Talk me out of a Mesa Dual Rectifier

Musiscience

Tarnished
Reaction score
Because I can’t resist much longer to buying a multi-watt dual rec. So close to putting an order every day…

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Don't buy a Recto, buy a Mark.
That was going to be my suggestion...

Note that I just got done playing my Triaxis (with lead 2 red fat Recto) through a 2:Ninety and a Mesa Recto cab.... I probably use the Mark IV sounds about 70/30 over the Recto sound on the Triaxis though.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Allow me to be the voice of the radical alternative:

Buy a wall of vintage SS Peavey amps and a big bag of drugs and still have $1200 leftover.
Damn, you missed a great opportunity to plug Crate SS amps. I used to have one of those when I was 13. It was sick.

Get the Dual Rec so I can live through you.

Musiscience

Tarnished
Reaction score
Have you actually played through one for a bit?

SSO is part of why I got a roadster. Realizing I dont like recto tone for myself is why I sold it :lol:.
Not long enough to really get a good feel for it. However, I quite like the Fractal model of the multi-watt 3 channel.

Usually more I’m more of a Mark guy and had a few of those, but I can’t get Rammstein’s live tone out of my head since seeing them. I should in fact send them the bill, it’s their fault :lol:

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not long enough to really get a good feel for it. However, I quite like the Fractal model of the multi-watt 3 channel.

Usually more I’m more of a Mark guy and had a few of those, but I can’t get Rammstein’s live tone out of my head since seeing them. I should in fact send them the bill, it’s their fault :lol:
The funny thing is that I think they are using Kempers for this tour, lol.

KailM

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You would be doing yourself a disservice by not buying one to find out how they are firsthand. Otherwise you’ll never know for sure…

I’m glad I could help.:D

sacguy71

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks like in addition to multiple Kemper profilers, Rammstein is using Mesa Triple Rectifier as power amps

As a huge Rammstein fan, Triple Rectifier gets my vote. If I did not already have a Mesa Mark V and Bogner Uberschall, I’d get a triple recto. My next amp if I don’t get a new modeler like the Fractal Axe FX III would be a Diezel Herbert or ENGL Savage. I’m a fan of the tighter distortion without having to run a boost pedal in front of the amp.