SS Love and Relationships Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Jun 17, 2010.

1. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

I feel like some girls test guys like that to see if they get jealous easily, I could be wrong though...cause I'm a guy and all :lol:

2. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

For some girls, they do. I've met many girls who have tested me for my jealously. I just tell them what they want to hear. Some of the things I've said in the past:

"Yes, Leilani, the 22 pictures that you took on the beach wearing your new bikini..., with your boyfriends hand around your ass, is nice".

"Yes, Allison, the new tattoo that your boyfriend paid for that you got above your butt is lovely".

"Yes, Shannon, I'd love to hear all the guys who are, "winking" at you on "single/males/looking/for/big/booty/white/girls/.com. * Not a real dating site but she did tell me about all these guys who were interested in her.

LOL! Seriously, though, that's what I really tell them. Just so they can stop probing me for reactions.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  3. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

:lol:

4. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

I think the key is to say it in the voice of Steven Wright, while rolling your eyes so far you have to crane your neck to complete the eye-rolling motion...and to make sure they see you doing it.

5. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

It's not to see IF they get jealous easy, but to see what their reaction is, to make sure they are jealous ENOUGH...because for some, if you don't flip your lid, it's because you don't love them enough to care.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  6. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

+1. Conversation is how things start. Might not start straight away, if ever. But it's guaranteed to go nowhere if you don't talk.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  7. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

Back to the Tinderverse after a two and a half year hiatus. Bummer.

But, after trying to make a long-distance deal between Arizona and Oregon work eventually you have to have some sort of plan to get back together. No hard feelings toward her. It just blows.

8. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I don't understand the weird landscape that things like Tinder have created. Maybe I'm "using these apps wrong", but it seems like a horribly broken system.

Consider that people don't meet in person because now you can meet people via apps. Even those trying to meet people seriously do it online now. If you're not the type to go out to bars (or you don't want to date the types who spend a lot of time in bars), then there really aren't appropriate social spaces to meet anyone anymore.
    But now you don't meet people in apps either, be it because there's more bots than people, or there's a built-in distrust of the attached hookup culture to it.
    Or maybe I'm just really unattractive or something.
    But the end result is that dating just no longer happens, I guess?

:shrug:

9. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis WWSD?

Don't mind me...I'm just here to look at straight guy problems from the safety and comfort of my gayness

10. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

11. The906

The906 Contributor

Dance?

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  12. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

No, safety djent.

The906 likes this.
  13. Jason B

Jason B Unbanned

Someone wants to be a mod.

Adieu likes this.
  14. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis WWSD?

15. Obsidian Soul

Obsidian Soul SS.org Regular

Dating IS dead.

Who asks anybody to go specifically on a date?People hang out, "chill," and maybe get laid afterwards.I don't think anyone asks the other to go on a date,does a more "date" appropriate activity,and seriously vet each other.In fact,I think young women are intimidated if you use the term date instead of just "hanging out."If you are asking for a date,you should instead beat around the bush and say "hang out."

16. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yeah, these days it feels to me that dates are mostly for married couples, you know, when we ditch the kids at their grandparent's place and go to a fancy restaurant or something...

17. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I don't understand how you're supposed to get to know someone well enough without dating. I don't care if you call it "hanging out" or "chilling" - call it whatever you want - it's still a date.

18. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd has left the building Contributor

This shit right here...

Young ppl got the game fucked up.

Speaking of dates and having the game fucked up...

I went to a bar a little while ago and this couple comes in... At least that's what they looked like.

They were very friendly and talked to me a bunch. We took shots together. Everything was really fun for a while.

He eventually goes to the bathroom and no sooner than he's out of sight she turns to me and says... "So uh... I don't think I'm really feeling that dude," staring me directly in the eye. She then starts moving in kind of close. By this time the guy is starting to come back from the bathroom and I'm talking to her while nodding rather vigorously in the direction directly behind her.

She turns around to see the guy standing RIGHT there as she's hitting on me.

He of course now--in some crazy display of insecure dominance--forces his tongue down her throat and I proceed to find a new seat at the bar...

The game is all fucked up...

And on all that "girls test guys by ______" -- especially the whole testing other dudes out for jealousy with a current boyfriend.

Fuck that...

If you want people to keep shit real with you, then pay it forward and don't ruin trust with bullshit tests and games. Trust is much easier lost than earned. And a woman that does something like that sounds like a woman that's on a perpetual hunt for a bigger and better deal :2c:

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'd file that one under:
    :lol:

I think as soon as it becomes "the game" you've lost me, essentially. I'm not 16, I have no interest in playing games with people, unless those are video or board games.

20. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Devil's advocate, and from the perspective of one of the older people in this discussion (I'm 38).

I did my first foray into online dating last year - a friend of mine (ironically, someone maybe 5 years before I'd been set up with and dated for a while, before we decided we weren't what the other was looking for and decided to start over as friends) basically force downloaded a dating app (Coffee Meets Bagel, if anyone gives a shit - the thing I liked about it is it basically forces you to interact with other people, which is I think why she chose that one for me) and told me to give it at least a month of honest effort.

People definitely still go on dates, if that's what you're looking for. I was open about looking for a relationship, rather than just casual sex, and for a while there I was going on about three dates a week, which honestly was getting to the point where it was starting to interfere with me getting enough sleep to function at work. I don't know how often I described it as "do you want to go out on a date," but when you're saying, "how about we grab a coffee on saturday," or "do you want to get a couple drinks on Tuesday night?" or "do you want to get dinner on Thursday," that's a date, no matter what you call it. Maybe it's different in your early 20s and the first time you meet someone inviting them over to watch Game of Thrones and just fucking instead is the norm, idunno, but at least in the sample of 28-40 year old women I was meeting, we both had the same expectation that the first couple times we got together it would be going out on a date.

(the conclusion of the story is I met a bunch of pretty awesome women, was pretty blown away by one of them in particular, and have been happily dating her for a few months now, though she was pissed when she found out I only spent a hair over a month online dating, lol)