The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

LordIronSpatula

A series of interconnected fortune cookies.
Reaction score
My wife and I were at a wine tasting and accidentally under-tipped the dude serving us. He was really friendly, conversational and even comped us a couple glasses of really solid stuff. We had such a great time my wife screwed up the math on the tip screen and I didn't realize it until we got to the car, and we didn't have any cash on us that I could run back in. I think it was the tasting fee being waived by bottle purchases that threw us off...

Anyway, getting a $10 tip from friendly, low-maintenance customers probably didn't ruin that guy's day but I feel he fully earned a 20 and I still feel like crap about it. :lol:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Chatting up the folks working at wineries while you're doing a tasting there is an excellent way to get free wine or the tasting fee waived. In my experience they always love to talk about the wine and appreciate when you show a genuine interest.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
On the subject of wine...

I've really been wanting to get into making wine and mead, and I found what looks like a decent mead making kit on Amazon. I haven't bought it yet, because I don't want to spend the money on another hobby, but I will spend that much money buying mead.

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
On the subject of wine...

I've really been wanting to get into making wine and mead, and I found what looks like a decent mead making kit on Amazon. I haven't bought it yet, because I don't want to spend the money on another hobby, but I will spend that much money buying mead.
the honey is the most expensive part by far lol

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
the honey is the most expensive part by far lol

well, look at the this way, my son is autistic, and there's a very good chance he got it from me.

Ya, the honey is expensive, but when i get into a hobby i get FUCKING INTO IT, and beekeeping to get cheaper honey is the most expensive part. But I also know, with how I am about stuff, I could turn that into a questionably legal side hustle.

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
well, look at the this way, my son is autistic, and there's a very good chance he got it from me.

Ya, the honey is expensive, but when i get into a hobby i get FUCKING INTO IT, and beekeeping to get cheaper honey is the most expensive part. But I also know, with how I am about stuff, I could turn that into a questionably legal side hustle.
more power to you if you want to do beekeeping with mead making.
Mead is pretty idiotproof compared to beer ime.

Last edited:

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score

Barter with a beekeeper. My lil bro was actually making legit quality Jun for a while because he and his friend made a deal with the friends grandparents whom kept bees.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
more power to you if you want to do beekeeping with mead making.
Mead is pretty idiotproof compared to beer ime.

It's not that I want to do beekeeping, that's just how my brain works.
I've never been much of a beer person other than I have to drink Lone Star in the camo can during deer season because of nostalgia/tradition. Anything more complicated that I'd be interested in making is illegal because Uncle Sugar has to have his cut.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I did 4 sets on the incline leg press at my usual weight instead of just 3 last night, and there's no residual pain/DOMS, so I guess that means it's time to up the weight for my usual routine.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Cooked some chicken wings but I'm not even hungry and probably can't even finish them despite not eating anything today. :(

Also, I've had this pain on the left side of my lower abdomen the whole day. Guess my liver is finally calling it quits.

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also, I've had this pain on the left side of my lower abdomen the whole day. Guess my liver is finally calling it quits.

Liver should be on the UPPER RIGHT, right under your lower rib. Extends left but not by much.

Lower left? Could be a groin hernia.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
If it feels like you gotta poop but you don't actually gotta poop, go get your appendix checked out.

Edit: this reads more like a PSA and I'm fine with that.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
My appendicitis..... IIRC...flu like symptoms, fever, puking, then big lower ab pain, walking at a hard 90, then off to homspitals for some bladework.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was just told what my next round of project will be at work. ......I foresee OT hell in my future. It's gonna be brutal ....just like last fall.

I'm never going to have time to finish my round 2 of practice mixing. 😵‍💫

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
Cooked some chicken wings but I'm not even hungry and probably can't even finish them despite not eating anything today. :(

Though you said lower abdomen, have you had any gallbladder issues? Sorry to hear you're not feeling good.