SS RAP Suggestions

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
you said sevenstring rap, right? ;) fairly certain the dude who produced this used to frequent this forum and metalguitarist, think he had some LACS sevens

there's also this which i guess is kinda sevenstring rap

classic $B

surfgang the future

memphis legend

I knew that was Bones just by the title.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
It's fucking criminal that we've never gotten a second Fort Minor album, "In Stereo" still goes harder than half the shit that came out in the 00s

gabito

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like mostly the old stuff that guys my age (40-ish) usually like: Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Snoop Dogg, N.W.A., etc.

But sometimes I randomly go clicking on stuff Youtube and Spotify suggest, and I've found some new stuff I like.

I like this guy, some of his songs are borderline experimental:

Also Ski Mask The Slump God

broj15

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
- 90's Memphis "devil shit" ie. DJ Spanish Fly, (early) 3 6 mafia, Tommy Wright III, Graveyard Productions, and any other associated acts. Lots of side projects, features, people sampling other people in the scene, one off projects. Literally one of deepest rabbit holes in hip hop & also the blueprint for every trend in mainstream rap of the past ~10 years. They were making music that was 25 years ahead of their time with equipment that had already been considered obsolete for 10 years because it's what they had access too (Roland 808 drum machines, tascam portastudios, and Casio rompler keyboards).

- Death Grips if for no other reason than Zach hills drumming, but there's a reason they're so highly regarded by rap enthusiasts & people who like everything from metal, hardcore, harsh noise & experimental.

- .jpeg Mafia. Dude gets compared to death grips alot, but really not a fair comparison. Sonically very different, but because he's also a rapper that is "accepted" by the punk & experimental scene as well as "serious music critics" he often gets lumped in with/compared to DG but, really he's in his own lane.

- Space ghost purp/Raider Clan (or however they spell it with replacing the vowels with other letters). SGP needs to stay off Twitter & quit beefing with literally everyone on the planet (and saying homophobic stuff... Dude is allegedly bipolar & probably doesn't manage it very well, but that's no excuse) but him & the people he associated himself with in his prime helped revive the "Memphis sound" in the late '00's/early 10's, and thus had a huge influence on modern mainstream rap. Young Simmie, Amber London, Denzel Curry, Robb Bank$ (that's Shaggy's son), Lofty 305, etc. Also a deep rabbit hole.

- Show Me The Body. Solid blend of old school 80's hardcore punk & east coast hip hop. They have 2 albums that are focused on them as a band that have that right blend of rap & 80's hardcore and another project that is a collaboration between them & members of an experimental hip hop collective they are closely tied with, which has influences ranging from electronic, experimental, harsh noise, and black metal, but all with an underlying current of east coast rap. Definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of of stuff like minor threat, bad brains, black flag, etc. as well as east coast rap.

Last edited:

broj15

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn, did alot of work thinking posting yt vids on here worked the way it used to but apparently not and can't be asked to repost that stuff again so ignore the dbl post.