Suggestion for rack guitar stands.....

MIL8

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Likely going to be moving soon, I currently have most of my guitars hung on the wall but I don't want to do this in the new place, instead I'd like to do rack type guitar stands, something like this,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NSXM6CW/?tag=sevenstringorg-20

I want the ability to hold 20 guitars, mostly electric, but I have 5 acoustics. I'm not opposed to doing combinations of 2,3,4 units as needed. I prefer items made of wood but I'm not opposed to metal construction either. The ability to have something strapped around the neck would be a plus but not a must. There are so many options to choose from online with reviews all over the place, and this isn't something I can go check out locally.

Thanks!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess budget will be at play here - wood will cost a lot more.

MIL8

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have a set budget in mind. I don't want to go super cheap and sacrifice quality, but I don't want to get too carried away. But I'm willing to put some money into this, they will be holding some nice guitars.

MIL8

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well I ended up going with this,

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GS525B--hercules-stands-gs525b-5-space-guitar-rack

Have to say it works quite well, guitars are held into place very securely and I like how you can adjust the separation between the guitars. It is a great stand for the price.

51819449918_f9254427f7_h.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I go uber cheap on stands. Wall hangers not so much, but I figure the stand only needs to not collapse, and it’s good. That being said, the wood one is cool, so I’d be open to that.

Though, slightly off topic, the one you linked was clearly made by a furniture maker, not a guitarist. I would MUCH prefer maple, ash, or even cherry. It would be a bit more expensive, but look nicer IMO.

guitar_player4_2_0

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What I really wish was more available are dual layer racks where you can have guitars on the top and bottom. I’ve seen a few but they were very expensive. The Hercules is a good way to go, I have a cheap metal Amazon 7 guitar rack and it works but it’s a flimsy piece of shit.