Talk me out of a Mesa Dual Rectifier

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I made a thread about this before, but Rectos are those amps that make other people sound huge and full spectrumed and tight, I plug into one and it's flubby and undefined and I spend more time dialing than playing.

Now a mark on the other hand....

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My Tremoverb is badass. And it has a series FX loop mod which is waaaay better for me than parallel. Honestly I'm selling it though because I was able to dial in my favorite sounds from it on my FM9 through a different power amp (EVH or Powerstage).

I bought a 3 channel dual a while back and it was pretty cool but I returned it. I had a NAD thread about it.

Has anyone checked this thing out?

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks my old 2-Channel Triple Recto can be too tight sometimes?

I actually like the Parallel Loop that everyone seems to hate. Makes it easy to use my rack effects without needing a parallel mixer.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I want a 3 channel recto. My friends and I just started a project and we've been recording with a Diezel Herbert plugin but the other guitarist thinks it's too smooth and he misses the recto I had when we still lived together. The multiwatt has always sounded batshit and I'd love to get something that huge and boost the hell out of it to make some windows rattle when we start playing shows.

My solo music is 100% jacked up marshall tone but that's much more tight, aggressive music. The fellas are playing what is essentially green day meets crowbar and our tones for that are dialed to be gross.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks my old 2-Channel Triple Recto can be too tight sometimes?
Keep an open backed cabinet on hand for when you want an open sound

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I undoubtedly prefer it's tight, sexy, thickness over a Rectifier's loose, old-ass flabby, wore out, loose ass vagina anyday.

tony-stark-eye-roll.jpg

sacguy71

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like both Mesa Mark V, JP2C and Dual/Triple Rectifiers. If I did not already have the Uberschall would have Recto for what that tone gives me.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Tremoverb is badass. And it has a series FX loop mod which is waaaay better for me than parallel. Honestly I'm selling it though because I was able to dial in my favorite sounds from it on my FM9 through a different power amp (EVH or Powerstage).

I bought a 3 channel dual a while back and it was pretty cool but I returned it. I had a NAD thread about it.

Has anyone checked this thing out?

It's on my list

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unless you're able to play at high volumes, it's going to sound flubby and fizzy as hell. Get a EVH instead ;)
I do not have this issue at low volumes. If anything, it's brighter quiet.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
I love my dual recto. period. I dont have a " flub" issue. Most of what i am doing is not staccato, pizzicato percussive playing. it balls heavy groove oriented. As far as the Recto sound goes, I like the gut shaking low end through an over sized cab with v30's. And the fizz? : if EQ'd and turning down the presence, at least here, the sheer sledge hammer killing a fly overkill it gives me the " fuck yeah" every time. it is hands down my go to. Recording? that's up for debate. we're talking live here.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Allow me to be the voice of the radical alternative:

Buy a wall of vintage SS Peavey amps and a big bag of drugs and still have $1200 leftover.
Vintage ss Tech21 Trademark amps do the "magic" too with recreating perfectly Mesa sounds even in low bedroom volumes 😉

Lopp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Vintage ss Tech21 Trademark amps do the "magic" too with recreating perfectly Mesa sounds even in low bedroom volumes 😉
I have the Tech21 GT2 the Trademark is based on that I bought new decades ago. It is kinda surreal to find out something I bought new is now "vintage."

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have the Tech21 GT2 the Trademark is based on that I bought new decades ago. It is kinda surreal to find out something I bought new is now "vintage."
The gt2 pedal is still in production, I believe the trademark amps aren't anymore, however they're not really vintage in terms of cost... They're just a long time in the market...