Spawn and other tech

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some of you might be pretty interested in this.

:edit: oh, and this. Kevin is a monster and I'm sure many of you are familiar with him, but here this is anyways.

The thing about scorched is that the patterns are pretty straightforward. Dennis said in an interview that bryss told him go as fast as he wants on that song. I think my favorite song on that album is the previous song, in my own greed.

rippedflesh89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Awesome thread! I've been a huge Spawn of Possession fan for quite a while now. I haven't seen anyone mention Virulent Depravity yet. They're one of the most similar bands to SoP that I've found.

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yea they have that neoclassical riffage down, I think the guy is only 19 years old. Wish they had Dennis do some vocals ha.

gunch

30 y/o metal zooner
Reaction score
Intercepting Fist SHOULD get recommended more often. Masterclass of fucked up but catchy/funky/groovy drum patterns

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm digging this album so far. Disodeath, which I guess is compositionally techy.

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
Yea they have that neoclassical riffage down, I think the guy is only 19 years old. Wish they had Dennis do some vocals ha.
Your post here initially confused the hell out of me and then I realized you had two bands mixed up because of the names :lol: You’re thinking of Vitrified Entity.

Colin and co. (Virulent Depravity) are definitely not 19, and don’t do the super neoclassical thing. Caleb (Vitrified Entity) is 18-19 and plays neoclassical tech death.

Necrophagist enjoyers might like this. Album came out last month.

During the first 15-20 seconds I was ready to write this off entirely. It’s got that “baby’s first Epitaph rip-off riff” thing going, complete with Hannes style drumming. Then the blackened section kicked in and I was like, “oh, okay. That’s pretty cool.” Then they added the low drone note in that riff and I thought, “okay, they’re really keeping me on my toes here.” Then the melodic section kicked in later, and after the solo there was some more traditional death metal riffing going on, too and I realized, this isn’t some super generic modern tech death band. They really manage to blend a lot of different extreme metal styles without just making riff salad. The whole album is like this and was a really pleasant surprise. Nothing ground breaking, but a solid 8/10 IMO. Thanks for posting this!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I grew up listening to bands such as Suffocation and Gorguts, etc....I love all kinds of tech death metal though.

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lol, I'm an idiot who can't read good. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll give it a listen.