Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah EMGs are compatable with Fishmans. You'll just have some spare unused pins and switches.

The other way around isn't true because Fishmans need a bridge ground.

Quiet Coil

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Yeah EMGs are compatable with Fishmans. You'll just have some spare unused pins and switches.

Got me there. I will say that most guitars I’ve had that came stock with EMG’s usually had them grounded (whether necessary or not).

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got me there. I will say that most guitars I’ve had that came stock with EMG’s usually had them grounded (whether necessary or not).
It's not always a guarantee. I bought a PRS Torero that someone put Duncans in and it was noisy as fuck. Turns out a bridge ground was never installed. Had to drill a hole and everything.

Last edited:

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
When did solar stop offering the gig bags with the guitars? Was browsing the website and the models I was looking at don't come with them anymore.

Zhysick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
When did solar stop offering the gig bags with the guitars? Was browsing the website and the models I was looking at don't come with them anymore.
As far as I have always seen it was only some Artist models that came with gig bags... but maybe I didn't start checking them soon enough...

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As far as I have always seen it was only some Artist models that came with gig bags... but maybe I didn't start checking them soon enough...
I got my e2.7 in mid 2020 and it came with those nice solar gig bags. As far as I know, all the solar used to come with one. Browsing the website, everything seems to be marked "unavailable", even the more expensive models.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I always read that you can hot swap FIshman's into an EMG equipped guitar with the quick connect. You're just limited to voice 1 on said pick up.

Zhysick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got my e2.7 in mid 2020 and it came with those nice solar gig bags. As far as I know, all the solar used to come with one. Browsing the website, everything seems to be marked "unavailable", even the more expensive models.

This signature model says included... That's how I has seen all of them since I started checking the brand to buy one and las year, early 2021, I bought one and no gigbag was included...

But yeah, still some signature/artist models says not available so maybe there are some kind of sourcing issue...

Laanscapes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi guys,
New to the forum. Long-time lurker. I've seen a ton of messages surrounding the attached image. Was it fake, photoshopped, a leak or an actual release...

Being a photographer and an adept Photoshop user, it's a mock-up I made based on the backside of an early X-shape preview that Ola shared in a video and was subsequently found on Metalmusicians. I combined with elements taken from the E- and V-type AAN finishes. I wished it would look something like this and one of the first releases would be a 6-string AAN, that's why I wanted to visualize it. However, I'm here to claim the creation of this mock-up. Either like it or hate it - it's all speculation.

Maybe on SWOLA #100?

Best,
Daniel
Laanscapes.com
Solar-Guitars-X1.6AAN-Mockup---Daniel-Laan.jpg

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got a gig bag with my E-type last September. Funnily enough, just two days ago I remembered it came with one when I was trying to find the truss rod wrench. Really need to get a hard case for this thing.

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Looks very good
Still if the angle are sharp on the sides, to me the bottom should be the same instead of that light curb like a concorde
And then we arrive at a dime stealth shape ;) ah ah

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I'd half that treble side lower horn so it's less Dean ML and more X shape like you typically see with a Xiphos/Warrior/Stealth, etc

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
For real, he's doing a huge disservice to that laser blue by going with an unfinished headstock; even black would be better.