SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here's mine.

1.jpg

2.jpg

GunpointMetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Doesn't it drive you nuts having everything organized and connected then just having this floating EXP pedal somewhere off to the side? I see it with the smaller modelers, too. No board, just an HX Stomp and a floating EXP pedal. It would irk me every time I had to run a cable to the EXP pedal off the board. I also don't understand the people who want a full-size floor modeler without an attached EXP pedal, either, but my cable management OCD goes bonkers with the floating pedals when everything else is on-board.

D-Nasty

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Doesn't it drive you nuts having everything organized and connected then just having this floating EXP pedal somewhere off to the side? I see it with the smaller modelers, too. No board, just an HX Stomp and a floating EXP pedal. It would irk me every time I had to run a cable to the EXP pedal off the board. I also don't understand the people who want a full-size floor modeler without an attached EXP pedal, either, but my cable management OCD goes bonkers with the floating pedals when everything else is on-board.
It doesn't bother me at all. I designed it like this. I don't always use the expression pedal, it saves size, weight & the board without the expression pedal fits in a flight case. I understand your OCD. I have a bit of OCD as well, but it doesn't kick in since I designed the board this way. :dio:

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
I haven't really wanted or needed a guitar pedal board since I got an AxeFx, but lately I wanted to put something together.

Excuse the cable mess! I just got the OS2 today and really like it. I'm trying to decide whether I want to add another overdrive or reverb though... Kinda thinking a Turbo Overdrive or maybe a Boss or some other flavor of verb. Screenshot_20220519-222051_Gallery.jpg

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I’m too picky about expression pedals to have one attached, like a Helix. That and I just have the idea that if something goes wrong with it, it’s a much larger repair than just getting a new expression pedal.

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m still trying to figure out if I’m going to add anything else to the FM9 board before wiring it up properly, like the AxeFX III board below it-

Man I love my FM9. Here’s a pic with it almost complete. I have a couple minor items on the way still but this will give the general idea.

Two Moog expression pedals. I have a pair of EV-2s that I love as well but the Moogs are just better sized for me including height and depth. And they work great as well.

I’m using the GigRig patch bay just to plug my guitar into. It has 5 jacks so using just one is kinda goofy but I really wanted to relocate the input jack. One of the things I have on the way is a single-jack patchbox from Loopi pedals. That’ll tidy it up just a bit more.

81BF0106-2B18-4547-977F-91BA5E2D09EF.jpeg

GunpointMetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m too picky about expression pedals to have one attached, like a Helix. That and I just have the idea that if something goes wrong with it, it’s a much larger repair than just getting a new expression pedal.
That's what everyone says, but in 10+ years of using a modeler live I've never had an EXP pedal go out. I've also never had external EXP pedal go out when I was running a regular pedalboard, either. Footswitches and cables, but never an EXP pedal.

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's what everyone says, but in 10+ years of using a modeler live I've never had an EXP pedal go out. I've also never had external EXP pedal go out when I was running a regular pedalboard, either. Footswitches and cables, but never an EXP pedal.

I had an EB volume pedal I was using for expression crap out on me and 2 Bad Horsie’s, that was enough for me to not have a ton of faith in treadle-based pedals. Also, I prefer to angle mine because I’m generally at a mic stand and want my board straight in front of me, I’d have to angle the whole unit to be comfy.

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man I love my FM9. Here’s a pic with it almost complete. I have a couple minor items on the way still but this will give the general idea.

Two Moog expression pedals. I have a pair of EV-2s that I love as well but the Moogs are just better sized for me including height and depth. And they work great as well.

I’m using the GigRig patch bay just to plug my guitar into. It has 5 jacks so using just one is kinda goofy but I really wanted to relocate the input jack. One of the things I have on the way is a single-jack patchbox from Loopi pedals. That’ll tidy it up just a bit more.

View attachment 108009

The patchbay is what I’m unsure about so far. I‘d rather have a permanently mounted patch bay that I plug/unplug XLR’s and shit in and out of, mainly to keep things nice and tidy without cables running on the board because I’m OCD about that stuff. I’m just not sure what my use-case is going to end up being yet to invest the time/money into making/buying one.

And I think I’m going to buy another Freqout just for the FM9 rig since my other one is mounted in the III’s rack (I use that small momentary switch on the FC6 board to engage it in the III). Even though I’m running into actual cabs, there’s still stuff I do with that Freqout I can’t do with just volume.