to stringjoy....ugh.

d'addy'o EXL 158 13-62 does it for me, I like it a little stiff though

only complaint is the .017 F# has some serious attitude and not in a good way, but I'm lazy and would rather buy 10 packs at a time and compensate for their shortcomings with my playing than build my own.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Reaction score
Stuck in the boonies for several days longer than I should have been because the road washed out and all the flights were booked up while I'm working out of town, in a place that effectively only has one road in or out.

At least my employer has agreed to pay us all a full day's wage as well as per diem for each day we're stuck here, whether we work or not, so that's pretty nice.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Stuck in the boonies for several days longer than I should have been because the road washed out and all the flights were booked up while I'm working out of town, in a place that effectively only has one road in or out.

At least my employer has agreed to pay us all a full day's wage as well as per diem for each day we're stuck here, whether we work or not, so that's pretty nice.

Sounds like time for some paid scenic hikes!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Reaction score
Sounds like time for some paid scenic hikes!
Maybe, if my body aches less over the coming days. Spent the past few days trenching through mud and trudging around in rain that pretty much instantly soaked through my boots and jacket in order to run armored ethernet cables underground. It's probably because I'm typically a desk jockey, but regardless, I am very sore.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe, if my body aches less over the coming days. Spent the past few days trenching through mud and trudging around in rain that pretty much instantly soaked through my boots and jacket in order to run armored ethernet cables underground. It's probably because I'm typically a desk jockey, but regardless, I am very sore.

Wet cold is the worst cold. Chills straight to the bone for sure. I found out at a very inopportune time last month that my "waterproof" hiking boots are no longer waterproof. Then again, I don't suppose there's such thing an opportune time to discover that :lol:

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Indeed, it is a proud day when a mexican compliments your mexican food. I made breakfast burritos for the whole prep crew at a kitchen I used to work in and the grizzled old mexican baker told me it was an excellent burrito. One of my most treasured cooking compliments, I was legit afraid to give it to him :lol:

UPDATE: We were talking about stuff today, and we were talking about rubber boots, and how work didn't have my size, so if my Mexican food is good enough to make me an honorary Mexican, as much as y'all liked my etouffee I might be an honorary Cajun.

One of the dudes on my crew thought I was a Cajun because I'm a white person that can actually make good food. I have never been so insulted, yet complimented at the same time. I get what you where going for my dude...but there's a difference in white folks and white people. White people think pepper is spicy, white folks also have people that just bring plates to the carne asada.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
It's not even 7pm and I've already maxed out the volume on my headphones and it sounds quiet af. :mad:

Also, got a case of man-flu. Although it was a perfect opportunity to go to the pharmacy and get me a bottle of cough syrup. Time to trip balls. :lol:

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What in the damn hell.... Thats like 90's Warwick 5 string thick. Where did you get that?

Found a partscaster on Reverb that I couldn’t say ”no” to and it was on it. I thought it was this All Parts neck but it doesn’t taper up as it goes up the neck, it feels like 1” the entire length of it.

This body is why I couldn’t say “No”. I thought it was pine at first but the seller confirmed it’s ash. It’s an absolutely amazing Strat and I’m head over heels with the thing.
49CCF826-B2E5-4574-A866-2438F9479D4A.jpeg

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Fucking fruitflies. I didn't see a single one during the summer but now they're swarming my apartment when it's almost freezing outside. GTFO!

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Wife’s bday last week; she got a lot of stuff as she has 3 groups of friends.

Was doing dishes and she was sitting at the counter opening stuff, and one of her friends got her a grab bag. A candle, bottle of perfume she likes, and a disposable vape pen.

She hits it, says it tastes like trash, hands it to me and I take like 5 big rips off it and agree.

Goes to our daughter and asks if she wants it, and she says “no thanks, I don’t like weed pens.”

Both of us look at each other and grab the box. Sure enough, disposable sativa pen.

We are now both stoned as fuck as neither of us smokes weed.

🤬

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
The one time I want to find a floating trem shredder with either sharkin/tooth inlays, and there's fuck all out there on the used market. They used to go on for as far as the eye can see, now everything has gone in this bland direction.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wife’s bday last week; she got a lot of stuff as she has 3 groups of friends.

Was doing dishes and she was sitting at the counter opening stuff, and one of her friends got her a grab bag. A candle, bottle of perfume she likes, and a disposable vape pen.

She hits it, says it tastes like trash, hands it to me and I take like 5 big rips off it and agree.

Goes to our daughter and asks if she wants it, and she says “no thanks, I don’t like weed pens.”

Both of us look at each other and grab the box. Sure enough, disposable sativa pen.

We are now both stoned as fuck as neither of us smokes weed.

🤬

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My wife tends to have these late night rants when she's either asleep or on the verge of sleep. Sometimes they're hysterical. Sometimes terrifying. Last night's went epic.

As per usual, she started with about twenty, "fuck you,"s said groggily, throwing her middle fingers up each time. Then she lay there with one middle finger up, fist in the air, for probably five minutes, saying nothing. Then? Out of nowhere?

"Fuck you, you fuckin' fucks. Statue of Liberty shouldn't have a flame. Should just have a big middle finger in the air. Cause fuck you, you fuckin' fucks. You were there. You were fuckin there. And you...did...NOTHING!"

Then she rolled over and curled up and said nothing more.

This is damned near sleep-talkin-man territory.