T.V. shows you've been watching

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
I've been watching Wednesday. It's fun and dark. It also has some great arrangements of paint it black, nothing else matters and a few others.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My understanding of the Walking Dead finale, from interviews and such, is that AMC was panicking about how everybody else had a universe, rather than just a show, and were DESPERATE to create a universe themselves. I know they had Fear TWD and one other semi-spin-off that never seemed to do anything. Fear was actually better than the original until they started crossing the streams and polluting the characters.

The bright spot? They'll relegate the new ones to their own streaming service, and are trying to pull back their agreements with Netflix and Hulu on the original and Fear, so the Walking Dead will officially be dead to us once that happens. I'm done signing up for new services every time an executive has a brain-fart. I'll buy good shows outright. Walking Dead passed "good show" status by a long, long time ago.

----

Peaky Blinders is fucking bonkers. Watching Arthur freak the fuck out and Tommy calmly face death over and over again before punching death in the nuts and telling him to mind his fucking manners is just so much fun. Even if the show is dark as shit sometimes, I can't seem to get enough of it.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Peaky Blinders lost me after S1. I like Cillian Murphy a lot but that one was a miss for me. It's been a few years now but I recall finding the dynamic between him and the Irish lady he was courting cringey and lazy-writing-y.

TWD... to say anything feels like saying too much hahaha. I finished it for the same reason you finish the last couple spoonfuls of ice cream at the bottom of the pint. You've been full since the halfway mark, you don't need it, you don't even want it, but the shame of eating it is marginally outweighed by the shame of throwing it away.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
. I finished it for the same reason you finish the last couple spoonfuls of ice cream at the bottom of the pint. You've been full since the halfway mark, you don't need it, you don't even want it,

I...I don't...are these words in this order even English anymore? They don't make sense to me.

In unrelated news, I am a fatass.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Peaky Blinders lost me after S1. I like Cillian Murphy a lot but that one was a miss for me. It's been a few years now but I recall finding the dynamic between him and the Irish lady he was courting cringey and lazy-writing-y.

TWD... to say anything feels like saying too much hahaha. I finished it for the same reason you finish the last couple spoonfuls of ice cream at the bottom of the pint. You've been full since the halfway mark, you don't need it, you don't even want it, but the shame of eating it is marginally outweighed by the shame of throwing it away.
Wow, man, you missed out on some shit if you gave up on Peaky after S1. Have to admit, at the start of season 6 I barely even remember the Cillian Murphy courtship nonsense. It was such a nothingburger that even the show went "meh" with it once the real drama started.

That statement on TWD is pretty much exactly what's happened to us. I tend to leave it on as background noise now while I do other things, looking up the twice per season anything interesting sorta/kinda seems to be happening.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Walking Dead was a soap opera LARPing as a horror film. I love you Nicotero -- your horror cred is unquestioned-- but The Walking Dead is a grim drama, not a horror show.

Good riddance.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I recently watched the Elvis movie and really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great movie. :cool:

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dead to Me - Lindsey Weir and Kelly Bundy meet in a grief group. Some funny and some drama ensues.

It's fairly entertaining, but I'm kinda getting tired of shows being advertised as the funniest thing to ever exist, and then turning into a drama-fest five minutes in. It's kinda depressing to wanna flip on some funny and getting smacked across the face with death, hate, fights, etc.

I think I just need to rewatch Letterkenny and Shoresy again. Or maybe It's Always Sunny.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So, Last of Us trailer looks good, except I don't like the casting on Ellie. It's not the actress's fault, but boy did I hate that character in GoT. Good intro, and then she quickly became one of the most obvious examples of "add in meme-able moments cause of social media reactions" ever seen in a prestige show, and I quickly started loathing the character. Blech.

We'll see if it ends up being worth it, I guess I don't have much motivation to watch a lengthy miniseries of a story I already experienced in its intended format!

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dead to Me - Lindsey Weir and Kelly Bundy meet in a grief group. Some funny and some drama ensues.

