The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
My first world "problem" today is they changed the appearance slightly on Reverb when you're scrolling through gear and I don't like it. I liked the last version better. Boo hoo.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Need to meet my buyer to deliver his guitar and get the rest of the payment. If he drove farther, we could have met yesterday and my new guitar could likely ship today or tomorrow. :lol: patience not just a trucking company!

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Though you said lower abdomen, have you had any gallbladder issues? Sorry to hear you're not feeling good.

Not that I know of. Had the pain this morning still when I woke up but it went away. Could've been just muscle pain. :D

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So my wife and one of her friends are shooting the shit and talking about buying a pirate ship (there might be little alcohol involved).

They were planning which friend would do what when I brought up buying a ship is not very pirate of you and IDK about ships, but I have piloted a sailboat before. I'm apparently gonna get keelhauled because I'm the only person in her friend group that knows how to do pirate shit.

Those are some goals right there...the biggest argument my wife and I have ever had involves I'm the only person she knows that has something resembling sea legs.

So we all made a bet. Whoever can acquiesce with being in charge of a boat first wins. Or in plainer English,one of my wife's friends bet me she would be in charge of a boat before I would when she has been out on my dad's boat that she knows I have a copy of the key to because she caught her dinner for the night.

giphy.gif

jco5055

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mine is probably that money is going to be a bit tight/gotta think before each purchase since the gf and I are moving to Manhattan….since we can afford (using the “correct” budgeting rules for % of salary going to rent etc) to live in Manhattan haha

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Watching the recording of the F1s, needed to poo, badly.
Oh, I can totally see the TV from the toilet, will watch. Two birds, one stone.
Sitting here, the fan is too loud to hear the commentary and too risky to go turn up the volume, if you know what I mean...

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Supposed to go see Plini live in a few hours but I feel super tired and I need to clean my apartment before I leave for vacation tomorrow since our locks might get changed during that.

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really get annoyed that the setting on my phone work really well for when I listen to music in my car via bluetooth, but damn does it sound awful through my Bluetooth headphones...

Ahab should be kicking my ear drums to the next millennium right now (headphones), but the tin is strong in this one...

I must be too technologically stupid to work this out.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
My 5 week summer vacation ended today - starting of with a 1 day week. Back to normal next week though :(

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just woke up praying for death. Hell is real and it is symmetric cramps in the inner thighs.
Sympathies, man.

I remember slinging hay bales for five hours one day, traveling to Des Moines the next day for an outdoor festival including Danzig, Suicidal Tendencies and Metallica, and waking up that night with both legs fully locked with cramps. That shit leaves mental scars. I would know since it was, holy fuck, thirty years ago. Thirty years ago last month actually. WTF?

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Sympathies, man.

I remember slinging hay bales for five hours one day, traveling to Des Moines the next day for an outdoor festival including Danzig, Suicidal Tendencies and Metallica, and waking up that night with both legs fully locked with cramps. That shit leaves mental scars. I would know since it was, holy fuck, thirty years ago. Thirty years ago last month actually. WTF?
When I was 18 I went to see Avenged Sevenfold in Waterloo, IA. 4-6 hours standing on concrete and flirting with the edge of the pit, and the next morning I woke up I couldn't even move my legs they were so stiff. Never experienced anything like it before or since.

Was real tough climbing down from my dorm room loft bed.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
This is why doing some light stretches before going to bed, while not very rock-and-roll, is super good for you.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Not sure how relative this is to the last several posts but a few weeks ago, I was having a nightmare, which in and of itself is nothing new... I have em all the time. But this one was I guess so horrible that I woke up from it with an absolutely excruciating pain in my calf. It was so severely cramped up that all I could do was massage it while rocking back and forth... tears in my eyes. I was limping on it for about a week and a few days afterwards b/c it was still that sore or inflamed or whatever. All better now, I guess.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Not sure how relative this is to the last several posts but a few weeks ago, I was having a nightmare, which in and of itself is nothing new... I have em all the time. But this one was I guess so horrible that I woke up from it with an absolutely excruciating pain in my calf. It was so severely cramped up that all I could do was massage it while rocking back and forth... tears in my eyes. I was limping on it for about a week and a few days afterwards b/c it was still that sore or inflamed or whatever. All better now, I guess.
I used to have dreams that ended with me dying. Yes, dreams, not nightmares, because in them everything went really well and I thought "damn I'm lucky" just before being hit by a truck or falling face first from a skyscraper etc. Woke up in pretty severe pain too, almost as if the thing I saw had actually happened partially or something...

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I stretch for almost an hour every day. Well, most days. And so do some light stretching before bed a lot of nights.

I absolutely notice the difference if I don't. Literally everything is noticeably more fucked, and it compounds the longer I go without. Much easier to maintain flexibility than to build it back up.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Vecna or freddy almost got you

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Vecna or freddy almost got you
gah, i used to have nightmares of Freddy when i was little after I saw one of the nightmare on elm street movies when I was like 6 or so.

I had this recurring dream for a while where he was chasing me through my grandma's house and I'd wake up right before he stabbed me in the face.

I ...I can still see it to this day.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
gah, i used to have nightmares of Freddy when i was little after I saw one of the nightmare on elm street movies when I was like 6 or so.

I had this recurring dream for a while where he was chasing me through my grandma's house and I'd wake up right before he stabbed me in the face.

I ...I can still see it to this day.
Oof. I'm sorry I said anything.