Some guitars are too funny not to post

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I now have a visceral understanding of the phrase "Carve their heart out with a spoon:
"Frets were removed from the fretboard after some fret slots were not done correctly." WTF? Who would buy that non-functional neck that looks and plays like shit?

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I now have a visceral understanding of the phrase "Carve their heart out with a spoon:
Unfinished? Shouldn't have started with that neck in the first place.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score

I bet he's taking a shellacking in losses. He'll probably hit up the lacquer bottle from it and brush up on his luthier skills.....

sorry I just don't know any more puns.

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
Good god that "blackmachine" neck is atrocious. Can you report stuff on Reverb for being too shitty?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I bet he's taking a shellacking in losses. He'll probably hit up the lacquer bottle from it and brush up on his luthier skills.....

sorry I just don't know any more puns.
I just can't sand to gloss over so many puns- it might be best to leave the list unfinished.

I imagine this must have been posted before:
aGdrw66_460swp.webp

Oh deer

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just can't sand to gloss over so many puns- it might be best to leave the list unfinished.

I imagine this must have been posted before:
aGdrw66_460swp.webp

Oh deer
That guitar won the 2020 Crimson Guitars Great Guitar Build-Off for the...whatever the unofficial viewer contest was called.

Oh, and the reaction should be "holy cow", not "oh deer". Itxs meant to be a Jersey cow, but the ears are a bit off and deer-y.

esy-013568487.jpg

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
That guitar won the 2020 Crimson Guitars Great Guitar Build-Off for the...whatever the unofficial viewer contest was called.

Oh, and the reaction should be "holy cow", not "oh deer". Itxs meant to be a Jersey cow, but the ears are a bit off and deer-y.

View attachment 114211
My moo-steak.

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
Metal....

uc

Evilbay UK LINK if you must!...are some people just broken in the head or what? (given 99% of the posts in this thread id have to say that's a yes).....there must be some point durning such a "build" where your Hidbrain just say Please STOP.....
this is officially the worst thing in this thread lol

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
"Art" doesn't necessarily mean it's good. I'd argue that most of the time it means quite the opposite. :lol:
In most cases, that "art" you're referring to has a context and a purpose where it shines, regardless of how well it was made. Aesthetics and execution/performance quality are no longer a measure of how artistic objects are. Context and purpose.

In this particular scenario, only poor craftsmanship is presented, hence not calling it art. However, within a proper context this could be thought as brilliant and finely crafted. Again, context is key...

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
As much of a piece of crap that it looks like, I could see it as "art" with the right context as @odibrom said. I'd be shocked if it's functional, and think one would get shocked using it.

It definitely gives me post apocalyptic/Fallout vibes.