It's fairly entertaining, but I'm kinda getting tired of shows being advertised as the funniest thing to ever exist, and then turning into a drama-fest five minutes in. It's kinda depressing to wanna flip on some funny and getting smacked across the face with death, hate, fights, etc.

I think I just need to rewatch Letterkenny and Shoresy again. Or maybe It's Always Sunny.

Always Sunny somehow gets funnier the older the episodes get! I can throw that show on any time and know I’m going to laugh my ass off, regardless how many times I’ve seen the episode.

I don’t care how many times I’ve seen it, Frank birthing himself out of the couch will get me gasp for air every time.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Always Sunny somehow gets funnier the older the episodes get! I can throw that show on any time and know I’m going to laugh my ass off, regardless how many times I’ve seen the episode.

I don’t care how many times I’ve seen it, Frank birthing himself out of the couch will get me gasp for air every time.
Honestly, Frank may be the best character in any TV show ever.

"Way I see it? I only have a few good years left. I plan on gettin' real weird with it."

You don't see that level of self-awareness in most TV.

I love that everybody on that show is such a character. Dennis having the entire back of his vehicle filled with what's essentially BDSM / Kidnap gear (duct tape, rope, cuffs), Dee being the semi-sane one that everybody else picks on, Mac being... whatever the fuck Mac is, and Charlie just flat out not giving a fuck, I could watch that show on constant loop for the rest of my life and never get tired of it.

"DID YOU FUCK MY MOM, SANTA?"

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Love Death & Robots
We finally got to the one that's big in the trailer, the robots exploring a destroyed Earth. One of the best comedic takes on the post-apocalypse I've seen in short form. I especially love the one robots obsession with hats. The only bummer was no MAGA hat at any point for him to grab.

This show is a real treat. I feel like it's the grown-up version of those shitty 3D VHS tapes you used to be able to buy at Radio Shack that were basically dudes figuring out how 3D worked and doing flocks of birds flying through various mazes and water dripping through bricks and shit.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Love Death & Robots
We finally got to the one that's big in the trailer, the robots exploring a destroyed Earth. One of the best comedic takes on the post-apocalypse I've seen in short form. I especially love the one robots obsession with hats. The only bummer was no MAGA hat at any point for him to grab.

This show is a real treat. I feel like it's the grown-up version of those shitty 3D VHS tapes you used to be able to buy at Radio Shack that were basically dudes figuring out how 3D worked and doing flocks of birds flying through various mazes and water dripping through bricks and shit.
They didn't have it likely because the robot would just collect it to have it, as well as a story to discuss. Some people collect stuff they aren't actually into because it's cool looking or a story. IE, some WW2 stuff is cool looking and a story to tell.

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I saw Del Toro's name and some episode titles from HP Lovecraft and thought I'd give it a shot. I'm pretty happy with what I've seen. :yesway:
I also noticed this a few weeks back when I saw an ad with his name attached to this show. Will have to check this one out based on the good feedback so far on this forum. My coworker was disappointed with it and gave up after the first 3 or 4 episodes so I hastily wrote it off after his critique.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I thought Cabinet of Curiosities was great. lotta dorks on reddit are mad about the HPL adaptations but I enjoyed them. nerds should know by now when HPL goes to the screen shit's gonna change. low standards = no disappointment

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Just finished a few.
House of dragons, very good writing, really wanna see more. They're all insane but you can't help being curious about what's next
Peripheral. Disappointed. Starts great but after the 3rd episode, it gets very confused. Reminds me of westworld (same team)
Started Echo3. How luke evans would habe been great in Batman ;) interesting story, still a bit contemplative too often.
Willow. Glad to see all those characters again. But (and read between the lines please, i'm all for it but not like that)...do we really need the LGBT stuff in every show? it's like Disney forces it everywhere now. From something that could pass as normal or respectful, it's like mandatory now. Idk, you get the idea.
I'm starting Tulsa king and 1899 next week ;)