The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I long to have nightmares like that. Not really, as being chased by anything in a dream is fucked up... but some sense of normalcy in a dream-state would be very welcome to me. I'm sure my nightmares are partly why I only sleep 3-4 hrs at a time too.

On the flip side I had a dream last night where a sweet Asian lady offered me two two packs ( so four total) Japanese super-puffy box cats. They were all about one cubic foot and packed into a rectangular carrier separated by a partition. But you couldn't see their faces... just the tops of em. She sat them down so I could reach them and I remember they were super soft and in four different patterns/ markings. For whatever reason I didn't take them. Probably because I was standing in a crevice of some kind using a scoop to try to dig and dig... maybe trying to keep from being buried alive or something.. i dunno.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
[...] a sweet Asian lady offered me two two packs ( so four total) Japanese super-puffy box

kombucha-girl-1280x720.jpg

EDEfNYFWwAIWpeq

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Dammit I would've taken all four in real life! Who could refuse xl cube-shaped kittens?? Although to be fair, not being able to see their faces might be a deal-breaker irl.

lol my wife just reminded me that I was recently watching a thing about Japanese ornamental square watermelon. Pretty sure that was what spawned the large fluffy cube kitties in my unconscious mind.

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
Why the fuck is it so hard to find base layers that are actually just wool and not adulterated with polyester or other shit.

On a separate note, how has nobody come up with a decent bug repellent that actually works on horseflies.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I've never been crazy about Mexican food because of one too many white people taco nights when I was a kid, but my wife likes "Mexican food" (ie Taco Bell) so she's been trying to get me to try it. I mean, obviously I like stuff like tacos and quesadillas, but every time I've had it, its just too much beans and sour cream and a whole bunch of bullshit I don't care for.

I work a blue collar job in Texas, and have achieved vato status with my coworkers, so they're hooking me up with recipes and going to teach me Spanish, etc. But apparently stuff like menudo and mole isn't "normal" Mexican food to her. :scratch: Maybe it's just me and my tried alligator and deer heart before I ever tried a salad redneck ass, but when I asked what menudo was, hominy was more of a questionable ingredient for me than stomach.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Man, I didn't realize trying to find gash to smash was like it's own full-time job, shit's exhausting

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dang.....no running water this morning.

Sorry costco shoppers. I gotta make a run to the store. You will have to just hold your noses when I walk by since I am not able to take a shower.

🐖

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Why the fuck is it so hard to find base layers that are actually just wool and not adulterated with polyester or other shit.

My struggle is finding them in tall sizes. Last time I was at the local sporting goods store I asked the clerk, "have y'all heard of tall people?" Fortunately he thought it was funny. I just want to buy some overpriced smartwool base layers like everyone else.

I finally have some long sleeve button shirts that fit right, nevermind that I had to spend $50 apiece on them. I understand that's just the tip of the iceberg for spending money on fashion, and I will say they look quite dashing on me, but I'm used to shopping at Value Village.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Even without the 'rona, this has always been a good rule. Too many people don' understand boundaries and personal space.
oh that reminds me

It really bugs me when in movies or tv shows, characters get riiiiight in each others faces to speak to each other.

like....No one does that in real life.

"i have to talk to you... TWO inches away from your FACE"

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
My struggle is finding them in tall sizes. Last time I was at the local sporting goods store I asked the clerk, "have y'all heard of tall people?" Fortunately he thought it was funny. I just want to buy some overpriced smartwool base layers like everyone else.

I finally have some long sleeve button shirts that fit right, nevermind that I had to spend $50 apiece on them. I understand that's just the tip of the iceberg for spending money on fashion, and I will say they look quite dashing on me, but I'm used to shopping at Value Village.
smartwool is dogshit ime. They used to be good but they keep reducing the amount of wool in their products. The whole damn reason I buy wool is because *it will keep you warm even when wet*. Once you've fallen through the ice in the middle of winter you really begin to appreciate products that keep you from dying of hypothermia.

LL Bean has 100% wool base layers for solid prices. Icebreaker is also solid but more pricy.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
oh that reminds me

It really bugs me when in movies or tv shows, characters get riiiiight in each others faces to speak to each other.

like....No one does that in real life.

"i have to talk to you... TWO inches away from your FACE"
Stay away from Mexican soap-opera tv at all cost. We used to watch that randomly for the lolz.